2019 Q2 and YTD Ford sales - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 04:05 PM
Focus RS

Re: 2019 Q2 and YTD Ford sales

With the Taurus police car gone, I've been noticing what my local police are buying lately here in St. Louis county, MO. Before it was about 50% SUVs and 50% sedans. The SUVs are between Chevy & Fords. The sedans are 65% Chevys and and 35% Ford Taurus. Now I notice it's between Chevy & Dodge charger sedans. So if Ford was thinking people would convert to Ford SUVs, from Ford sedans, They are wrong. Ford is losing sales. Our county police is converting from Taurus sedans to Dodge Chargers. Good going Ford!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 03:31 AM
Focus RS

internal rumours of soft demand for the new Explorer are starting to show up over at headquarters...additional incentives will start rolling in soon in an attempt to increase sales.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 07:44 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhogie View Post
With the Taurus police car gone, I've been noticing what my local police are buying lately here in St. Louis county, MO. Before it was about 50% SUVs and 50% sedans. The SUVs are between Chevy & Fords. The sedans are 65% Chevys and and 35% Ford Taurus. Now I notice it's between Chevy & Dodge charger sedans. So if Ford was thinking people would convert to Ford SUVs, from Ford sedans, They are wrong. Ford is losing sales. Our county police is converting from Taurus sedans to Dodge Chargers. Good going Ford!
Obviously the primary reason for Taurus police cruiser sedan decline, in your area, is the fact that Taurus is going away, and Ford has replaced it with better products for police. Low slung RWD only sedans with minimal utility and storate are being recognized more an more as not entirely useful by most law enforcement. That explains Ford's 2/3 share of the cruiser market. Ford has been leading in fact for decades, and will continue to do so with the new Explorer. Read the link below to learn more about it.

https://m.at.ford.com/en/homepage/ne...t-rated-p.html

As for retail sales taking a while to get to customers, Ford is working hard at fixing some early issues out of the gate., with major emphasis on their bread and butter product. This thing is no reskin with tweaked powertrains. Complexity ensues, when you launch on an all new platform with all new transmissions (plural), new engines, include hybrids and PHEV and of course police cruiser market for all the above as well.

=======================

Forgot about the Fusion PI, which will be around for several years. It obviously fills a niche and comes with a smaller price and footprint.

https://m.at.ford.com/en/homepage/ne...nd-f-150-.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wingsnut; 09-29-2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Additional content added

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 12:29 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
As for retail sales taking a while to get to customers, Ford is working hard at fixing some early issues out of the gate., with major emphasis on their bread and butter product. This thing is no reskin with tweaked powertrains. Complexity ensues, when you launch on an all new platform with all new transmissions (plural), new engines, include hybrids and PHEV and of course police cruiser market for all the above as well.

=======================
Must be exactly why Tesla had a hard time with the Model 3 launch hey....these new automakers...always trying to figure their stuff out - oh wait!
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 02:07 PM
Ford Explorer

Tesla 3 complexity? Give me a break. A scaled down battery and new sheet metal and reposition an ipod on the dash. Done. Where is the complexity?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellb0y View Post
I donít hate the brand, I hate the stupidity that is going on at the top...seeing failure is just proof that the man steering the ship is fucking failing bad
Dude. We've known for years that 2019 wouldn't be pretty numbers wise because it'd be the end of the year before critical redesigned products like Explorer and Escape arrive. We're still seeing them trickle into dealers, and as that gets worked out, numbers will improve. I really don't understand the complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Another one bites the dust huh.

I call BS.

See ya round.
Was this post necessary?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post

Was this post necessary?
Of course not. Most posts are not necessary. In fact, no posts are necessary, really.

You know what else is not necesary....announcing that you are leaving.
ehaase likes this.

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 11:22 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
You know what else is not necesary....announcing that you are leaving.
Hypocrite. A few years ago u announced u were leaving FIN only to return days later.

You treat ppl like garbage and u should be treated the same
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
Hypocrite. A few years ago u announced u were leaving FIN only to return days later.

You treat ppl like garbage and u should be treated the same
Oh yeah, well I think you are the greatest addition to this thread ever in history.

And for the record, I never said I did not once or twice or thrice announce I might leave. So what? As great and sweet and wonderful as you are sir, you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word hyporcrite.

You rock bro, carry on

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Ford Falcon

Dude, just stop.
wingsnut and 70 Stang like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page