Ford Electrified Vehicles Making Solid Gains
DECEMBER sales of Ford electrified vehicles were down for most models besides the C-Max Hybrid(which has had a sales increase over the past few months), however the opposite was true for the yearly sales numbers with most models being up.
- Ford Fusion Hybrid was down -14.31% at 2,372 for Dec 2013 vs 2,768 for Dec 2014, with an annual decline of -5.00% at 35,405 vs 37,270 and Ford Fusion Energi PHEV was down -0.25% at 789 vs 791, with an annual increase of 89.69%
at 11,550 vs 6,089.
Overall Fusion Hybrid sales were up 46,995 vs 43,359. Up 3,636 units for the year
with more Fusion Hybrid sales going to the Energi model.
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid was down -1.46% at 743 vs 754, with an annual increase of 34.33%
at 10,033 vs 7,469.
- Ford Focus Electric was down -66.46%(due to lack of inventory waiting for 2015 model launch) at 53 vs 158, but was able to maintain an annual increase of 13.00%
at 1,964 vs 1,738.
- Ford C-Max Hybrid has been gaining sales momentum over the past months and was up again in Dec by 8.49%
at 1,303 vs 1,201, with an annual decline of -31.70% at 19,162 vs 28,056.
- Ford C-Max Energi PHEV was down -20.31% at 659 vs 827, with an annual increase of 17.88%
at 8,433 vs 7,154.
Overall, for December Ford electrified vehicles were down -8.92% at 5,919 vs 6,499, with an annual slight decline of -1.40% at 86,547 vs 87,776. Compared with the competition(Toyota) down -8.56% for December and down -9.77% for the year.