Next Gen MKC? - Page 7 - Ford Inside News Community
 248Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: Next Gen MKC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Cant post a new thread, but the refreshed MKX has been spotted https://www.motor1.com/news/149767/2...estyle-caught/
Hmm, there are some Navigator details in that grille like the squarer/taller shape and LED light fixtures just below the headlamps. The headlamps also seem to follow the taller swepted-back shape of the Navigator as opposed to the thin and low shapes we have now. Should give the whole fascia a much more prominent upright SUV character...which might be at odds with the rest of the body...but we'll see.

I'm curious about the Edge update, that face needed an update the day it came out.
Bloggin likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 06-28-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Ford Focus ZX

It looks like both the 2019 MKC and MKX might be doing away with the full-width tail lights???
2b2 and Bloggin like this.
post #63 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
It looks like both the 2019 MKC and MKX might be doing away with the full-width tail lights???

I don't think they are actually redesigning these features at all, they are just covered up by vinyl camo. They are not critical cosmetic features, they don't need to be exposed for testing. Like the MKZ I think the updates are centered entirely around the front-end.

post #64 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 06:52 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Cant post a new thread, but the refreshed MKX has been spotted https://www.motor1.com/news/149767/2...estyle-caught/
only mods can start threads in the NEWS sections - - I'll start one now for confusion-sake
( & the glory of the goddess of discord: ERIS ) @badhac
if you tried in the Lincoln DISCUSSION section and could not then post HERE for administrator help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-28-2017 at 07:07 PM.
post #65 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Ford Explorer

OK, so I have seen the upgraded MKX several times now as well as the MKC, and I have to say, I am getting used to them. I was critical at first of the MKX, mostly because I really like the X front end. Personally, I was not a fan of the C front end, so this is an improvement imo. Verdict is still out for me on the X, but it is growing on me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #66 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 08:49 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
OK, so I have seen the upgraded MKX several times now as well as the MKC, and I have to say, I am getting used to them. I was critical at first of the MKX, mostly because I really like the X front end. Personally, I was not a fan of the C front end, so this is an improvement imo. Verdict is still out for me on the X, but it is growing on me.
Are we on the right track with the headlights being a Navigator-esque arrangement - with a normal headlight up top and separated turn signal in the bumper?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #67 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 09:00 PM
Ford Kuga

I know this is ridiculous but the shape of the fascia camo makes it look a little like the last-gen GMC Acadia front with the prominent square mesh grille and the stacked headlights that sweep up into the hood.

Last edited by Assimilator; 06-28-2017 at 09:04 PM.
post #68 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Ford Falcon

The headlights are no higher than the current model. Look at the character line in the quarter panel to compare their location.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #69 of 314 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 09:19 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
The headlights are no higher than the current model. Look at the character line in the quarter panel to compare their location.
I think you're right, the fender shape is probably the same but the hood and fascia have been reshaped. Instead of a horizontal plane across the top we have an up-swept design that flows to the lower and large floating grille. So it creates a similar effect by pulling the lines out from the grille and flowing up into the hood and fenders. Most of the time I like that look but Lincoln's grille is just really oversized and flat which isn't a great combo with that overhang since it brings so much visual weight forward by extending the hood and squaring off the corners. I know they are trying to emulate the Navigator and some of the more upscale European designs, it also brings it a bit closer to stubbier SUV look of the popular XT5. I think it will work with the existing MKX body and it seems to be something of a progression of the look instead of a copy/paste. MKX usually gets the best version any Lincoln fascia so we'll see. If I like this fascia it will be the first version of the grille I actually like.

Last edited by Assimilator; 06-28-2017 at 09:33 PM.
post #70 of 314 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Focus RS WRC

Are we thinking an LA reveal? For this and the MKX or separate reveals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page