The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz - Page 4 - Ford Inside News Community
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...the only people ruining this thread are you and Zan and your belligerent bellicose bullying. I haven’t insulted you once, yet you and Zan have personally attacked me instead of discussing the points I’ve broached (ad hominem).

Here, let me change my original post ever so slightly...

So slower, smaller, more expensive, and less efficient than the new Mach E. They’re sure to sell loads of them.

Still offensive? Still bound to be true, given what I read from a Ford engineer on Reddit. I truly don’t understand the white knighting on behalf of M-B simply because you hate Elon Musk for making popular cars.
Yep, you're a liar. You insist that Wings can't open an app, is a hypocrite, and so on...and that kind of passive-aggressive babble has been your M.O. previously, so it's not just here...and then whine about "attacks".

Ah, the joys of internet spinelessness; it gives trolls the tools be play the victims for the results of their own babble.

You're basically the trash poster on the site, so wear that...I dunno, proudly?
...ad hominems again. If you want the internet to be a nicer place, try being the change you want in the world. I’ve tried to steer this conversation over and over away from personal aggression, but you refuse. I hope you have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

Zan, lol, you have a majestic way with words.

Moose, my apologies for getting a bit 'old school' on you. Please feel free to post what you like, comparatively speaking. You are certainly not wrong in your remarks. But do also expect a rebuttal. All's I'm gonna say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
LOL. Yeah, I’m sure you have a deep understanding of what “most” want. The only troll here is you and your constant attacks. I simply pointed out the obvious. Investments into one-off 200hp per liter motors are misplaced, see BMWs recently fired CEO. You can keep cawing about how because you can’t cope with spending 15seconds on an app planning a trip, the rest of the world is beyond it, but it won’t change where the market is headed. When the Model Y is outselling any Lincoln SUV, will you reconsider your position?

The EV Tesla Model Y is selling better than Lincoln´s ICE SUVs?. OMG...

And apples are selling better than oranges!

post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Quote:
LOL. Yeah, I’m sure you have a deep understanding of what “most” want. The only troll here is you and your constant attacks. I simply pointed out the obvious. Investments into one-off 200hp per liter motors are misplaced, see BMWs recently fired CEO. You can keep cawing about how because you can’t cope with spending 15seconds on an app planning a trip, the rest of the world is beyond it, but it won’t change where the market is headed. When the Model Y is outselling any Lincoln SUV, will you reconsider your position?

The EV Tesla Model Y is selling better than Lincoln´s ICE SUVs?. OMG...

And apples are selling better than oranges!

[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
...there is no Model Y on sale, but no doubt when it is, Tesla will continue to outsell Lincoln by a very large margin. The luxury market is going to be more and more EV focused going forward. The Porsche Taycan is poised to be a huge success. I think the Aviator GT PHEV is also poised the be a huge success. Rivian will also sell all of their SUV and trucklet. I wish Ford had made the Mach E an Audi A7 shaped Lincoln instead of a Ford. I think they chose the wrong direction in low-balling their first foray. It could have been the Mark 9 or Mark E. Oh well, missed opportunity.
post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
...there is no Model Y on sale, but no doubt when it is, Tesla will continue to outsell Lincoln by a very large margin. The luxury market is going to be more and more EV focused going forward. The Porsche Taycan is poised to be a huge success. I think the Aviator GT PHEV is also poised the be a huge success. Rivian will also sell all of their SUV and trucklet. I wish Ford had made the Mach E an Audi A7 shaped Lincoln instead of a Ford. I think they chose the wrong direction in low-balling their first foray. It could have been the Mark 9 or Mark E. Oh well, missed opportunity.

Lincoln will have a version of the Mach E... If you are interested in buy one. When? Maybe by 2022

And americans dont want to buy sedans... even if those sedans are sleek and elegant like the Audi A7. Look at the sales of this kind of vehicle in USA and you will understand.

