113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Cant post a new thread, but the refreshed MKX has been spotted https://www.motor1.com/news/149767/2...estyle-caught/
2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle Caught Showing...
Motor1
- Christopher Smith - Jun 28, 2017

Having been thoroughly updated for 2016, Lincoln isnít letting any grass grow with its MKX luxury crossover. These are the first spy shots of what will likely be the 2019 MKX, and though it wears heavy camouflage on the front, we can see the redesign will ditch the current two-piece grille for a single affair similar to the new Continental. It also appears the manufacturer is going with a two-tier lighting arrangement up front, not unlike what weíve seen on the Jeep Cherokee and the new Hyundai Kona.

The rest of the prototype suggests few other exterior changes, save for something in the works with the tail lights. Interior updates are likely to be similarly subtle, with Black Label editions almost a certainty. Power wise, the new MKX should continue with its EcoBoost V6 engine options though a new four-cylinder choice isnít out of the question.

Whatever lurks beneath the hood, it will turn either the front wheels or all four, and General Motors might even step in with a jointly developed nine-speed automatic transmission replacing the current six-speed gearbox.

Lincoln would love to step up its presence in the luxury crossover segment. Though MKX sales have bumped up ever-so-slightly thus far through 2017 it still trails far behind the Cadillac XT5, not to mention German competition from BMW and Audi, the latter of which continues to enjoy record sales while other manufacturers are struggling. As crossover sales continue to expand, the segment is quickly becoming a key battleground area for manufacturers looking to stake a claim and Lincoln badly needs a win if it wants to remain competitive.

Lincoln will likely unveil the updated MKX later this year, or possibly in 2018 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Source: Automedia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: 2019 Lincoln MKX Restyle

from the MKC thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
Hmm, there are some Navigator details in that grille like the squarer/taller shape and LED light fixtures just below the headlamps. The headlamps also seem to follow the taller swepted-back shape of the Navigator as opposed to the thin and low shapes we have now. Should give the whole fascia a much more prominent upright SUV character...which might be at odds with the rest of the body...but we'll see.

I'm curious about the Edge update, that face needed an update the day it came out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzoomflyfast View Post
It looks like both the 2019 MKC and MKX might be doing away with the full-width tail lights???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
I don't think they are actually redesigning these features at all, they are just covered up by vinyl camo. They are not critical cosmetic features, they don't need to be exposed for testing. Like the MKZ I think the updates are centered entirely around the front-end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
OK, so I have seen the upgraded MKX several times now as well as the MKC, and I have to say, I am getting used to them. I was critical at first of the MKX, mostly because I really like the X front end. Personally, I was not a fan of the C front end, so this is an improvement imo. Verdict is still out for me on the X, but it is growing on me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

think this is my fave angle for showing-off the (improved) shape given by the "nacelle" grille

edit
wondering about having a *suggestion* of a classic-hump, just outlined by TLs,
the center part could be just reflective
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X19-spy-photo-711x400.jpg (53.7 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by 2b2; 06-28-2017 at 07:31 PM.

post #4 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 07:56 PM
FIN Staff Member

It looks like the rear lights may have a thinner design to match the thinner front headlight design.
scford58 likes this.
post #5 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Ford Kuga

One of the things that I find encouraging about the back is that unless they've filled everything in with camo padding, it looks like they have filled in the lift-gate so it has a more wrap-around design which would be a huge improvement over the conflicting surface it has now. If they fix that design gripe and remove the acre of red plastic on on the rear fenders, I might be able to feel better about the business up front which I suspect I won't love. The MKX has had many ugly fascias however when you look back at it, my least favorite is still the 2011, but I have to admit they didn't look that ugly at the time. At least they keep iterating.
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 06-28-2017 at 08:06 PM.
post #6 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post

It looks like the rear lights may have a thinner design to match the thinner front headlight design.
The parts I CAN see actually look like the current hardware (same with the MKC prototypes).
FordSUVfan likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 06-28-2017 at 08:09 PM.
post #7 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 08:54 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post

You can see the existing taillights behind the camo.

And everything else looks to be the same below the lights.

I agree with those that said this will be like MKZ where the vast majority of the change is up front.

---

One thing I would like to see is for the outer running light ring become the brake light, with an amber turn signal in the center clear part, rather than the current setup of the brake light in the center.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #8 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Ford Explorer

Anyway, enough about grilles, lets talk powertrains.
2.7L will be no more, and 400hp 3.0L will soon be top shelf engine. Which transmission is available at launch? I hope the 8 speed. Nice.....

post #9 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 10:33 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Anyway, enough about grilles, lets talk powertrains.
2.7L will be no more, and 400hp 3.0L will soon be top shelf engine. Which transmission is available at launch? I hope the 8 speed. Nice.....
I'll go out on a very sturdy limb and suggest it'll be paired with the torque vectoring AWD! Love it!
post #10 of 152 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Ford Kuga

The drivetrain upgrades will certainly make up for any design quibbles. The drivetrain, black label, and option upgrades will also help to get MKX to $70K at the top-end. I assume the Continental's expensive HUD upgrade will make it here as well.
scford58 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page