129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 09:15 AM
Ford Mondeo

Garage
Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Two tone Aviator! What a good idea! I love two tone vehicles. If you do it with good taste, the results could be wonderful. Look at this, Lincoln...
Im not a fan of two tone paint schemes, but that works very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Ford Falcon

I think a vehicle has to be designed with two tone in mind for it to work.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #103 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 11:32 PM
Ford Kuga

Quite pleased with the Aviator aside from it not immediately evoking RWD proportions from some angles, and viewpoints.
gjrip likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #104 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 01:01 AM
Ford Ka

Only thing I don't like is the black plastic bumpers and side skirts on reserve trim. I understand the need for cost cutting but it really frustrates me when I figured Lincoln doesn't offer an upgrade for the volume trim that paints the bumpers in the same color as body.
post #105 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 02:21 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglincolnfan View Post
Only thing I don't like is the black plastic bumpers and side skirts on reserve trim. I understand the need for cost cutting but it really frustrates me when I figured Lincoln doesn't offer an upgrade for the volume trim that paints the bumpers in the same color as body.

All basic cars of all brands have small flaws that make high-end versions desirable.

Making cars is a business...

post #106 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:12 AM
Ford Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglincolnfan View Post
With the exemption of the X7, all BMW X-series standard models come like that (including the new X5). I guess that's how it is these days...

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #107 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

So I went with my dad to Detroit! Took the drive from Philly this past weekend (Thurs-Sunday)

Very successful venture overall! We had a great time as usual! I have lots of photos that I'll put in an album for you guys, but the Aviator was incredible in person. It was directly next to Cadillac's XT6 reveal and it put the XT6 to shame, visually, and buzz-wise. Lincoln stand was packed and had both a BL Navi to sit in and the Continental Coach-door. Overall the show was great. Germans weren't there (except VW; side note - love the new Tiguan) but tbh they always have so many cars locked that I don't really feel like we missed much. Lincoln was shining. Truly.

Hopping into the Escalade after being in a BL Navigator was borderline shocking. Caddy needs to get that new model out. LOVE the CT6-V and I'm sad that car is getting cancelled. But even then, Lincoln raised the bar with having the coach door present. Even if it's a limited run (and sold out!), the presence was huge for public perception.

MKC and MKZ are clearly more "Old Lincoln" than the rest of the lineup, but with 2 Navi's, 2 Continentals, 1 Nautilus (Unlocked. Feels good. New fascia really steps up the whole vibe.), and of course the star, the Aviator, the stand handily outshined Infiniti, Genesis, or really kind of anyone there except Alfa Romeo (and maybe Lexus if you're into Lexus), but they only have 3 models. The 4C is a timeless design. Love Alfa. Really want to lease a Giulia some day.

As far as the city is concerned, I'm continually impressed by Detroit's ability to improve our experience visiting year by year. The city is bouncing back and they're not wasting much time in the grand scheme of things. Love investing in the local shops and bars and such as a tourist. Love being a part of the comeback. Now that I'm an aerospace engineer living alone and making a salary, I'm thinking of some property investment. Detroit has a bright future.

Had a bitchin' time and I'm looking forward to a summer visit next year for NAIAS 2020. Hopefully by then we have a new MKC/Corsair and maybe a new concept and lack of MKZ.

I'll put together a better write-up and include my thoughts on the Ford section. It was totally killer. 10/10, thanks Detroit!

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #108 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 01:25 PM
Ford Focus ZX

CT6 isn't getting canceled after all. They're just moving production. Unfortunately, the CT6-V is also limited run and all 250 are already sold.
gjrip likes this.
post #109 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 10:28 AM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
CT6 isn't getting canceled after all. They're just moving production. Unfortunately, the CT6-V is also limited run and all 250 are already sold.
Oh wow I missed that news! What great news. The CT6 is my favorite in their lineup by far.

-

Also - Caddy did a great job on the XT4. It's the perfect size and a good price to capture a lot of business. Felt on the cheap side on the inside but honestly at its price point I don't really see a problem with that. I was impressed. Definitely my 2nd choice in its segment, behind only the new Q3.

Sorry I'm just realizing I'm getting off topic. I'll post some stuff in the NAIAS thread later today.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead

Last edited by gjrip; 01-31-2019 at 10:31 AM.
post #110 of 151 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:11 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Oh wow I missed that news! What great news. The CT6 is my favorite in their lineup by far.

-

Also - Caddy did a great job on the XT4. It's the perfect size and a good price to capture a lot of business. Felt on the cheap side on the inside but honestly at its price point I don't really see a problem with that. I was impressed. Definitely my 2nd choice in its segment, behind only the new Q3.

Sorry I'm just realizing I'm getting off topic. I'll post some stuff in the NAIAS thread later today.
Audi has always been known for their understated elegance, in this case I think the Cadillac beats them at their own game, at least in terms of exterior design. I hope the Corsair improves in terms of both style, and space utilization as the MKC falls well short in both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page