2020 Lincoln Aviator - Page 12 - Ford Inside News Community
 129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 154 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:04 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
CT6 isn't getting canceled after all. They're just moving production. Unfortunately, the CT6-V is also limited run and all 250 are already sold.
I predict they'll import it from China, which is what seems to make the most sense. But it will ultimately fail, and it will be pulled from the US market in short time.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:39 PM
Focus RS WRC

Lincoln Aviator in real world lighting
post #113 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 06:04 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

The more I see this car, the more I like it. Is beautiful. Really beautiful. So much fine details. Lincoln, in a short time, will be the new "standard of the world".

And I have a question: Why the Explorerīs dashboard is so ugly and the Aviatorīs dashboard so beautiful, if both are on the same architecture?

post #114 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Focus RS WRC

I think people are over exaggerating. The large infotainment screen on the top trim could have been executed far better than it was. It should've been more like Ram's, or a large horizontal screen like an S Class.
post #115 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via MSN to ZanatWork

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Oh wow I missed that news! What great news. The CT6 is my favorite in their lineup by far.

-

Also - Caddy did a great job on the XT4. It's the perfect size and a good price to capture a lot of business. Felt on the cheap side on the inside but honestly at its price point I don't really see a problem with that. I was impressed. Definitely my 2nd choice in its segment, behind only the new Q3.

Sorry I'm just realizing I'm getting off topic. I'll post some stuff in the NAIAS thread later today.
Sorry, but those light pods on the Caddy look like either drool or snot running down its face. The stylist(s) responsible should be fired.
itsmebc likes this.

If GM can justify Buick, and if Honda can justify Acura, we can damned well have Mercury back.
post #116 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanatWork View Post
Sorry, but those light pods on the Caddy look like either drool or snot running down its face. The stylist(s) responsible should be fired.

The Cadillacís stylist that made the XT4 with those ridiculous front light maybe work for Peugeot in his free time
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 00D34B9B-1606-45F8-8FB0-3157FE87C247.jpeg (64.3 KB, 8 views)
ZanatWork likes this.

post #117 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Focus RS WRC

I was at the dealership picking up my F-Type from its service and they had a great looking Velar there; sticker was $72k. To me this just further drives him how great of a value the Aviator is in comparison. This Velar had the I4 which makes roughly 300hp; insane to pay that price for it. I would like to see Lincoln make something along the lines of the Velar, though. Canít wait to pick up my Aviator though, hopefully it is in by June.
badhac likes this.
post #118 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Ford Focus ZX

A home run for sure. The only criticism I have is the gray cladding. I'd love to see the pieces done in body color - at least as an option. It's such a small thing that makes such a big difference.
Bellanca4.2 and badhac like this.

Rod

2017 MKX 2.7T Black Label
2017 GLC300
2016 GTI
post #119 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Focus RS WRC

Thankfully the Black Label minimizes that.
HotRod likes this.
post #120 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 06:09 PM
Focus RS WRC

Does the Ford Explorer run the risk of cannibalizing sales from the Lincoln Aviator? Is Ford painting themselves in a corner as far as pricing and features are concerned?

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/15/...ing-announced/

Ford took several giant leaps ahead in every department with the 2020 Explorer. We're impressed with the spec sheet, and are looking forward to feeling the improvement behind the wheel, but we have some numbers to throw around beforehand. Ford sent us a breakdown with pricing for each trim level, and the figures have predictably gone up compared to the 2019 vehicle.

The smallest increase arrives for the base Explorer, which is scheduled to start at $33,860 ($400 more) including a $1,095 destination charge. As soon as we start climbing into higher content trims, the Explorer becomes considerably more expensive. The middling XLT model will be $37,700, $2,275 more than the 2019 model year. A Limited will set you back $49,225, and this one is still only equipped with the 2.3-liter turbocharged engine. The Hybrid is only available on the Limited, and you'll have to pay a $3,555 premium for the different powertrain. This means the base price of the Explorer Hybrid sits at $52,780. A 5,000-pound towing rating is also confirmed for the Hybrid.

Those interested in an ST will be paying a whopping $55,835 for that high-powered 3.0-liter twin-turbo motor. Learned buyers will see that this price is higher than the new Lincoln Aviator's base price of $52,195 with what we can assume is a nearly identical engine. Both those cars are rated for 400 horsepower, but the ST gets 415 pound-feet of torque while the Lincoln makes do with 400 pound-feet. The difference in speed will likely be hard to tell on the butt dyno. It'll be interesting to see how much performance Ford is really going to give the ST over the Aviator ...

... Being right at that $60,000 mark takes this Explorer into luxury car territory, even eclipsing some trims of the Aviator. The direct competition is either cheaper or expected to come in lower once pricing is released. When equipped with the boosted 3.0-liter V6, this Explorer is more powerful than pretty much everything in its class, save the Durango SRT. More power equals more money, an equation we all generally accept as car enthusiasts. We'll just have to wait and see if the world thinks this Explorer moves the needle enough for people to pony up the extra cash for it.

Last edited by glyphics; 02-15-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page