2020 Lincoln Aviator - Page 18 - Ford Inside News Community
 145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 212 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:30 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator

So curious what kind of FE claims they will make for the Aviator. I love that we can surely not expect numbers siimilar to a Cadillac V, or 13mpg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 212 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
So curious what kind of FE claims they will make for the Aviator. I love that we can surely not expect numbers siimilar to a Cadillac V, or 13mpg.
Well the regular one is 17/24/20 for AWD, 18/26/21 for RWD.

GT numbers haven't been released yet.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #173 of 212 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
Well the regular one is 17/24/20 for AWD, 18/26/21 for RWD.

GT numbers haven't been released yet.
Regular is one thing.
But when you add big power numbers, that is another entirely. Hybrid gives you the best of all worlds. Or so it seems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #174 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

A new good review from Motor Trend. https://www.motortrend.com/cars/linc...st-test-review

One, the last sentence, describe the article: "Overall, I'm truly impressed with the Aviator," Seabaugh says. "In one fell swoop, it's done what Cadillac has tried and failed to do for years: build a distinctly American, no-compromises luxury vehicle that competes with the foreign luxury marques on its own terms, not theirs."

The Aviator is the best vehicle in its segment, and one of the best of the SUV/crossover in the market. It will be the SUV of the year of many shows and magazines.
Logans Run likes this.

post #175 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Ford Mondeo

Curious what will happen with the tax-incentives on the GT.

If the GT qualifies for the $5,000 federal tax-credit, is Lincoln going to make that money available to the lease-customers through an incentive?
Considering the lack of other incentives and healthy rebates, they better do.

Those $5K could bring the lease down by $150/month (36 months) and $210/month (24 months).

This could be the price-advantage that could make or brake the deal for many potential customers.

This is how Volvo is making the credit available on their leases but they blew it up by inflating the MF and artificially reducing the RV on their hybrid-leases...

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
post #176 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Ford Ka

Interesting article about production problems with the explorer and aviator, and having to ship thousands of vehicles from the chicago plant to dearborn to be repaired. anyone experienced a delay in a vehicle they ordered or any problems with a new vehicle?

freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/09/13/ford-2020-explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/
post #177 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:26 PM
Ford Explorer

Ford has also been very quiet internally about any production issues. Nobody seems to know. Honestly, considering the complexity of launching all new platforms, all new transmission and all new hybrid systems, for Explorer as well......I would be surprised if they did NOT have any issues. Ford will sort through them. I am aware of updates on the hybrid transmission already under way. Knowing that, I pressume Ford is trying hard to fix whatever the production issue is.

post #178 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:37 AM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirzelt View Post
Interesting article about production problems with the explorer and aviator, and having to ship thousands of vehicles from the chicago plant to dearborn to be repaired. anyone experienced a delay in a vehicle they ordered or any problems with a new vehicle?

freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/09/13/ford-2020-explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/
OMG this does not bold well for quality!! The article is truly scary and very impactful to Ford’s bottom line.

And things like this are not acceptable....:

“To see a vehicle with 15 miles is unheard of," said a Ford source involved with production. "But I have personally seen on the odometer a few of the Explorers/Aviators with between 150-200 miles on them. Today I saw one near one of the buildings which had a sad face written on it with 'high miles — 402.'“

Hopefully this vehicle was not ordered by a private party.
post #179 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:39 AM
Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Ford has also been very quiet internally about any production issues. Nobody seems to know. Honestly, considering the complexity of launching all new platforms, all new transmission and all new hybrid systems, for Explorer as well......I would be surprised if they did NOT have any issues. Ford will sort through them. I am aware of updates on the hybrid transmission already under way. Knowing that, I pressume Ford is trying hard to fix whatever the production issue is.
Sounds like beta testing with your customer....Tesla pulled the same crap with the Model 3 and we all criticized them heavily...
post #180 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Ford Explorer

"sounds like"

LOL

Beta testing my ass. Ford recognized a problem during building, and is keeping it from the customer, as they resolve. If trolls can't understand the difference, then I am not surprised.

As for issue, many seem to think it has something to do with the new hybrid transmission. It's a very complicated system that has never been launched by Ford before, and, well, nuff said.

Troll on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page