China Sales Growth @ 16% 1st Q of 2007 - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon

China Sales Growth @ 16% 1st Q of 2007

New products enjoy market acceptance
  • Ford Motor Company's wholly-owned brands in China (Ford, Lincoln, Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover) posted total retail sales of 42,746 unitsin the first quarter of 2007, a 16.4 percent growth over the same period of 2006.
  • Ford brand vehicles, both imported and domestically produced, passenger and commercial purpose, grew 15.1% to 38,576 units.
  • Ford Motor's passenger car joint venture, Changan Ford Mazda Automobile Co., Ltd., reported a 40.8 percent year-on-year sales growth to reach 38,908 units.
  • Luxury brands of Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover retail sales grew 29.8% percent for the first 3 months, to 4,061 units.
  • Introduction of new products including S-MAX and the 2007 Ford Focus, and the rapid development of auto financing business strongly support the sales growth in the first quarter of 2007.
SHANGHAI, April 11, 2007 - Ford Motor Company in China has successfully maintained sales momentum in the first quarter of 2007, with 42,746 vehicles sold (under Ford, Lincoln, Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover brands) and 16.4% growth over the volume of same period in 2006, above the average growth rate of the auto industry. By combining sound business strategy, state-of-the-art technology, attractive design and excellent products together, Ford Motor China is progressing steadily towards the goal of being a top tier auto player in China.

"With the quick introduction of S-MAX into China shortly after its world debut, and the launch of the refreshed 2007 Ford Focus, Ford Motor China accelerated the tempo of introducing new and upgraded products in last quarter," said Mei-Wei Cheng, chairman and CEO of Ford Motor (China) Ltd. "The all new Ford S-MAX adds to the lineup of Ford products in China, making it more versatile and interesting. The refreshed 2007 Ford Focus extends its popularity in the China C-car segment. Both of these demonstrate Ford's determination of its Chinese prominence in near future."

For Link Click Here

Got Exclusive News or Exclusive car pictures?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or post them here with Title "Fomoconews Exclusive: .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 04:11 PM

Lincoln is sold in China? That sales growth is impressive, too bad it is not happening here too.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.R. View Post
Lincoln is sold in China? That sales growth is impressive, too bad it is not happening here too.
This is a mature market.. China is an emerging Market, though they exported more than the US this past year

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:10 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Lincoln is sold in China?
:blink: surprised me too
anyone know which Lincoln(s) is/are sold there? (only saw the Navi mentioned)
have a link to sales by model #'s?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
:blink: surprised me too
anyone know which Lincoln(s) is/are sold there?
have a link to sales #'s?
I went to ford.com and to the global sites section and then China, but it does not show Lincoln. Here is a link to the page.

http://www.ford.com/en/company/about...ific/china.htm
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 PM

How do you quote only part of the persons reply?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
How do you quote only part of the persons reply?
just delete part of it in the msg window
(hope I didn't misrepresent you by doing that)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
just delete part of it in the msg window
(hope I didn't misrepresent you by doing that)
No not at all. I see it done when member quote eachother and I kept trying to see how it is done. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
16%, 1st, 2007, china, growth, sales

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page