2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo - Ford Inside News Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By mooseman
  • 1 Post By AM222
  • 1 Post By Logans Run
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,967
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo

This vehicle is important. First, is an icon. Is that kind of vehicle that everybody love, that a completly new version will be under everyone's scrutiny. Think of a new Mustang and have an idea of ​​what we are talking about. The other reason why it is important is because, in a way, this vehicle with history will be in a very particular niche market: that of all-terrain SUVs capable of going anywhere. There are the Defender, the Mercedes-Benz G Class, the Jeep Wrangler and, soon (soon?), The Ford Bronco. Of course, each of these vehicles in its price range, but all in the market niche of rugged iconic SUVs.


The pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1pMHeuH...ource=ig_embed



_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:17 AM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
This vehicle is important. First, is an icon. Is that kind of vehicle that everybody love, that a completly new version will be under everyone's scrutiny. Think of a new Mustang and have an idea of ​​what we are talking about. The other reason why it is important is because, in a way, this vehicle with history will be in a very particular niche market: that of all-terrain SUVs capable of going anywhere. There are the Defender, the Mercedes-Benz G Class, the Jeep Wrangler and, soon (soon?), The Ford Bronco. Of course, each of these vehicles in its price range, but all in the market niche of rugged iconic SUVs.


The pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1pMHeuH...ource=ig_embed


Looks amazing. I think the Bronco should also impress. Finally, two proper new 4WDs. Anti-Velars.
falcon lover likes this.
mooseman is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,621
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Looks amazing. I think the Bronco should also impress. Finally, two proper new 4WDs. Anti-Velars.
I'm curious to see how the 2021 Bronco with an IFS and a solid rear axle will compare to the 2020 Defender with 4-wheel independent suspension when driven off-road.


The new Defender's rear multi-link style suspension with short arms isn't exactly known for long wheel travel.

Last edited by AM222; 08-27-2019 at 04:06 PM.
AM222 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 01:59 AM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,621
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo

2020 Defender images leaked before official debut.





Quote:
What about the off-road specs? The story lists the following.

Ground clearance: 291 mm or 11.45 inches
Water fording depth: 900 mm or 35.4 inches (nearly 3 feet)
Approach, departure, and breaker angles are very respectable.

Approach angle: 38 deg
Departure angle: 40 deg
Breakover angle: 28 deg
Quote:
The South African version will have at two engine options. They are a 3.0-liter straight six gasoline engine or a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo-diesel.

3.0-liter gas I6: 394 hp and 405 lb-ft of torque

2.0-liter diesel I4: 237 hp and 317 lb-ft of torque
https://www.tflcar.com/2019/09/2020-...e-specs-video/
AM222 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,967
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo

Land Rover maintained the basic essence of the Defender in a very modern, futuristic way. I love the details of the C-pillar ... it looks like a floating piece. Very interesting.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 05:13 AM
Ford Focus
 
Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
Posts: 123
Send a message via Skype™ to Nitro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
2020 Defender images leaked before official debut.





Quote:
What about the off-road specs? The story lists the following.

Ground clearance: 291 mm or 11.45 inches
Water fording depth: 900 mm or 35.4 inches (nearly 3 feet)
Approach, departure, and breaker angles are very respectable.

Approach angle: 38 deg
Departure angle: 40 deg
Breakover angle: 28 deg
Quote:
The South African version will have at two engine options. They are a 3.0-liter straight six gasoline engine or a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo-diesel.

3.0-liter gas I6: 394 hp and 405 lb-ft of torque

2.0-liter diesel I4: 237 hp and 317 lb-ft of torque
https://www.tflcar.com/2019/09/2020-...e-specs-video/
I really like it!

Too much horse power is just enough!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nitro is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,967
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo

Revealed... Fantastic!














_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 06:45 AM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,621
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo

One of the most interesting Defenders, the base trim with 18-inch steel wheels.

-Autocar YouYube


-Autoblog
falcon lover likes this.
AM222 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:54 AM
Ford Flex
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,269
Re: 2020 Land Rover Defender, without camo

Gotta love it...but I think a version with removable doors/roof would be even better. The price is not bad!
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
Logans Run is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome