2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 113Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:06 AM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,597
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

I can't tell if the rear bumper is different or not. The bottom doesn't look different, but the character line/crease that sits above the lower reflectors looks as if it runs more horizontal rather than sweeping upward toward the taillight in the current model.
falcon lover likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

400hp 3.0T + torque-vectoring 9speed is expectible
but
imho-harder-to-figure is WHAT ELSE for entry-level...( hybrid? if-not-PIH? )...
...I checked & 2018my has 3.7 & 2.7T both in Fwd or Awd

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-29-2017 at 12:13 AM.
2b2 is offline  
post #13 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:35 AM
Ford Kuga
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,812
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
400hp 3.0T + torque-vectoring 9speed is expectible
but
imho-harder-to-figure is WHAT ELSE for entry-level...( hybrid? if-not-PIH? )...
...I checked & 2018my has 3.7 & 2.7T both in Fwd or Awd
I doubt Ford is making a Lincoln exclusive transmission since they redesigned it to make it "better". Using the 9-speed in a Lincoln is an admission that it's not and the optics would make Ford look bad and Chevy good.
SP1966 likes this.
Assimilator is offline  
 
post #14 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Ford Mondeo
 
badhac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Newport News VA
Posts: 1,121
Garage
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Anyway, enough about grilles, lets talk powertrains.
2.7L will be no more, and 400hp 3.0L will soon be top shelf engine. Which transmission is available at launch? I hope the 8 speed. Nice.....
I think they should still offer the 2.7, basically just mirror the Continental's engine lineup. Although I've been wondering if the 3.7 V6 may be on it's way out, possibly replaced by 3.5 based off the new 3.3 used in the F-150. Either way the new transmission should be there.
badhac is offline  
post #15 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

^ TY, Badhac
my head's not 'registering' that 3.3 yet. It + the 3.0T sound pretty good to me
...tho still want something electrifried...soonish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I doubt Ford is making a Lincoln exclusive transmission since they redesigned it to make it "better". Using the 9-speed in a Lincoln is an admission that it's not and the optics would make Ford look bad and Chevy good.
I have the impression that
- the 9-speed is mechanically ready,
- just the controls/'tuning'/software which is Fomoco-specific is different
from GM
- who ^ is planning on charging a Lot for it on a Few models'-toptrims
- what Fomoco is working-on 'exclusively' (as a price-breaker) is the 8-speed

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-29-2017 at 10:56 AM.
2b2 is offline  
post #16 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Ford Explorer
 
Andrew L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 5,921
Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

So... I've been thinking (which is never good) and I am wondering now if the C and X will debut side by side possibly at LA?
If they knock those 2 out then the lineup will FINALLY be uniform with grilles. (MKT doesn't count for obvious reason)
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Andrew L is offline  
post #17 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,597
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
So... I've been thinking (which is never good) and I am wondering now if the C and X will debut side by side possibly at LA?
If they knock those 2 out then the lineup will FINALLY be uniform with grilles. (MKT doesn't count for obvious reason)
I don't think it's a crazy proposition. Though I think it could depend on whether they have a concept they want to surprise everyone with.

If there's a concept to come, it'd be possible to see MKC/MKX at the same show, with the concept at a third, larger show.

Otherwise, I think it could be like MKZ/Conti where they're shown at different shows.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
post #18 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,994
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
I can't tell if the rear bumper is different or not. The bottom doesn't look different, but the character line/crease that sits above the lower reflectors looks as if it runs more horizontal rather than sweeping upward toward the taillight in the current model.

You are right. The rear bumper is different, with the hard line horizontal in place of the current upward crease. The lights are different,too.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #19 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,597
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
You are right. The rear bumper is different, with the hard line horizontal in place of the current upward crease. The lights are different,too.
I'm not seeing different lights in there.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
post #20 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:47 AM
Ford Explorer
 
Andrew L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 5,921
Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
I don't think it's a crazy proposition. Though I think it could depend on whether they have a concept they want to surprise everyone with.

If there's a concept to come, it'd be possible to see MKC/MKX at the same show, with the concept at a third, larger show.

Otherwise, I think it could be like MKZ/Conti where they're shown at different shows.
Well if that's the case then the big concept would probably be saved for NAIAS which could make MKC/MKX at LA.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Andrew L is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome