LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:10 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage
Re: Bronco pick up truck?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
Ranger doesn't have IRS.

I see your point though - they're basically the same vehicles with different top hats. One will be cheap for tradies and the masses, the other would attract the niche buyers.
I meant IFS, just brain was in neutral.
zipzoomflyfast likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:30 AM
Ford Focus ZX

I think it makes sense as well. unlike the Ranger, the Bronco (Sport Trac) will have removable doors and top like the Gladiator. Also, sell for much higher transaction prices and more profit. The Ranger will most certainly out-sell the new Bronco Truck.

Looks like Ford will have a solid truck base...

Courier (I really hope they don't use that name), but like the concept - the most truck most Americans will ever need.
Ranger
Bronco (Sport Trac type pickup) - shorter bed than crewcab ranger
F150
Super Duty
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:33 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Also, about IRS on a pickup truck. yes, it gets worse off-road articulation, tows less and has less payload. HOWEVER, in everyday driving, it is quite nice. I have a 2008 Sport Trac with Front and Rear IRS...

I use the truck mostly to help friends move, occasional Home Depot trips and for my mountain bike/camping. I simply don't need to haul a ton or tow a ton. I would rather have the smooth ride on a daily basis. here in las vegas, nearly all the pickups I see don't carry anything in the bed or hitch. Again, not saying everyone, but quite a few.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
Also, about IRS on a pickup truck. yes, it gets worse off-road articulation, tows less and has less payload. HOWEVER, in everyday driving, it is quite nice. I have a 2008 Sport Trac with Front and Rear IRS...

I use the truck mostly to help friends move, occasional Home Depot trips and for my mountain bike/camping. I simply don't need to haul a ton or tow a ton. I would rather have the smooth ride on a daily basis. here in las vegas, nearly all the pickups I see don't carry anything in the bed or hitch. Again, not saying everyone, but quite a few.
I believe there have been IRS F150 mules seen, assuming it's for the EV. Figure the Expedition and Navigator both run IRS and can tow 9000lbs so something like an EV with lower tow ratings it makes sense.
zipzoomflyfast likes this.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:50 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Arrow Re: Bronco pick up truck?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I'm not quite sure I see the point though. Both the Bronco and Bronco truck would use the next gen Ranger platform so basically you would have 2 trucks about the same size, using the same platform and powertrains (more than likely), both Fords, and both competing in the same segment. If the Bronco had solid axles it would make more sense, but all the mules have had IRS just like the Ranger.
Comon man you have to start thinking like a consumer.

The Ranger and Bronco pickup will be around the same size and on the same platform but more people will probably buy the Bronco because it looks ''more rugged'' and they will pay more for it too.
falcon lover likes this.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:36 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJKnox View Post
Quote:
I'm not quite sure I see the point though. Both the Bronco and Bronco truck would use the next gen Ranger platform so basically you would have 2 trucks about the same size, using the same platform and powertrains (more than likely), both Fords, and both competing in the same segment. If the Bronco had solid axles it would make more sense, but all the mules have had IRS just like the Ranger.

The Ranger and Bronco pickup will be around the same size and on the same platform but more people will probably buy the Bronco because it looks ''more rugged'' and they will pay more for it too.
You are describing the purpose of a Ranger Raptor...
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:39 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJKnox View Post
Quote:

...no. People buy Jeeps because they are 4 seat rugged convertibles. They are more than just SUVs. No one has touched the market. Infiniti had that awful convertible land whale suv thingy. Land Rover has that effete convertible Evoque mall-mobile. That has been it since the Bronco and early 4Runner shed their removable top roots.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:59 PM
Focus RS WRC

Five wheel studs means it's not on T6.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post

No. The Raptor is an extremely capable truck for offroad, with a powerful powerplant. The Gladiator (and the Bronco truck) is a different kind of beast: a lifestyle vehicle that the young customers use for the beach, mountains and (like the Raptor) offroad travels. A Bronco truck must have more appeal and more utility than the Raptor Ranger...

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 06:05 AM
Focus RS WRC

A Bronco pick up was not part of the original vehicle envelope / mechanical package. If indeed one exists, it will be part of a US based development and still +3 years away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page