2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo - Page 23 - Ford Inside News Community
 62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 08:58 PM
Ford Focus

Re: 2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo

Ford got to hope that the Bronco twins will reverse the sales downfall in Fall. If the new Bronco and Baby Broncos do not sell well, Ford will be up against Jeepís new 2021 Grand Cherokee near the same time frame in the marketplace. Ford screw the quality and made the dash and center stack to primitive looking and is paying the price against CX-5, Palisade and Telluride which have luxury quality interiors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 09:56 PM
Ford Explorer

Congrats Ford, profit-less sedans way down as expected, while not having to spend Billions on re-tooling factories for all of them.

Lincoln sales up nicely, but most importantly due entirely to profit-oozing high margin SUVís, which continue to rise.

Ford large trucks are killing it, as usual, even while Ranger is doing so well and taking some of their sales Ė all while maintaining their generation long leadership. Win-win.

Even profit-rich fleet friendly vehicles like Transit, Transit Connect and E-Series continue their popularity, which few other makers can claim similar success.

Expedition is way, way, WAY up, and I hear the high trim take rate is off the charts. Brilliant Ford, Brilliant.

Even Edge and Flex is up.

And itís nice to see Explorer and Escape sales bouncing back to normal, after quality issues. Especially Explorer. Another quarter should have them close to, if not matching previous numbers, but most importantly, the high ATP increase for both is a massive multiplying factor for margin. As it is for ALL of Ford/ Lincoln ATPís. I really canít wait to see how huge all the huge margin increases and lack of low margin spending from sedans, will boost total profits. That may take quite a quarters however. Next up, Baby Bronco and soon after, Bronco.
ZanatWork, pffan1990 and hbmf3 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #223 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 02:29 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Congrats Ford, profit-less sedans way down as expected, while not having to spend Billions on re-tooling factories for all of them.

Lincoln sales up nicely, but most importantly due entirely to profit-oozing high margin SUV’s, which continue to rise.

Ford large trucks are killing it, as usual, even while Ranger is doing so well and taking some of their sales – all while maintaining their generation long leadership. Win-win.

Even profit-rich fleet friendly vehicles like Transit, Transit Connect and E-Series continue their popularity, which few other makers can claim similar success.

Expedition is way, way, WAY up, and I hear the high trim take rate is off the charts. Brilliant Ford, Brilliant.

Even Edge and Flex is up.

And it’s nice to see Explorer and Escape sales bouncing back to normal, after quality issues. Especially Explorer. Another quarter should have them close to, if not matching previous numbers, but most importantly, the high ATP increase for both is a massive multiplying factor for margin. As it is for ALL of Ford/ Lincoln ATP’s. I really can’t wait to see how huge all the huge margin increases and lack of low margin spending from sedans, will boost total profits. That may take quite a quarters however. Next up, Baby Bronco and soon after, Bronco.
‘Profitless’ LOL.....

post #224 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 11:27 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
And itís nice to see Explorer and Escape sales bouncing back to normal, after quality issues. Especially Explorer.
I'll do my best by adding another Explorer-sale in April...
wingsnut likes this.

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i
post #225 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 12:42 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
I'll do my best by adding another Explorer-sale in April...
Nice. Good luck. I am holding out for Bronco later this year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #226 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 05:17 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
And it’s nice to see Explorer and Escape sales bouncing back to normal, after quality issues. Especially Explorer. Another quarter should have them close to, if not matching previous numbers, but most importantly, the high ATP increase for both is a massive multiplying factor for margin.
I hope Ford can better balance its price margin & sales volume.
Such a waste if high prices kept some consumers away from Ford dealerships.

On the bright side, for Q4 2019, the Ranger (33,059) outsold the Colorado + Canyon (total of 31,409).
falcon lover, Ed753 and hbmf3 like this.

Last edited by AM222; 01-08-2020 at 05:35 AM.
post #227 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post

On the bright side, for Q4 2019, the Ranger (33,059) outsold the Colorado + Canyon (total of 31,409).
Outsold GM small twins combined huh. That's respectable. Although GM had a pretty good year overall, considering their strike.

post #228 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post

Outsold GM small twins combined huh. That's respectable. Although GM had a pretty good year overall, considering their strike.
GM didn’t have a great year....Ram had a great year, 18% increase in sales in market that is contracting or flat is a huge accomplishment.
post #229 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
GM didn’t have a great year....Ram had a great year, 18% increase in sales in market that is contracting or flat is a huge accomplishment.
I clearly said GM had a "pretty good year, considering the strike."

post #230 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Ford Mondeo

Was there a recent price-increase on the Explorer?

It seems that at least the options on the ST went up a bit...

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page