Ford/Lincoln June 2018 Sales - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: Ford/Lincoln June 2018 Sales

I believe the Ranger will be a total hit for Ford. I also expect them to notice this and make at least 1 trim level higher than Lariat. I know, I know...if you have a Platiumn trim level or King Ranch, the price will definitely be in F150 range....but, they will prob sell a crap ton of them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-23-2018, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Anyone notice that the New Expedition is down 10.2% YTD, while sales of the Suburban up 19.9% and Tahoe up 12.3% are growing. And the GM large SUVs are each are further ahead of Expedition than with the older model. But I think Ford's plan was to get consumers to pay more for each Expedition to get more revenue per unit, but sell even less units.

New Navigator is a different story up 82.4%(9,115) YTD, but that is in contract with a previous unacceptably low take rate. Most every other large luxury suv was down but Navigator and Escalade that was up 66.7%(16,927). However, Navigator is closing in on Land Rover Range Rover (9,438) and MB GLS at 10,199. Navigator could become the #2 best selling large luxury suv by the end of year.
falcon lover and SP1966 like this.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 09:35 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
Anyone notice that the New Expedition is down 10.2% YTD, while sales of the Suburban up 19.9% and Tahoe up 12.3% are growing. And the GM large SUVs are each are further ahead of Expedition than with the older model.

Ford is selling more retail, and less to fleet. I think the idea is to get any fleet buyers to switch to Transit or Transit Connect which Ford can offer much cheaper. I think production is still limited, and shared with the Super Duty F-Series (I think). If so, they won't allocate too much more.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 09:51 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Anyone notice that the New Expedition is down 10.2% YTD, while sales of the Suburban up 19.9% and Tahoe up 12.3% are growing. And the GM large SUVs are each are further ahead of Expedition than with the older model. But I think Ford's plan was to get consumers to pay more for each Expedition to get more revenue per unit, but sell even less units.

New Navigator is a different story up 82.4%(9,115) YTD, but that is in contract with a previous unacceptably low take rate. Most every other large luxury suv was down but Navigator and Escalade that was up 66.7%(16,927). However, Navigator is closing in on Land Rover Range Rover (9,438) and MB GLS at 10,199. Navigator could become the #2 best selling large luxury suv by the end of year.

True but the Infiniti QX80 is still beating it also but not by much. Need to pass that one first before talking about the LR and GLS

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:

Ford heavily fleet dumped the last model toward the end, and cut those fleet sales early in the new model. They're just now getting back to moving above last years numbers monthly (it was up 10% for June).

The GM triplets have their own factory - obviously they'll be able to produce/sell more.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
True but the Infiniti QX80 is still beating it also but not by much. Need to pass that one first before talking about the LR and GLS
Navigator(9,115) outsold the QX90(8,942) YTD back in June. Range Rover is the next target, which Navigator should overtake in July.
hbmf3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page