The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,618
Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...I take that as a no. Going to be fun watching what happens when Ford starts selling a Rivian-based Lincoln, VW MEB-
based cars, as well as their own in-house EVs, all while youíre telling everyone not to buy them because it may take 30 minutes to charge one on a once yearly trip to Florida.
You are assuming I bothered to reading your trolling dribble.
Just STFU, how's that. Buy WTF you like, and leave me to my opinions please.

**********************

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wingsnut is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...I take that as a no. Going to be fun watching what happens when Ford starts selling a Rivian-based Lincoln, VW MEB-
based cars, as well as their own in-house EVs, all while you’re telling everyone not to buy them because it may take 30 minutes to charge one on a once yearly trip to Florida.
You are assuming I bothered to reading your trolling dribble.
Just STFU, how's that. Buy WTF you like, and leave me to my opinions please.
...right. You don’t want to address the fact that Ford, by their own actions, is admitting what you refuse to admit. I understand that you are an employee and therefore must remain loyal, but you don’t have to run out and bash those taking a swipe at M-B’s dumb decisions. You could have just not commented.
mooseman is online now  
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
ZanatWork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 609
Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork
Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
LOL. Yeah, Iím sure you have a deep understanding of what ďmostĒ want. The only troll here is you and your constant attacks. I simply pointed out the obvious. Investments into one-off 200hp per liter motors are misplaced, see BMWs recently fired CEO. You can keep cawing about how because you canít cope with spending 15seconds on an app planning a trip, the rest of the world is beyond it, but it wonít change where the market is headed. When the Model Y is outselling any Lincoln SUV, will you reconsider your position?
Wow, you're determined to come off as a drooling idiot.

Congrats, you've convinced me!

The market may be headed toward electrification, but sales numbers show that the ICE still holds a considerable margin and electric vehicles are still in a larval state, realistically speaking.

Trying to speak for another's personal habits...that you can't know a thing about...is choosing to act like a petulant child, the sniveling brat no one wants on their plane. The fact that you can defend Tesla styling while calling others out for "soap bar" appearances...just, wow.

You're constantly being a sad, little, b***h of a troll here. Aim higher, or go annoy another site.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
ZanatWork is offline  
 
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,618
Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...right. You donít want to address the fact that Ford, by their own actions, is admitting what you refuse to admit. I understand that you are an employee and therefore must remain loyal, but you donít have to run out and bash those taking a swipe at M-Bís dumb decisions. You could have just not commented.
WTF? I don't know what you are going on about and don't care to read any of your prior posts. If you are referring to the fact that Ford, like EVERY OTHER AUTOMAKER is adding BEV to their fleet and thus I am somehow wrong about BEV's....LOL. Oy vey, is what I have to say. What a waste of bandwidth with you.

Again, think what the **** you want, I am just tired of the same old trolling by the same folk about BEV superiority in a few metrics. You literally ruin the thread with that bull ****.

And if I missed your point entirely.........words cannot adequately describe....how little I fucking care.

Tootles

**********************

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wingsnut is online now  
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
LOL. Yeah, I’m sure you have a deep understanding of what “most” want. The only troll here is you and your constant attacks. I simply pointed out the obvious. Investments into one-off 200hp per liter motors are misplaced, see BMWs recently fired CEO. You can keep cawing about how because you can’t cope with spending 15seconds on an app planning a trip, the rest of the world is beyond it, but it won’t change where the market is headed. When the Model Y is outselling any Lincoln SUV, will you reconsider your position?
Wow, you're determined to come off as a drooling idiot.

Congrats, you've convinced me!

The market may be headed toward electrification, but sales numbers show that the ICE still holds a considerable margin and electric vehicles are still in a larval state, realistically speaking.

Trying to speak for another's personal habits...that you can't know a thing about...is choosing to act like a petulant child, the sniveling brat no one wants on their plane. The fact that you can defend Tesla styling while calling others out for "soap bar" appearances...just, wow.

