2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo - Page 16 - Ford Inside News Community
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 09:47 PM
Ford Mondeo

Re: 2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
But OK, I get it, more choice is better. But why stop at two colors. Why not 10, I wonder.
C'mon, nobody has 10 interior colors - but 3 or 4 would do the trick. Brown, tan/ivory, grey and black and voila, 9 out of 10 people will be happy...

And if that's still too much, just offer black and a light alternative.

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 08:24 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
C'mon, nobody has 10 interior colors - but 3 or 4 would do the trick. Brown, tan/ivory, grey and black and voila, 9 out of 10 people will be happy...

And if that's still too much, just offer black and a light alternative.
I was being ironical.

Yeah, more choice is better. That said, I doubt Ford will miss out on any sales of Edge overall, given the plethora of other choices from Platinum all the way down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #153 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:07 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
Well, count me in as being one of the few. For me, a black interior in Florida rules out the ST as an option right from the start which is sad - even if it would cost $15K less and had 700 HP...

A black exterior with - let's say an ivory interior....THAT would be striking.

That's why you make sure it has cooled seats and a remote start
70 Stang likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

post #154 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 04:10 PM
Focus RS

And another one....:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...suvs-compared/

Explorer only managed 4th place out of 5!!! Going RWD brought 0 driving advantages - look at the data in the article...
post #155 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:04 PM
Ford Explorer

If you believe that an entry level model with entry level wheels and tires and no variable rate dempening and base I4 engines can have no impact on slalom times........raise your hand.

LOL

Yet another stripped Explorer having to compete with premium equipped minivan architectures.

Yawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #156 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 10:05 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
If you believe that an entry level model with entry level wheels and tires and no variable rate dempening and base I4 engines can have no impact on slalom times........raise your hand.

LOL

Yet another stripped Explorer having to compete with premium equipped minivan architectures.

Yawn
Like I keep saying...priced themselves out of the market. Competition is ruthless...

I am going to call it - the Explorer is next to go down the same way the Taurus, Fusion, Focus and Escape went...too sad.
post #157 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 04:51 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
And another one....:

Explorer only managed 4th place out of 5!!! Going RWD brought 0 driving advantages - look at the data in the article...
I'd just like to point out that the Explorer's new RWD architecture allowed Ford to have high-horsepower/ high-performance models like the Explorer ST and Explorer Platinum, as well as the basis for the Lincoln Aviator. You need to look at the bigger picture.

If you look at the Explorer's FWD-based competitors, they have limited engine options and limited towing capacity thanks to their low-cost FWD architectures.

Competitors using weakness as a strength. Cheap bones saves you extra bucks so you can dress your vehicle with cosmetic/superficial upgrades.

Last edited by AM222; 10-22-2019 at 05:02 AM.
post #158 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:59 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Quote:
And another one....:

I'd just like to point out that the Explorer's new RWD architecture allowed Ford to have high-horsepower/ high-performance models like the Explorer ST and Explorer Platinum, as well as the basis for the Lincoln Aviator. You need to look at the bigger picture.

If you look at the Explorer's FWD-based competitors, they have limited engine options and limited towing capacity thanks to their low-cost FWD architectures.

Competitors using weakness as a strength. Cheap bones saves you extra bucks so you can dress your vehicle with cosmetic/superficial upgrades.

...this ^^^ all of this ^^^^

Is the Explorer expensive? Yep. Could the Aviator be the hit it is on a cheaper platform? Nope. If Ford just gussied the prior platform again and then tried building a Lincoln on it, the cry would be Ford is trying to put lipstick on a pig, then some comparison about how VAG engineers a platform for Porsche/Audi and then shares it down to VW, not the other way around.

Ford did what is necessary to make Lincoln relevant, and judging by one review after another, it is working.
glyphics likes this.
post #159 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:59 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And another one....:

Is the Explorer expensive? Yep. Could the Aviator be the hit it is on a cheaper platform? Nope. If Ford just gussied the prior platform again and then tried building a Lincoln on it, the cry would be Ford is trying to put lipstick on a pig, then some comparison about how VAG engineers a platform for Porsche/Audi and then shares it down to VW, not the other way around.

Ford did what is necessary to make Lincoln relevant, and judging by one review after another, it is working.
Can we remind ourselves again about which SUV is the best selling LUXURY SUV in the US? Cough cough...Lexus RX!!! Based on what?! A Highlander eh?!
post #160 of 177 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:30 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And another one....:

Can we remind ourselves again about which SUV is the best selling LUXURY SUV in the US? Cough cough...Lexus RX!!! Based on what?! A Highlander eh?!
...an RX doesn’t play in Aviator’s league. RX is $40-$60k and a size class down. Be serious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page