First 2018 Navigator Reviews - Page 21 - Ford Inside News Community
 213Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 209 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,565
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Pretty sure that price increase is almost entirely due to it being hand built with huge upgrades in material and craftsmanship, not the fact it has fewer doors and seats. But yeah, I would be curious how the proportions would look, which would also come at great engineering cost. I doubt the ROI would be justified, more of a one-up effect over the competition
Ok, but my point was they're charging vastly more for something you get less of, which was your argument against an executive Navi. I'm not arguing for a 300k pricepoint. Just have it with a Black Label interior only and upcharge 5-10K for it.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #202 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Focus RS WRC
 
Nihar Mazumdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 742
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

Although not much to do with the new Navigator, I found it intriguing that they used a Lincoln Navigator (2nd Gen) for the "Texting and Driving" demo in this episode of Canada's Worst Driver. I just recently found this video.

16:00 - 19:00

Nihar Mazumdar is offline  
post #203 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 11:54 AM
Ford Focus
 
hbmf3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 160
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

This past August 2018, R&T published an article entitled: What Is the Future of Luxury?
Luxury buyers have always been spoiled, but now they're spoiled for choice: Old-world sedans, newcomers, and SUVs alike. To discern the future of luxury, one must indulge. The article begins,

"WHEN IT COMES TO LUXURY CARS, we are all Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart. In determining whether Louis Malle’s film Les Amants was legally obscene, he gave us an expression for the ages: “I shall not today attempt further to define [pornography]. ...But I know it when I see it.”The same holds true for the idea of a luxury car: The concept seems obvious, but the details can be hard to pin down."

It is a thoughtful article, because the author selects three models, an American, an Asian and a European, which epitomizes luxury from each vehicle's cultural origins. The models selected are the Lincoln Navigator Black Label, the Lexus LS 500 and the Mercedes Benz S63 Sedan. The article notes that this is not a "head to head comparison," however it is insightful because the global buyer's idea of the ideal conveyance of luxury seems to be changing. Enclosed is a link to the article. Please enjoy.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ure-of-luxury/
falcon lover likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hbmf3 is offline  
 
post #204 of 209 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,918
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmf3 View Post
This past August 2018, R&T published an article entitled: What Is the Future of Luxury?
Luxury buyers have always been spoiled, but now they're spoiled for choice: Old-world sedans, newcomers, and SUVs alike. To discern the future of luxury, one must indulge. The article begins,

"WHEN IT COMES TO LUXURY CARS, we are all Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart. In determining whether Louis Malle’s film Les Amants was legally obscene, he gave us an expression for the ages: “I shall not today attempt further to define [pornography]. ...But I know it when I see it.”The same holds true for the idea of a luxury car: The concept seems obvious, but the details can be hard to pin down."i

It is a thoughtful article, because the author selects three models, an American, an Asian and a European, which epitomizes luxury from each vehicle's cultural origins. The models selected are the Lincoln Navigator Black Label, the Lexus LS 500 and the Mercedes Benz S63 Sedan. The article notes that this is not a "head to head comparison," however it is insightful because the global buyer's idea of the ideal conveyance of luxury seems to be changing. Enclosed is a link to the article. Please enjoy.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ure-of-luxury/
A Lincoln Navigator seemed at the same level as a Lexus LS and a Mercedes-Benz S.? Not bad, at all , for a moribund brand! Imagine if Lincoln take the new RWD platform and make a big luxury sedan in the same way they did the best big luxury SUV ever, the Navigator?
hbmf3 and glyphics like this.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #205 of 209 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,918
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

Trump´s Navigator?


What do you know about this Navigator Presidential? Is a new version, a new trim?


I suspect is a 100K plus $ version... but what it has the other Navigators don´t have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2759.jpg (270.2 KB, 14 views)

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #206 of 209 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 08:14 AM
Ford Focus
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 104
He couldnt get the black label...lol.
dcorbett is offline  
post #207 of 209 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,565
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Trump´s Navigator?


What do you know about this Navigator Presidential? Is a new version, a new trim?


I suspect is a 100K plus $ version... but what it has the other Navigators don´t have?
I believe they call Black Label models "Presidential" in China. I can't seem to find anything on it now, but I recall reading something to that effect.
falcon lover likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior

Last edited by rmc523; 12-07-2018 at 10:26 AM.
rmc523 is online now  
post #208 of 209 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:37 AM
News Guru
 
joseodiaga4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lima, Peru
Posts: 6,466
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
I believe they call Black Label models "Presidential" in China. I can't seem to find anything on it now, but I recall reading something to that effect.
Yes, they call black label models ”presidential” in China
falcon lover likes this.
joseodiaga4 is offline  
post #209 of 209 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,565
Re: First 2018 Navigator Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseodiaga4 View Post
Yes, they call black label models ”presidential” in China
So basically it doesn't mean much seeing it here.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome