2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:39 AM
Ford Flex

Re: 2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
^^ 400hp and 5.5s?! It better be faster than that...I expect 4.8 or lower
I'd think the Hybrid V6 would be in the mid 5s...ST should be under 5

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:

Is a 4700 pounds vehicle with 7 seats and luggage capacity for all its occupants!

If you want to go from 0 to 100 in 3 sec, buy a Tesla model 3 (is the only thing that this refrigerator on wheels knows how to do well).

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Ford Falcon

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/20/...#slide-7596204

Here's an ST review.
jpd80 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:27 PM
Ford Explorer

My guess is low 5's. With only 3.0L, it prob gives up a slight surge right out of the whole. Not a horrible thing, if it pulls strong everywhere else. But what matters far more to me is how it steers and rides down the road. Sounds like Ford has a winner here.
jpd80 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:55 PM
Ford Focus

Local Ford dealer said the ST will be arriving sometime in Autumn. I try to negotiate a pre-order purchase buy but the sales manager throw in a MAP on it and I walked out the door and I will never comeback to this Ford dealership. They want to get an additional $20K over MSRP for the Explorer ST. Greedy!

Last edited by Harry_Wild; 06-20-2019 at 09:37 PM.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:26 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
My guess is low 5's. With only 3.0L, it prob gives up a slight surge right out of the whole. Not a horrible thing, if it pulls strong everywhere else. But what matters far more to me is how it steers and rides down the road. Sounds like Ford has a winner here.
and what many people forget is that this SUV is only a drive in drive out tune away from running some very serious numbers. Try doing that with an atmo V6 engined whatever...and then there's the promise of the performance PHeV 3.0 EB coming next year with SRT like power and torque.

Truly, what Ford needs is a smaller/lighter CD6 RWD/AWD Edge ST below Explorer, something drivers can really get their teeth into.
Now that would be something...

Last edited by jpd80; 06-22-2019 at 07:53 AM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:43 AM
Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:

Is a 4700 pounds vehicle with 7 seats and luggage capacity for all its occupants!

If you want to go from 0 to 100 in 3 sec, buy a Tesla model 3 (is the only thing that this refrigerator on wheels knows how to do well).
If a F150 3.5L with 5594lbs can swing 5s....this Explorer with 400hp and a lot more weight must swing at least the same.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:05 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
If a F150 3.5L with 5594lbs can swing 5s....this Explorer with 400hp and a lot more weight must swing at least the same.
Depends on which F150. They range in weights from very low 4K to very high 5K's. And the top trim 3.5L offer 510 ftlbs. I can't think of a stranger vehicle to compare to Explorer.

May I suggest you actually wait for a recorded actual 0-60 time, before you start your typical trolling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:40 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

The Autoblog ST review was kinda off-putting, because it reminded me of the most recent Fusion ST/Sport reviews: not quite an insane performance vehicle, but more than a stripe and spoiler job.

Granted, I wasn't expecting it to be as hairy-chested as the SRT stuff, but I am disappointed in the numb steering. One of the qualities of RWD is improved steering feel...at least, generally speaking. BMW has managed to forget that in recent years.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
The Autoblog ST review was kinda off-putting, because it reminded me of the most recent Fusion ST/Sport reviews: not quite an insane performance vehicle, but more than a stripe and spoiler job.

Granted, I wasn't expecting it to be as hairy-chested as the SRT stuff, but I am disappointed in the numb steering. One of the qualities of RWD is improved steering feel...at least, generally speaking. BMW has managed to forget that in recent years.
I think everybody is struggling to get steering feel with the new electric power steering systems. Even those who have it better still lack the feel of the old hydraulic systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page