Vw id.3 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Vw id.3

The EV from VW is here. On the new electric platform, the MEB platform. The battery car have 3 ranges: basic (205 miles) , medium (261 miles) and top (342 miles).
The exterior is modern, of course, with a solid desing plenty of futuristic details, but the "cab forward" profile dont like me. And I cant understand why this design. The wheelbase is long and that is enough to have a very good interior space, so that windshield extended to the front doesn't make much sense.
About the interior, looks so cheap (well, is a cheap car, after all...) that the interior of the Faster-than-Lambo car looks good... and that is a big problem. The white panels for the screens looks cartoonished. And why that horrible pink color for the upper side of the dashboard?. VW design team are very confused (or intoxicated?) with the idea of a modern electric car.

Maybe VW will sell a lot of these cars because the price, not the exterior or interior design. The ranges are ok, too.

Iīm still waiting for the correct EV. Not the bored and badly assembled Faster-than-Lambo , not the very expensive Taycan, neither the cheap (in all its meanings) VW ID.3 . Will it be the Mustang crossover EV ?

The pics, the link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/09/he...duction-guise/

Last edited by falcon lover; 09-10-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:00 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
The EV from VW is here. On the new electric platform, the MEB platform. The battery car have 3 ranges: basic (205 miles) , medium (261 miles) and top (342 miles).
The exterior is modern, of course, with a solid desing plenty of futuristic details, but the "cab forward" profile dont like me. And I cant understand why this design. The wheelbase is long and that is enough to have a very good interior space, so that windshield extended to the front doesn't make much sense.
About the interior, looks so cheap (well, is a cheap car, after all...) that the interior of the Faster-than-Lambo car looks good... and that is a big problem. The white panels for the screens looks cartoonished. And why that horrible pink color for the upper side of the dashboard?. VW design team are very confused (or intoxicated?) with the idea of a modern electric car.

Maybe VW will sell a lot of these cars because the price, not the exterior or interior design. The ranges are ok, too.

Iīm still waiting for the correct EV. Not the bored and badly assembled Faster-than-Lambo , not the very expensive Taycan, neither the cheap (in all its meanings) VW ID.3 . Will it be the Mustang crossover EV ?
...it’s a shame you have such a big anti-Tesla bias. It just took the third spot in all sales in the U.K. last month, behind Fiesta and Focus. They score very highly in customer satisfaction, as well. I don’t recommend you test driving one, though, as it might change your mind.

Don’t get me wrong; it isn’t a perfect car by any means. I, too, would prefer something more traditional on the interior, with real firm leather, and not fake Vegan friendly bull-shite, real gauges, some buttons, but the rest of the car is so far out in front of competitors, it isn’t even funny. I’d have to spend $160k on a Taycan Porsche to get something on par with my incoming $56k Model 3 Performance. An interior isn’t worth $100k to me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
...one point to note about ranges, they won’t be close those numbers. EPA numbers would be around 160(basic)45kWh, 210-220(medium)58kWh, 270-280(long)77kWh.

The last big battery won’t be available initially. The $40k 1st Edition will have the 58, which is smaller than the Leaf Plus 62, which nets around 220 miles. And to get a 1st Edition with lane keeping and adaptive cruise control, you have to get the top of the line 1st Max, which will probably fetch $50k, still with the 58kWh battery and RWD.

For $50k, you can get a 77kWh 310mi AWD Model 3. Manufacturers are finding it very difficult to try and undercut Tesla.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Re: Vw id.3

Ugh... VW must have farmed out the interior design to Playskool.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Vw id.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...itís a shame you have such a big anti-Tesla bias. It just took the third spot in all sales in the U.K. last month, behind Fiesta and Focus. They score very highly in customer satisfaction, as well. I donít recommend you test driving one, though, as it might change your mind.

Donít get me wrong; it isnít a perfect car by any means. I, too, would prefer something more traditional on the interior, with real firm leather, and not fake Vegan friendly bull-shite, real gauges, some buttons, but the rest of the car is so far out in front of competitors, it isnít even funny. Iíd have to spend $160k on a Taycan Porsche to get something on par with my incoming $56k Model 3 Performance. An interior isnít worth $100k to me.

Did you read what I wrote?. I prefer the Faster-than-Lambo car than this cartoonished toy from VW!... Whatever, the perfect EV for me doesnt exist yet.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...it’s a shame you have such a big anti-Tesla bias. It just took the third spot in all sales in the U.K. last month, behind Fiesta and Focus. They score very highly in customer satisfaction, as well. I don’t recommend you test driving one, though, as it might change your mind.

Don’t get me wrong; it isn’t a perfect car by any means. I, too, would prefer something more traditional on the interior, with real firm leather, and not fake Vegan friendly bull-shite, real gauges, some buttons, but the rest of the car is so far out in front of competitors, it isn’t even funny. I’d have to spend $160k on a Taycan Porsche to get something on par with my incoming $56k Model 3 Performance. An interior isn’t worth $100k to me.

Did you read what I wrote?. I prefer the Faster-than-Lambo car than this cartoonished toy from VW!... Whatever, the perfect EV for me doesnt exist yet.
...you’ll be waiting a while. Maybe a real Kia ground-up Kia or Genesis. They have great styling and interiors and their EV efficiency is right up there with Tesla.

That Genesis Mint EV was pretty nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page