The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:03 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
LOL, no kidding. A bar of soap is correct. And call me when any BEV can take me to Florida without the hassle of planned/delayed charging locations.
LOL. Ever the Luddite. I’m sure once the Mach E gets here, suddenly your opinion on BEVs will change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
LOL. Ever the Luddite. I’m sure once the Mach E gets here, suddenly your opinion on BEVs will change.

The informations on the Mach E sugest the car will be whatever except a “melted bar of soap”. Maybe this help to change the opinions about EVs

post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Quote:
...there is nothing attractive about the melted bar of soap look of an A-Class. And nothing is easier than my car being fully charged every morning I wake up. Better built? Maybe. But, it will depreciate faster, so the A has that going for it...
1. As has been pointed out: there is NOTHING more "melted bar of soap" than the blobs churned out by Tesla. Your point there is...odd.

2. Some of us have the ability to stop for fuel on our way home, starting the day with...gasp!...a full tank!

3. Better built, PLUS not having their values depending on what weed-fueled stupidity the CEO posts on a given day.
falcon lover likes this.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:

The informations on the Mach E sugest the car will be whatever except a “melted bar of soap”. Maybe this help to change the opinions about EVs
...yes, no doubt it will evade the laws of physics.
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:56 PM
Ford Explorer

I have said it before, and I will say it again.....regardless of who makes it, BEV's don't yet make sense for most and certainly not for me.

Can we just enjoy a thrilling product thread from Mercedes, without this typical fucking trolling. Also, a few tenths of a second is hardly enough to motivate anyone in either direction. So just stop please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Oooops....

https://www.ccn.com/tesla-cars-fire-not-good-way/

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:22 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
I have said it before, and I will say it again.....regardless of who makes it, BEV's don't yet make sense for most and certainly not for me.

Can we just enjoy a thrilling product thread from Mercedes, without this typical fucking trolling. Also, a few tenths of a second is hardly enough to motivate anyone in either direction. So just stop please.
LOL. Yeah, I’m sure you have a deep understanding of what “most” want. The only troll here is you and your constant attacks. I simply pointed out the obvious. Investments into one-off 200hp per liter motors are misplaced, see BMWs recently fired CEO. You can keep cawing about how because you can’t cope with spending 15seconds on an app planning a trip, the rest of the world is beyond it, but it won’t change where the market is headed. When the Model Y is outselling any Lincoln SUV, will you reconsider your position?
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Ford Explorer

^

Ugh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
^

Ugh.
...I take that as a no. Going to be fun watching what happens when Ford starts selling a Rivian-based Lincoln, VW MEB-
based cars, as well as their own in-house EVs, all while you’re telling everyone not to buy them because it may take 30 minutes to charge one on a once yearly trip to Florida.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Ford Explorer

duplicate
falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by wingsnut; 07-06-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page