Bronco pick up truck?! - Ford Inside News Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Bronco pick up truck?!

Is Ford preparing a Bronco pick up truck to figth the Jeep Gladiator? Is a logical decision. With the debut of the Jeep Gladiator, is clear the Ranger is not the vehicle to compete with it. The Gladiator is a "life style" vehicle, very far from the normal truck image of the Ranger, vehicle used to work or eventual use for go out of the city. The Gladiator is selling like hotcakes, at a very high price. Is a hit. Ford needs something in the same category. A Bronco pick up truck is the rigth truck for this.

This decision mean, too, that the Bronco will be a franchise, like the Land Rover Defender, with many models planned: 4-doors, 2-doors, Small model (Baby Bronco) and, now, a pick up truck. Yeah!

the link: https://www.motortrend.com/news/watc...p-truck-works/

Here a picture of a render taken from Automobile Magazine:

Logans Run and gjrip like this.

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Ford Flex

Re: Bronco pick up truck?!

I do like that rendering, but I would change a few things.

This does make sense. It is rumoured that Dodge/Ram will get a Dakota based on the Jeep Gladiator, and that it will have milder stylig.
Ranger-Dakota
Bronco Truck-Gladiator
Bronco-Wrangler

GM should consider making the GMC brand more of a Jeep competitor.
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:58 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage

I'm not quite sure I see the point though. Both the Bronco and Bronco truck would use the next gen Ranger platform so basically you would have 2 trucks about the same size, using the same platform and powertrains (more than likely), both Fords, and both competing in the same segment. If the Bronco had solid axles it would make more sense, but all the mules have had IRS just like the Ranger.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
I do like that rendering, but I would change a few things.

This does make sense. It is rumoured that Dodge/Ram will get a Dakota based on the Jeep Gladiator, and that it will have milder stylig.
Ranger-Dakota
Bronco Truck-Gladiator
Bronco-Wrangler

GM should consider making the GMC brand more of a Jeep competitor.

GMC is very confusing to me. Is a truck brand, but what kind of truck? A Denali kind of truck? Maybe a "Jeep" kind of truck brand , like you sugest, will be more in line with the customers tastes these days. Ford is going ahead with its own "Jeep" brand (Bronco). GM needs its own rugged brand, too.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I'm not quite sure I see the point though. Both the Bronco and Bronco truck would use the next gen Ranger platform so basically you would have 2 trucks about the same size, using the same platform and powertrains (more than likely), both Fords, and both competing in the same segment. If the Bronco had solid axles it would make more sense, but all the mules have had IRS just like the Ranger.

I see the point very clearly. Ford will produce in the future only trucks and SUVs/Crossovers (at least, for America). So, Ford needs variations of the theme for all sizes of their vehicles. The strategy is clear:

Escape/Baby Bronco
Aviator/Explorer
Ranger/Bronco pick up
Puma/EcoSport
Logans Run likes this.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 01:55 PM
Ford Focus ZX

If rumors are true, and it has an Explorer Sport Trac sized bed - I'm all for it! I own a 2008 Sport Trac and though the bed is small, its perfect for my lifestyle and needs...it also makes the truck not as long as the Gladiator. Build it Ford - and take my money! I'm ready for my Bronco Sport Trac.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 12:43 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Ranger doesn't have IRS.

I see your point though - they're basically the same vehicles with different top hats. One will be cheap for tradies and the masses, the other would attract the niche buyers.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:26 AM
Ford Explorer

This makes no sense, to build a Bronco pickup off of a pickup platform, just for the name..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
This makes no sense, to build a Bronco pickup off of a pickup platform, just for the name..

Is not just for the name. The Bronco truck will be similar as the Gladiator: a life style vehicle, more rugged, offroad capable, more fun to drive, more atractive for young customers. The Ranger is a formal truck designed for work and eventually times out of the city. This truck make sense to me.
Logans Run likes this.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Is not just for the name. The Bronco truck will be similar as the Gladiator: a life style vehicle, more rugged, offroad capable, more fun to drive, more atractive for young customers. The Ranger is a formal truck designed for work and eventually times out of the city. This truck make sense to me.
Utilizing the same platform for a premium product that can sell for more and attract another segment of customers...Very similar to what Ford is doing with Lincoln by giving it a new Aviator. I see a win-win situation here.
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page