2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo - Page 24 - Ford Inside News Community
 62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 08:25 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
Was there a recent price-increase on the Explorer?

It seems that at least the options on the ST went up a bit...
Yup!!! It’s Ford’s way to attempt to hold the price tag, after throwing upwards of $10k in incentives in a brand new product. I am enjoying watching the struggle and the discounts flowing in the Explorer forums - some are even getting 12k off!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 09:32 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Yup!!! Itís Fordís way to attempt to hold the price tag, after throwing upwards of $10k in incentives in a brand new product. I am enjoying watching the struggle and the discounts flowing in the Explorer forums - some are even getting 12k off!!!

New Explorer XLT and Limited incentive = $2500
ST and Platinum = $1500

Those numbers clearly are nothing close to the typical lies you perpetuate on this site.
They also suggest Ford's premium trim models are hot sellers.

Your repetitive attacks on Explorer are as misinformed and vindictive as they are laughable.

Just stop already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #233 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 10:34 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
Yup!!! It’s Ford’s way to attempt to hold the price tag, after throwing upwards of $10k in incentives in a brand new product. I am enjoying watching the struggle and the discounts flowing in the Explorer forums - some are even getting 12k off!!!

New Explorer XLT and Limited incentive = $2500
ST and Platinum = $1500

Those numbers clearly are nothing close to the typical lies you perpetuate on this site.
They also suggest Ford's premium trim models are hot sellers.

Your repetitive attacks on Explorer are as misinformed and vindictive as they are laughable.

Just stop already.
That’s for January and doesn’t reflect other discounts that may not be public..

Here for anyone looking to buy a 2020, there’s lots of room to negotiate: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums...n-only.482348/

Last edited by hellb0y; 01-13-2020 at 10:37 PM.

post #234 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 11:14 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
That’s for January and doesn’t reflect other discounts that may not be public..

Here for anyone looking to buy a 2020, there’s lots of room to negotiate: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums...n-only.482348/
Thanks, but I would rather use a reputable source, like truecar.

In fact I did. Priced Platinum AWD 3.0L with no additional options, and the market average savings from the nearly $60K MSRP was $4,500.
I also looked at the Audi Q7, priced almost identical MSRP, and the market average savings was $7,076.
Then I looked at the comparative new Cadillac XT6, again with identical price, but the savings was $9,374.

You really are a misinformed vindictive litle child.
Just stop already

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #235 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 11:05 AM
Ford Mondeo

Well...enough Explorer-talk, time for Action!

OK, so I went to my local dealer yesterday to have a closer look at the ST and really liked what I saw. I took a test-drive and that sealed the deal. I told my SA what I was looking for and that due to the initial QC-issues, I would prefer a custom order. The dealer told me delivery would take 10-12 weeks and since my current Lincoln MKZ lease expires in April, I placed the order right on the spot.

Agate Black, High Performance Package, Premium Technology Package & Twin Panel Moonroof.

MSRP (incl. Destination & Acquisition): $61,560.00
Discount: $5,297

Total price (incl. Taxes/Fees, LeaseCare & TireCare): $58,260.60

$1,000 down, 39 Months / 15K miles/year, Monthly Payment (incl. Tax): $789.00

This is based on the current lease numbers and the $750 incentive. I requested that in case the numbers/incentives are better in April, I would get the better deal which might be possible by then. I will be starting my hunt now for personal cash offers by requesting brochures shortly...

Considering that this is only $50/month more than what we are paying for the MKZ (with potential for a better deal), I'm happy.

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i

Last edited by LincolnFanFl; 01-16-2020 at 11:07 AM.
post #236 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-17-2020, 09:27 PM
Ford Focus

^ congrats! I love my new Aviator. Build quality is not the best but itíll do for the next two years.

Also bought a 2013 MKS EcoBoost last week to take over from my tired 360,000+ km MKZ commuter car. Total of 765 Lincoln horsepower in the household!!
post #237 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 09:41 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Well...enough Explorer-talk, time for Action!

OK, so I went to my local dealer yesterday to have a closer look at the ST and really liked what I saw. I took a test-drive and that sealed the deal. I told my SA what I was looking for and that due to the initial QC-issues, I would prefer a custom order. The dealer told me delivery would take 10-12 weeks and since my current Lincoln MKZ lease expires in April, I placed the order right on the spot.

Agate Black, High Performance Package, Premium Technology Package & Twin Panel Moonroof.

MSRP (incl. Destination & Acquisition): $61,560.00
Discount: $5,297

Total price (incl. Taxes/Fees, LeaseCare & TireCare): $58,260.60

$1,000 down, 39 Months / 15K miles/year, Monthly Payment (incl. Tax): $789.00

This is based on the current lease numbers and the $750 incentive. I requested that in case the numbers/incentives are better in April, I would get the better deal which might be possible by then. I will be starting my hunt now for personal cash offers by requesting brochures shortly...

Considering that this is only $50/month more than what we are paying for the MKZ (with potential for a better deal), I'm happy.
Great discount! Hope you enjoy yours.
post #238 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 11:33 AM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Thanks!

I have actually seen better deals on other forums before but those included significantly higher incentives (north of $3,000). If I'm not mistaken, the discount I got actually puts it below invoice. Considering I factory ordered and did not buy off the lot, I'd say that's OK.

The only incentive I got right now on top of the discount was $750 off. It might very well be that by April, the lease-deals get more attractive and that my monthly payment gets even closer to the $735 we're paying for the MKZ right now.

What I can already say after a short test-drive is that the ST is a beast and fun to drive and although the materials used in the cabin and build quality aren't top notch, it will be difficult to find another SUV with such a handling and power in this price-range.

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
On order:
2020 Ford Explorer ST
2020 BMW X7 M50i
post #239 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 10:11 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

I have actually seen better deals on other forums before but those included significantly higher incentives (north of $3,000). If I'm not mistaken, the discount I got actually puts it below invoice. Considering I factory ordered and did not buy off the lot, I'd say that's OK.

The only incentive I got right now on top of the discount was $750 off. It might very well be that by April, the lease-deals get more attractive and that my monthly payment gets even closer to the $735 we're paying for the MKZ right now.

What I can already say after a short test-drive is that the ST is a beast and fun to drive and although the materials used in the cabin and build quality aren't top notch, it will be difficult to find another SUV with such a handling and power in this price-range.
Yeah, I those were the Nov/Dec incentives...some folks were reporting upwards of $10k, but they were likely buying stock vs placing a special order. So yeah good discount!
post #240 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 02:44 AM
Ford Explorer

Nobody has seen a $10,000 discount on new Explorer, or even a $12,000 as some trolls around here claim.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page