Ford Inside News banner

The most powerfull 4-cyl engine? Look at Mercedes-Benz

13K views 68 replies 8 participants last post by  mooseman 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#15 ·
I have said it before, and I will say it again.....regardless of who makes it, BEV's don't yet make sense for most and certainly not for me.

Can we just enjoy a thrilling product thread from Mercedes, without this typical ****ing trolling. Also, a few tenths of a second is hardly enough to motivate anyone in either direction. So just stop please.

#17 ·
LOL. Yeah, I’m sure you have a deep understanding of what “most” want. The only troll here is you and your constant attacks. I simply pointed out the obvious. Investments into one-off 200hp per liter motors are misplaced, see BMWs recently fired CEO. You can keep cawing about how because you can’t cope with spending 15seconds on an app planning a trip, the rest of the world is beyond it, but it won’t change where the market is headed. When the Model Y is outselling any Lincoln SUV, will you reconsider your position?

#19 ·
...I take that as a no. Going to be fun watching what happens when Ford starts selling a Rivian-based Lincoln, VW MEB-
based cars, as well as their own in-house EVs, all while you’re telling everyone not to buy them because it may take 30 minutes to charge one on a once yearly trip to Florida.

#39 ·
I feel as if calling this engine the most powerful production 4 cylinder ever should be followed by several asterisks. It is the most powerful series production 4 cylinder. The FQ440's 4B11T still remains the most powerful production 4 cylinder, and still has the specific output crown.

#40 ·
The FQ-440 was made is such limited numbers that is really little more than a tuners special and really no different to any of the options by a host of aftermarket tuners available to numerous 4pot turbo engines all tuned to a higher specific output IMO, heck seeing as this is a ford site ford had a similar engine easy capable of 500+ bhp tuning produced in large numbers over 30 years ago.

Shame the hatch will no doubt not be for sale in the US and instead one will need to opt for the GLA45 to get around that problem, still now AMG have put down a performance marker it will be interesting to see if Audi finally turn the wick up on the 5pot for the next rs3, and if the next focus RS finally gets an appropriate amount of power this time around just in time for it not to be sold in US :(.

#48 ·
You guys are SUCH HATERS about Tesla. Makes you all seem like babies the way you act like they're offending you personally calling them names and having a lil circlejerk. Everyone is chasing their market dominance and everyone's crying about it... loudly.

Reactions: 70 Stang
#49 ·
Haters about Tesla?

I´m here!

Why? Due to Elon Musk.

Musk is a guy so arrogant, impolite, liar and and everything that should not be the director of a company, which causes that my rejection of his person extends to his company. In addition, and with sincerity, the Tesla cars seem innovative to me from the technological point of view, but of a questionable quality and a boring appearance, with an interior not in accordance with its price.

And I hope that, basically for Elon Musk, this company will go bankrupt soon.

#58 ·
... and back to real fun to drive cars (not refrigerators on wheels)... The most powerful 4 cyl engine (in a less powerful version for the Mercedes-AMG A35) versus the VW star, the Golf R. Real interesting exteriors, real good quality , real modern and interesting interiors, real good sound of the engines, real good drives maners. Real cars! Real engines! Real fun!

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/c...35-finally-push-the-vw-golf-r-off-its-throne/

#68 ·
:facepalm:

A veces es mejor no responder. Y eso hare.

More pics of the Mercedes-Benz A Class... My next car! (not with the most powerful 4 cyl engine, but with a very good one...)

Today I have a doubt about the color. But maybe is too late to change the order. Red or Silver?

Whatever... It looks very good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.