810Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage
Re: 2017 Continental Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
The Volvo interiors are more 'functional', hard and cold as compared with Lincoln that is more soft and worm...comfortable.

But the sales tell the real story. with the S90 barely able to move 200 units monthly. And this is after 5 months on sale. Volvo's primary sales niche was tied to safety, but Tesla took that crown away and raised the bar so high, there is no way Volvo can reach it with a big combustion engine in front of the driver.

Then there is the issue of the minimalist approach to a luxury car. The idea of paying more to get less is not working out well for Volvo, when so many luxury automaker are offer more for more.
See I love Volvo's minimalist design, it's just typical clean Scandinavian style. I think the S90 sales will pick up sales eventually, way to nice of a car. Like if I was in the market for a luxury midsize the S90 would be at the top of my list, it's got nothing on the fullsize Continental though.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
So I can add my 2 cents to the Continental.

I went back to the Lincoln dealer that I did the MKX Date Night at to check out the MKX again, and they had plenty of Continentals on hand, so I took the opportunity to take one for a test drive.

Said model was a Premier model, and I'm not sure if it really had any options. That said, even the base model is very nice inside and out. Material quality appeared excellent, and fit and finish was very good. The espresso swirl wood trim looks fantastic, and is an open pore wood, which I like. The seats....wow. This model had just the standard 10-way seats, but they were VERY comfortable. I found myself not wanting to get out of them, and would love having such a comfortable seat on my commute every day. It had the standard 3.7L V6. As with the MKX, it performed well....nothing special necessarily, but performed well and will be perfectly adequate for most buyers. I'm sure both the 2.7 and obviously the 3.0 would be much more fun. The car drove very well. The ride was smooth and composed. I didn't really get a chance to take it through any twisties, but had no reason to believe it wasn't capable in the corners.

I was also able to sit in a Reserve model inside the showroom which had the 30-way power seats, and they were very comfortable as well, and it was interesting to see how they can be articulated in so many ways....the massage function would also be very welcome on my commute.

I didn't look at every model they had, but I did not see a model equipped with the rear seat package, so I can't comment on that, but in the models I did sit, the back seats were very comfortable and there was plenty of leg room. I did see a model with the Jade interior. It was not as green as it looks in pictures. Without a reference, it almost looked tan, aside from seeing the greenish wood, I would not have known.

Overall, while I liked the Continental before, after driving it, experiencing it, seeing the interior, etc., I'm sold.......I've never been a sedan person, but it has me considering it if I were able to make it work price wise.

Oh, and the new Midnight Sapphire Blue color looks fantastic on any of the cars (I saw it on the Continental and MKZ, and I know it goes on the others for 2017).
Rmc, your comments are much appreciated. I felt the same way when I test drove a Conti for the first time. Even the base Premier with the 3.7 is a very nice car.
2b2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #203 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Ford Focus ZX

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-...001429/#survey

In fact, we think the luxury car market is ready for a vehicle that epitomizes comfort, ease and serenity – what The Lincoln Motor Company President Kumar Galhotra calls “quiet luxury.” So it is fitting that the latest version of the sedan to bear the storied Lincoln Continental name enables its driver and passengers to bathe in a sea of tranquility.
Now serene does not equal dull. This edition of the fabled Continental is undoubtedly the best-handling, quickest accelerating car to bear that name. A long stint on California’s twisty Mulholland Highway proved that to us in minutes. But with the new Continental, canyon running is not the point. There are plenty of European sedans and a few American competitors to fulfill that mission – a mission that, frankly, not many luxury-sedan drivers ever embark upon. Instead, the new Lincoln is designed to follow the proud tradition of American luxury cars to, in the words of Teddy Roosevelt, “Speak softly and carry a big stick.”
2b2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #204 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Ford Mondeo

Hey Bruce, I saw your comment about the HUD on the other forum, stating it would come in job 2. Has this been confirmed and even more important, when would that be?

maybe some other insiders have any idea about the job 2-date...

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #205 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Ford Focus ZX

The Lincoln rep I spoke with assured me that HUD and illumination of the Lincoln star in the grill were coming on job 2 models - prior to the 2018 models. He wouldn't or couldn't give me a date.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

post #206 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
The Lincoln rep I spoke with assured me that HUD and illumination of the Lincoln star in the grill were coming on job 2 models - prior to the 2018 models. He wouldn't or couldn't give me a date.
Sweet - those two features would be the icing on the cake (first time I heard about the illuminated star).

Thanks!

Current rides:
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #207 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post
Sweet - those two features would be the icing on the cake (first time I heard about the illuminated star).

Thanks!
I don't know exactly how I feel about the illuminated star thingy......
2b2 likes this.
post #208 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dds010 View Post
I don't know exactly how I feel about the illuminated star thingy......
Ha, doesn't Mercedes offer that one, too? Granted, that star looks a bit different but it certainly is something that catches your attention..

Current rides:
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #209 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Ford Focus ZX

I am not sure if it is always illuminated or if it is part of that welcome sequence that when you walk up to the car with the fob in your pocket, it lights up to greet you. The lights around the headlights do that and the Lincoln "welcome mat" is displayed along with lighting for the door handles.

post #210 of 636 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnFanFl View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelinc View Post
I am not sure if it is always illuminated or if it is part of that welcome sequence that when you walk up to the car with the fob in your pocket, it lights up to greet you. The lights around the headlights do that and the Lincoln "welcome mat" is displayed along with lighting for the door handles.
Hopefully it's part of the welcome sequence. On another note. How is the slightly bigger heavier Conti just as quick as the 3.0 mkz. The fusion sport and 3.0 MKZ are no where as near as fast as their numbers would suggest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page