First Big Lincoln Navigator Ad Campaign Since 2007 Starts Next Month - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

First Big Lincoln Navigator Ad Campaign Since 2007 Starts Next Month

First Big Lincoln Navigator Ad Campaign Since 2007 Starts Next Month
Autonews

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Next month, Lincoln will kick off its first significant marketing campaign for the Lincoln Navigator since 2007, brand executives said at a press event here.

Lincoln began shipping the re-engineered 2015 Navigator to dealers earlier this month. It will begin ads after dealers are well-stocked with the new version in late October.

With full-size SUVs selling briskly, Lincoln has updated the Navigator for the first time since the 2007 model year.

Changes include:

• Lincoln has replaced the 5.0-liter V-8 engine with its own version of Ford’s 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6. For the Navigator, Lincoln calibrated the engine to burn premium fuel for power output of 380 hp and 460 pounds-feet of torque. EPA-rated fuel economy is 16 mpg city, 22 mpg highway and 18 mpg combined.

• The Navigator is getting the MyLincoln Touch infotainment system for the first time. The Navigator comes with Lincoln Drive Control, a system that adjusts the ride to match road conditions via electronic sensors.

• The hood and split-wing grille have been restyled, and the Navigator gets a power liftgate.

Read more.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: First Big Lincoln Navigator Ad Campaign Since 2007 Starts Next Month

That is some impressive torque (460) out of basically the existing 3.5L.

Can't wait to drive one.
Oh, and yeah, that is a substantial upgrade from the Expedition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Wings how much do you think it makes using regular fuel. Actually how much power do you think the Slade, qx80 etc lose when not running 93 octane???

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 02:37 AM
Focus RS WRC

Such a Sexy truck. Don't know how anyone with eyes could buy an Escalade over this.
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Such a Sexy truck. Don't know how anyone with eyes could buy an Escalade over this.
Anyone with eyes? I would def say that's going alil overboard...Especially when you consider the fact that the Slade is a far newer appliance. The Navi has MAJOR advantages over the Slade (towing, seat configuration, fold flat, IRS) but none of those things will make a buyer in this segment choose it over a All new vehicle, with this being a vehicle that dates back 04 and more or less 1997. Your opinion may be your opinion but sale/ATPs arre FACTS, let's not confuse the two
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dds010 View Post
Anyone with eyes? I would def say that's going alil overboard...Especially when you consider the fact that the Slade is a far newer appliance. The Navi has MAJOR advantages over the Slade (towing, seat configuration, fold flat, IRS) but none of those things will make a buyer in this segment choose it over a All new vehicle, with this being a vehicle that dates back 04 and more or less 1997. Your opinion may be your opinion but sale/ATPs arre FACTS, let's not confuse the two

Give it up already. It has nothing in common with any truck from 1997.
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 02:34 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dds010 View Post
I think that Lincoln has to advertise this major advantages!
and not it doesn't look like a old vehicle
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

2015 Navigator inventory now at 65, with 2014 model at over 1,700. Lincoln will need to kick production into high gear to build up enough 2015 model inventory for the new ad campaign.
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Ford Focus ZX

How many times is this going to need to be said!? The current 'gator BASICALLY DATES BACK TO 2003. You can tell because the side panels are exactly the same, in 2007 and 2015 they just changed the face and the tailgate. In 2007, they did change the interior a bit, but kept the same basic "twin cowl" design, and in 2015 they changed the interior minimally and the dash still has the same basic shape.(And obviously throughout the years they changed some tech specs and engine stuff etc). But don't take my word for it, just look up the interior and exterior pics of a 2003, 2007, and 2015 and you'll see what I'm talking about. However, I do think it was good of them to put in the ecoboost in the 2015, though, so thats good. I had heard that the old v8 was a bit sluggish.

It will be interesting to see how they advertise this beleaguered beast, which I say somewhat endearingly.

PS: If you guys are going to say this truck doesn't look outdated, I better not hear a word from you about how the new volvo xc90 looks "plain" or "slab-sided"! No double standard!

PPS(or is it PSS?): I PERSONALLY think the navi still looks okay, but I also understand that compared to its competition and most peoples point of view it seems outdated. Its fine if one personally likes it, but you're just being stupid if you think that in the real world people are actually going to favor it over the escalade. I wont deny that the gator has advantages in cargo and 3rd row seating, but lets face it, the type of people who buy these things, vain as they are, will favor gaudy looks over practicality.
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordSUVfan View Post
How many times is this going to need to be said!? The current 'gator BASICALLY DATES BACK TO 2003. You can tell because the side panels are exactly the same, in 2007 and 2015 they just changed the face and the tailgate. In 2007, they did change the interior a bit, but kept the same basic "twin cowl" design, and in 2015 they changed the interior minimally and the dash still has the same basic shape.(And obviously throughout the years they changed some tech specs and engine stuff etc). But don't take my word for it, just look up the interior and exterior pics of a 2003, 2007, and 2015 and you'll see what I'm talking about. However, I do think it was good of them to put in the ecoboost in the 2015, though, so thats good. I had heard that the old v8 was a bit sluggish.

It will be interesting to see how they advertise this beleaguered beast, which I say somewhat endearingly.

PS: If you guys are going to say this truck doesn't look outdated, I better not hear a word from you about how the new volvo xc90 looks "plain" or "slab-sided"! No double standard!

PPS(or is it PSS?): I PERSONALLY think the navi still looks okay, but I also understand that compared to its competition and most peoples point of view it seems outdated. Its fine if one personally likes it, but you're just being stupid if you think that in the real world people are actually going to favor it over the escalade. I wont deny that the gator has advantages in cargo and 3rd row seating, but lets face it, the type of people who buy these things, vain as they are, will favor gaudy looks over practicality.
Hate to be a negative nancy about this but yes the platform did change in 2003 however a lot of the exterior was a carryover

1997-2002

2003-2006

2007-2014

2015-

aside from door handles those doors look almost exactly the same look at the glass.

Interior has been an improvement I think almost every year though 2007 I feel could have been a lot better and 2015 was really just a carryover just adding leather and MLT

1997-2002

2003-2006

2007-2014

2015-

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2007, big, campaign, lincoln, month, navigator, starts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page