You're constantly being a sad, little, b***h of a troll here. Aim higher, or go annoy another site.
...that was quite the psychological projection. I am talking about actual steps Ford has taken towards electrification. They DID invest $500m in Rivian. They are tying up with VW to gain access to MEB. They are introducing the Mach E late this year to ship 2nd half 2020. They are developing an EV platform for the F150.

They are doing all this for a reason. I don’t know why you feel so personally attacked when someone merely notes that Ford is moving quickly in that direction, which seems to contradict many people’s misguided belief that EVs are merely in the “larval stage.” Do you honestly believe that a car that generates more revenue in CA than the venerable F150 is some sort of aberration?

You’re welcome to believe whatever you want, but my simply posting my position hardly justifies your angry insults. My 13 yr old shows more emotional maturity than you just displayed.
mooseman is online now  
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,618
Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

So.....investing in a future is "moving quickly".


Here is a clue, you can't move at ANY pace, unless you invest.

Can we please shift this back to the impressive topic of a powerful I4 boosted engine, a powertrain near and dear to my heart.

**********************

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wingsnut is online now  
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
So.....investing in a future is "moving quickly".


Here is a clue, you can't move at ANY pace, unless you invest.

Can we please shift this back to the impressive topic of a powerful I4 boosted engine, a powertrain near and dear to my heart.
LOL. I made one comment you and others couldn’t leave it alone. Don’t start none, won’t be none. Deal?

Further, speaking of investing, I have a sizable investment in F because of those moves, which I’d wager is more than anyone else can say.

Last edited by mooseman; 07-06-2019 at 07:45 PM.
mooseman is online now  
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,618
Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
LOL. I made one comment you and others couldnít leave it alone. Donít start none, wonít be none. Deal?

Further, speaking of investing, I have a sizable investment in F because of those moves, which Iíd wager is more than anyone else can say.
And you are a liar too?
Had you only made the troll remark, nobody would care. You did far, far more than that. It is my opinion, and no doubt others too, that you ruined this thread. So far. I hope to keep it going. Now, kindly with sugar on top.....STFU!!!!

**********************

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wingsnut is online now  
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
LOL. I made one comment you and others couldn’t leave it alone. Don’t start none, won’t be none. Deal?

Further, speaking of investing, I have a sizable investment in F because of those moves, which I’d wager is more than anyone else can say.
And you are a liar too?
Had you only made the troll remark, nobody would care. You did far, far more than that. It is my opinion, and no doubt others too, that you ruined this thread. So far. I hope to keep it going. Now, kindly with sugar on top.....STFU!!!!
...the only people ruining this thread are you and Zan and your belligerent bellicose bullying. I haven’t insulted you once, yet you and Zan have personally attacked me instead of discussing the points I’ve broached (ad hominem).

Here, let me change my original post ever so slightly...

So slower, smaller, more expensive, and less efficient than the new Mach E. They’re sure to sell loads of them.

Still offensive? Still bound to be true, given what I read from a Ford engineer on Reddit. I truly don’t understand the white knighting on behalf of M-B simply because you hate Elon Musk for making popular cars.
mooseman is online now  
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Focus RS WRC
 
ZanatWork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 609
Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork
Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...the only people ruining this thread are you and Zan and your belligerent bellicose bullying. I havenít insulted you once, yet you and Zan have personally attacked me instead of discussing the points Iíve broached (ad hominem).

Here, let me change my original post ever so slightly...

So slower, smaller, more expensive, and less efficient than the new Mach E. Theyíre sure to sell loads of them.

Still offensive? Still bound to be true, given what I read from a Ford engineer on Reddit. I truly donít understand the white knighting on behalf of M-B simply because you hate Elon Musk for making popular cars.
Yep, you're a liar. You insist that Wings can't open an app, is a hypocrite, and so on...and that kind of passive-aggressive babble has been your M.O. previously, so it's not just here...and then whine about "attacks".

Ah, the joys of internet spinelessness; it gives trolls the tools be play the victims for the results of their own babble.

You're basically the trash poster on the site, so wear that...I dunno, proudly?

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
ZanatWork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome