post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:22 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: Lincoln: No Reveal At NIAS!

just-imho ^

I take redesign as close to reSTYLE,
re-engineer for mechanical/platform modifications

tho afaik there's nothing official(/Fordish) about these terms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Coupe is coming sooner than expected from what I've heard. In concept form first of course.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:46 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Coupe is coming sooner than expected from what I've heard. In concept form first of course.
Too bad. The coupe will be just another Lincoln that has a cheaper counterpart available in a Ford showroom. They would be better off with a 4-door luxo-sport-sedan based on the Mustang platform (If they use a Mustang platform, it's going to be sporty, right?).

Don't kill me. Just my opinion.
2b2 likes this.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:59 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
Too bad. The coupe will be just another Lincoln that has a cheaper counterpart available in a Ford showroom. They would be better off with a 4-door luxo-sport-sedan based on the Mustang platform (If they use a Mustang platform, it's going to be sporty, right?).

in fact / imho
if they don't make a sportSEDAN out of the S650 :: they should NOT BOTHER
also... believe the "coupe" IF THEY BUILD ONE needs to be a CoupeCabrio-hard'vert ...for differentiation

ps/edit - want a sportbrake TOO, prolley raised &or with adjustable ht. suspension

hbmf3 and glyphics like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 01-05-2017 at 12:05 AM.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:21 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post

Opinions aren't facts, my friend! Have some faith. I don't think they would put out something too bad after putting out something as nice as the Continental and upcoming Navigator.

Platform sharing isn't bad! CTS and ATS are nothing like the Camaro and they both ride on alpha. I expect a similar effort from Lincoln at this point, especially on something like a coupe.

wingsnut likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
YES!!! A coupe/convertible AND sedan built on a modified version of the 're-engineered' S650 platform. Lincoln NEEDS this. The Luxury of Lincoln with the Heart/Power of Mustang. Highly sculptured, beautiful, athletic bodies with excessive attention to detail. No reaching back to the past...but the Future of Lincoln.

Now there is Ford Performance, but there needs to be Lincoln Performance that offers Red Label.

Lincoln
- Black Label

Lincoln Performance
- Red Label
wingsnut, hbmf3, BluntSage and 1 others like this.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Opinions aren't facts, my friend! Have some faith. I don't think they would put out something too bad after putting out something as nice as the Continental and upcoming Navigator.

Platform sharing isn't bad! CTS and ATS are nothing like the Camaro and they both ride on alpha. I expect a similar effort from Lincoln at this point, especially on something like a coupe.

All I said was that Lincoln should have something that Ford does not have. Where did I say platform sharing was bad? Please show me.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Arrow Re: Lincoln: No Reveal At NIAS!

As far as Lincolns usage of the Mustang platform, ideally the best route would be for them to develop both an entry level sport sedan and a coupe. A sedan for volume and a coupe for pedigree/image. Of course these variants would be differentiated as much as possible as their Ford counterparts (if the Continental and Navigator are indicators they will be). Taking advantage of the Mustang platform if only for its superior driving dynamics and engineering should be one of Lincolns main priorities in the next few years.

Not to mention, the Mustang is popular in Europe and for good reason. I'd imagine that an even more refined Lincoln coupe would do just as good if not better than the Mustang and could even be Lincolns gateway into Europe. Who knows?

This chop of a Lincoln coupe a couple years back was very popular online, can anyone try one with the new design language?

2b2 likes this.

Last edited by CJKnox; 01-06-2017 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 02:12 AM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ other than that chop which I never liked, agree with everything else you posted, CJKnox

to see other chops try:
StarShadow grille chops &
STARstang: the beginning, as well as
Mission: Lincoln tho it's mainly pre-Conti
CJKnox likes this.

Last edited by 2b2; 01-06-2017 at 02:18 AM.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 04:14 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJKnox View Post
Not to mention, the Mustang is popular in Europe and for good reason. I'd imagine that an even more refined Lincoln coupe would do just as good if not better than the Mustang and could even be Lincolns gateway into Europe. Who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^ other than that chop which I never liked, agree with everything else you posted, CJKnox
We must also remember that Mustang is popular in Europe and globally because it's an icon, we can thank Steve McQueen, Carroll Shelby and its other appearances in the silver screen for this. The numerous Mustang clubs globally that were formed way before the Mustang went global is proof of this.
Lincoln on the other hand doesn't have the same brand/name recognition or desirability level as "Mustang" outside North America (besides China).

Chances are most non-car enthusiasts from outside North America would probably recall two Lincolns (if they recall any), the 60's Continental (presidential limo) and the Navigator SUV in music videos.

For me I think Lincstang would need to be a 4-door sedan or coupe-ish 4-door since this has a larger market share globally than (non-iconic) 2-door coupes, then niche models can follow when the core models gain more traction.

All I can say for now is I can't wait for some of the Continental's elegance to rub off the other Lincoln models.
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 01-06-2017 at 04:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page