I agree Lincoln needs a new Mark series coupe... but I think this vehicle will be a crossover with a coupe rear end, like the Porsche Cayenne Coupe or the Mercedes-Benz GLE and GLC Coupes. Will this vehicle be electric? Of course will have some kind of electrification... PHEV or mild hybrid or, maybe, pure EV.

Why you say that Lincoln missed the oportunity? Is the world near the end? If it not, Lincoln can make this vehicle when they decide to do it, when the market conditions be ok.

post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Focus RS

Quote:
Quote:

Lincoln will have a version of the Mach E... If you are interested in buy one. When? Maybe by 2022

And americans dont want to buy sedans... even if those sedans are sleek and elegant like the Audi A7. Look at the sales of this kind of vehicle in USA and you will understand.

I agree Lincoln needs a new Mark series coupe... but I think this vehicle will be a crossover with a coupe rear end, like the Porsche Cayenne Coupe or the Mercedes-Benz GLE and GLC Coupes. Will this vehicle be electric? Of course will have some kind of electrification... PHEV or mild hybrid or, maybe, pure EV.

Why you say that Lincoln missed the oportunity? Is the world near the end? If it not, Lincoln can make this vehicle when they decide to do it, when the market conditions be ok.
You make it sound like sedan sales disappeared....but that’s not factual.

Americans are still buying sedans in droves...it’s a huge market with some winners and some losers - e.g. Toyota Camry is the second best selling vehicle from Toyota (moving over 36k units a month, to put into perspective that’s more than the 27k Escapes and 14k Explorers Ford sold...take a peak:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/us-vehi...ures-by-model/

In the luxury market, Tesla has pretty much taken the sedan market for themselves.

Last edited by hellb0y; 07-09-2019 at 11:30 AM.
post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post

Americans are still buying sedans in droves...it’s a huge market with some winners and some losers - e.g. Toyota Camry is the second best selling vehicle from Toyota (moving over 36k units a month, to put into perspective that’s more than the 27k Escapes and 14k Explorers Ford sold...take a peak:

In the luxury market, Tesla has pretty much taken the sedan market for themselves.

Ask Honda for the Accord sales.... is not in the top ten chart.... a vehicle that was in the 4th or 5th place year after year. From the top 10 best selling in USA in the first half of 2019, only 3 are sedans : Camry (6th), Civic (9th), Corolla (10th).

The sales of the sedans are disappearing... (And I don´t like it...)

post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post

Ask Honda for the Accord sales.... is not in the top ten chart.... a vehicle that was in the 4th or 5th place year after year. From the top 10 best selling in USA in the first half of 2019, only 3 are sedans : Camry (6th), Civic (9th), Corolla (10th).

The sales of the sedans are disappearing... (And I don´t like it...)
Honda has a different problem with the Accord, it’s an amazing modern sedan but it’s not priced right and they are dealing with an uphill battle against the Camry in terms of reliability - Honda’s engine issue is not helping matters here.
post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:52 PM
Ford Kuga

I feel as if calling this engine the most powerful production 4 cylinder ever should be followed by several asterisks. It is the most powerful series production 4 cylinder. The FQ440's 4B11T still remains the most powerful production 4 cylinder, and still has the specific output crown.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Ford Ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
I feel as if calling this engine the most powerful production 4 cylinder ever should be followed by several asterisks. It is the most powerful series production 4 cylinder. The FQ440's 4B11T still remains the most powerful production 4 cylinder, and still has the specific output crown.
The FQ-440 was made is such limited numbers that is really little more than a tuners special and really no different to any of the options by a host of aftermarket tuners available to numerous 4pot turbo engines all tuned to a higher specific output IMO, heck seeing as this is a ford site ford had a similar engine easy capable of 500+ bhp tuning produced in large numbers over 30 years ago.

Shame the hatch will no doubt not be for sale in the US and instead one will need to opt for the GLA45 to get around that problem, still now AMG have put down a performance marker it will be interesting to see if Audi finally turn the wick up on the 5pot for the next rs3, and if the next focus RS finally gets an appropriate amount of power this time around just in time for it not to be sold in US .
falcon lover likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page