2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 177 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:23 PM
Ford Mondeo

Re: 2020 Ford Explorer. Begin the reviews and comparo

BTW, I saw my first new Explorer out in the wild yesterday.

It was a Platinum and had a white cardboard temporary plate on there.

So I guess they are officially out yet or did I see something special?

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 177 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:58 PM
Ford Explorer

Varsity Ford in my area has a customer appreciation day this week that includes showing off a bunch of new Explorers and Escapes. I think I will show up. Much nicer to see them cleaned up at the dealer. I have seen plenty with camo and dirt all over.
igor2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 03:40 PM
Focus RS

Reviews are starting to come in...from Yahoo Autos:

The engine has plenty of power and the transmission works well, but this pairing still has some flaws. Right off the bat, there is no mistaking that there’s just a four-cylinder engine under the hood. It’s a bit noisy, with a raspy quality that isn’t appropriate for a midsized SUV, especially one that costs $50,000. The sound gives the impression that the engine is really working hard. This, combined with the wind noise, quickly becomes tiresome.

It can be challenging to drive the Explorer in suburban settings. When starting up from a stop, such as at a traffic light or pulling into traffic from a side street, the Explorer lurches forward. That’s followed by rough shifts from first to second gear, and from second to third. Plus, the transmission tends to hold on to a lower gear longer than it needs to, which makes the engine noise worse.

Drivers have commented that the Explorer has a somewhat stiff ride around town and that they can feel every ripple and crack that the SUV drives over.

The cabin's fit and finish isn’t particularly impressive either. Some of the door surfaces have different coloring, which is easy to see in direct sunlight: The black plastics around the armrest appear purple, while other panels remain black.

The roof pillars are thick, especially the one just over the driver’s shoulder. These, combined with the short side-window glass and the very small rear window, make it a challenge to see out.

The interior feels rather cheap and plasticky, like what you'd find in a Ford F-150 or Ranger pickup truck. We expect to find harder, work-level materials in a pickup, but not a family SUV. The third-row seat has lots of headroom, but it’s less roomy than the previous generation, lacks under-leg support, and has limited foot room. It’s best left for kids.

We’re pretty disappointed by these obvious flaws in such a high-priced SUV. A fully loaded Kia Telluride is priced at just under $48,000. At that price, it has luxury-level accommodations and unique, thoughtful features, such as USB outlets on the rear of the front seats. Our Explorer comes in near $50,000 but feels like it should be much closer to $30,000.

Last edited by hellb0y; 08-17-2019 at 03:44 PM.

post #24 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post

The engine has plenty of power and the transmission works well, but this pairing still has some flaws. Right off the bat, there is no mistaking that there’s just a four-cylinder engine under the hood. It’s a bit noisy, with a raspy quality that isn’t appropriate for a midsized SUV, especially one that costs $50,000. The sound gives the impression that the engine is really working hard. This, combined with the wind noise, quickly becomes tiresome.

It can be challenging to drive the Explorer in suburban settings. When starting up from a stop, such as at a traffic light or pulling into traffic from a side street, the Explorer lurches forward. That’s followed by rough shifts from first to second gear, and from second to third. Plus, the transmission tends to hold on to a lower gear longer than it needs to, which makes the engine noise worse.

Drivers have commented that the Explorer has a somewhat stiff ride around town and that they can feel every ripple and crack that the SUV drives over.

The cabin's fit and finish isn’t particularly impressive either. Some of the door surfaces have different coloring, which is easy to see in direct sunlight: The black plastics around the armrest appear purple, while other panels remain black.

The roof pillars are thick, especially the one just over the driver’s shoulder. These, combined with the short side-window glass and the very small rear window, make it a challenge to see out.

The interior feels rather cheap and plasticky, like what you'd find in a Ford F-150 or Ranger pickup truck. We expect to find harder, work-level materials in a pickup, but not a family SUV. The third-row seat has lots of headroom, but it’s less roomy than the previous generation, lacks under-leg support, and has limited foot room. It’s best left for kids.

We’re pretty disappointed by these obvious flaws in such a high-priced SUV. A fully loaded Kia Telluride is priced at just under $48,000. At that price, it has luxury-level accommodations and unique, thoughtful features, such as USB outlets on the rear of the front seats. Our Explorer comes in near $50,000 but feels like it should be much closer to $30,000.

... and you are happy with this review, HELLboy. I can imagine you having an orgasm with all these negative comments about the Explorer. You are this way, HELLboy.
BrianAAA and 70 Stang like this.

post #25 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Ford Explorer

Ignore the troll. He found a negative review on a base model and will keep posting it. I was going to post a few positive review links I have read to offset his negative, but I honestly all out of shits to give anymore. It is trolls like this that have ruined this site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:57 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post

... and you are happy with this review, HELLboy. I can imagine you having an orgasm with all these negative comments about the Explorer. You are this way, HELLboy. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
All the reviews we’ve seen so far were ‘first drives’, these are always positive and sponsored by the auto maker....

This is the first real test, and it didn’t happen because Ford provided one Explorer but because they bought one for a long term testing.

I am not happy but this review confirms my fears - the Explorer is too pricey for what it is, Ford pushed prices too high making it uncompetitive....

Let’s see if others will come to the same conclusion (once Ford decides to let car mags really test it and compare against the competition)
post #27 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:15 PM
Ford Explorer

Shut up troll. You posted the negative portion ONLY of a review, ignoring the postive remarks, and did not bother with the source. That's all you have done here. There are plenty of write-ups and video reviews, and almost entirely positive.

post #28 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:53 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Shut up troll. You posted the negative portion ONLY of a review, ignoring the postive remarks, and did not bother with the source. That's all you have done here. There are plenty of write-ups and video reviews, and almost entirely positive.
You can scream all you want little baby boy...
All first drives...no comparisons, no test data...
Samesun likes this.
post #29 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:35 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
... and you are happy with this review, HELLboy. I can imagine you having an orgasm with all these negative comments about the Explorer. You are this way, HELLboy.
Says the db that continually has trash talked the corvette for not being a corvette...a car with nearly universal praise. Chevy did a tremendous job on THEIR icon. You’re hate is transparent so go back to imagining hellboy’s orgasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Shut up troll.
Omg u hit a nerve hellboy lmfao! U give this dead forum some life. And truth. Unlike nutjob and fordlover.
post #30 of 177 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
Says the db that continually has trash talked the corvette for not being a corvette...a car with nearly universal praise. Chevy did a tremendous job on THEIR icon. You’re hate is transparent so go back to imagining hellboy’s orgasm.

Omg u hit a nerve hellboy lmfao! U give this dead forum some life. And truth. Unlike nutjob and fordlover.
I want you post some bad comments from me about the new Chevy sport midsize car. Only one. I say that the new car is not a Corvette because the Corvette is a RWD, 2 seats, front engine sport car. The new car is mid-engine car, and a completly diferent kind of vehicle.You want to call it Corvette? Ok. But it isnt. Go to GMI forum and look at the opinion of the Corvette fans. Is a bad vehicle (if you ignore the fact its design is very similar to a Ferrari) ? No! Is a good vehicle. But is not a Corvette....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page