2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 10:57 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Well if that's the case then the big concept would probably be saved for NAIAS which could make MKC/MKX at LA.
Just to be clear, I don't know of any concept being shown, that's my own speculation. A few months ago, I'd have said we'd see a next-gen MKZ (or whatever they call it) or Aviator concept, but it sounds like CD6 may be further off than we thought, and I'm not sure you'd want to launch a concept so far off from a production version.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Just to be clear, I don't know of any concept being shown, that's my own speculation. A few months ago, I'd have said we'd see a next-gen MKZ (or whatever they call it) or Aviator concept, but it sounds like CD6 may be further off than we thought, and I'm not sure you'd want to launch a concept so far off from a production version.
I get what you're saying just want it to fit my delusions!

That being said though the initial timeline was 2019 for the new MKZ/Zephyr/New Name right?

If that is still on course and the rumors of CD6 being delayed are false then we would see a new concept in Detroit or NY and then they can beat it to death for a year till the production one is ready.

Now if the rumors are true then god only knows what will happen with Lincoln's lineup. They would probably have to refresh the Z again to add the 9/8 speed if it will fit... can't see why it wouldn't but stranger things have happened. I did some looking around at other luxury brands and Lincoln really is behind by only having 6 speeds across the lineup minus the Navigator. Only the RLX in FWD offers a 6 speed and in AWD has a 7 speed. Continental needs the updated transmission too, to stay competitive.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #23 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:23 AM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
You are right. The rear bumper is different, with the hard line horizontal in place of the current upward crease. The lights are different,too.
It looks like the rear lights may be going more straight line horizontal(less curved at the top) like on the Continental Concept. A thinner more elegant and modern overall shape. Which would go nicely with what I think will be two rows of thinner headlights and daytime running lights/turn signals.

post #24 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
It looks like the rear lights may be going more straight line horizontal(less curved at the top) like on the Continental Concept. A thinner more elegant and modern overall shape. Which would go nicely with what I think will be two rows of thinner headlights and daytime running lights/turn signals.

Such a redesign would mean making a completely new quarter panel, which doesn't seem to be the case looking at it in these pictures.

I think they're the same taillights, with maybe some updated graphics within them (but even that, I doubt).

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #25 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Ford Kuga

There is a tweak to the corner lines in the rear bumper which seems to be done to match the redesign up front which loses a similar character line from the last design. The lower fascia is otherwise unchanged, the MKC update has a similar scenario, they retain the lower front fascia trim even if the design above it has been changed, probably saves a couple million in re-engineering the sensors and fixtures.

Bloggin likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 06-29-2017 at 12:41 PM.
post #26 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
I did some looking around at other luxury brands and Lincoln really is behind by only having 6 speeds across the lineup minus the Navigator. Only the RLX in FWD offers a 6 speed and in AWD has a 7 speed. Continental needs the updated transmission too, to stay competitive.
I don't know...do u really think the number of speeds in a transmission sways a potential buyer? As long as the car drives well, I seriously doubt many customers would care. And I've not read/watched any reviews that cast a seriously negative spin at continentals transmission.
SP1966 likes this.
post #27 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
I don't know...do u really think the number of speeds in a transmission sways a potential buyer? As long as the car drives well, I seriously doubt many customers would care. And I've not read/watched any reviews that cast a seriously negative spin at continentals transmission.
Agreed! They would benefit from slightly better efficiency/performance which is always good but I highly doubt Lincoln is losing any measurable sales due to being a couple gears short.
Samesun likes this.
post #28 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 08:28 PM
Ford Kuga

Lincoln is a mixed bag on tech, it's certainly not an innovator but it's not missing much for the price. They've also done a good job smoothing out the 6-speed, this MKX is the first time I've ever liked this transmission so they finally sat down and did something about it. But they smoothed out the transmission by retarding the power as it shifts gears so much of the engine performance is actually being lost through that push/pull of the confined transmission tuning. A more modern transmission should solve much of this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 06-29-2017 at 08:35 PM.
post #29 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I think they should still offer the 2.7, basically just mirror the Continental's engine lineup. Although I've been wondering if the 3.7 V6 may be on it's way out, possibly replaced by 3.5 based off the new 3.3 used in the F-150. Either way the new transmission should be there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^ TY, Badhac
my head's not 'registering' that 3.3 yet. It + the 3.0T sound pretty good to me
...tho still want something electrifried...soonish

I have the impression that
- the 9-speed is mechanically ready,
- just the controls/'tuning'/software which is Fomoco-specific is different
from GM
- who ^ is planning on charging a Lot for it on a Few models'-toptrims
- what Fomoco is working-on 'exclusively' (as a price-breaker) is the 8-speed
while NOT finding pix of the F-150's "NavyPier" interior found the engines:
- All-new 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 – 290 HP/265 lb.-ft./rpm * Std

- 2.7L EcoBoost® - 325 HP/400 lb.-ft./rpm
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 - 395 HP/400 lb.-ft./rpm
- 3.5L EcoBoost - 375 HP/470 lb.-ft./rpm
- High-output 3.5L EcoBoost - 450 HP/510 lb.-ft./rpm ** on F-150 Raptor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-29-2017 at 08:48 PM.
post #30 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Focus RS WRC

Interested to see how this turns out. I do think it should adopt the 3.0L. I also think that going forward Lincoln should do the E-Latch on all of their cars--at least on the interior. I wonder if they will do a more drastic change with the interior and make it look more like the Navigator with the tablet style infotainment screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page