2020 Lincoln Aviator - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:48 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator

No time to scan the articles, but did they elaborate on the new hybrid system? It will literally be the same system for fuel economy bias or performance bias. But even the performance application will be more efficient, if compared to a more powerful ICE to meet same numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
What a beautiful vehicle.
My unique complain about the exterior? Those little amber turn lights at the front fenders. Why, designers, if you put a so big warapparound head lights, didn´t include those turn signals there and left the front fender completly clean? Laziness... I´m sure is not a technical problem.

The rest of the vehicle is perfect. Perfect! I love there are more than one grille, one specific for a Black Label models...
Many companies are separating the turn signal from the headlight assembly. Honestly, I think a big part of it has to do with how bright headlights are these days - it's often hard to see the signal "around" the headlight, so separating it eliminates that issue.
wingsnut and falcon lover like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #13 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
No time to scan the articles, but did they elaborate on the new hybrid system? It will literally be the same system for fuel economy bias or performance bias. But even the performance application will be more efficient, if compared to a more powerful ICE to meet same numbers.
...so, maybe you can provide insight. A C&D article quoted the lead engineer as stating the battery was really meant for performance and not electric mobility. This seems to contradict an earlier statement by another Ford engineer who claimed that Ford recognized that hybrid buyers expected more range than previous versions and that the Aviator would be competitive with the new models arriving on the market. China requires a min 50km(31mi) range to qualify in their market. The new PHEV BMWs(the Aviator's direct competitor X5 specifically) are coming to market with 80km(50mi) ranges. Should we expect the same from Lincoln or be prepared for disappointment on the range front in an otherwise stellar effort from Lincoln?

post #14 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 10:31 AM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...so, maybe you can provide insight. A C&D article quoted the lead engineer as stating the battery was really meant for performance and not electric mobility. This seems to contradict an earlier statement by another Ford engineer who claimed that Ford recognized that hybrid buyers expected more range than previous versions and that the Aviator would be competitive with the new models arriving on the market. China requires a min 50km(31mi) range to qualify in their market. The new PHEV BMWs(the Aviator's direct competitor X5 specifically) are coming to market with 80km(50mi) ranges. Should we expect the same from Lincoln or be prepared for disappointment on the range front in an otherwise stellar effort from Lincoln?
I would hope that Lincoln would not target the minimum and then have to re-engineer when China increases the requirement. I hope that's Strategic Planning 101 but ...
post #15 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 10:50 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
I literally don't know what was shared and when it will all be revealed, so I need to play it safe.
All I can say is that both systems (comparing to Explorer) are essentially the same, but will function differently.
post #16 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 11:02 AM
Ford Focus ZX

WOW Lincoln! Great Job! My MKZ Hybrid, I love it, but I may have just found my next vehicle. Love it!
post #17 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Ford Explorer

Bronco, Bronco II, Aviator, new Explorer and Escape and of course new Corsa hitting the market in coming months, all with efficient and affordable hybrid options, probably weighed into the corporate decision to NOT invest the billions needed to totally revamp their low margin sedans. Because if people are shunning sedans today, imagine how much more they will shun them when very competitive, fun and fuel efficient CUV/SUV options are available.
pffan1990 likes this.
post #18 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 11:19 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
You can still have that range and also be geared toward performance. That could be taken as they could've gone for a lot more range, but kept range lower to give a performance edge.

They didn't specify range in any announcements I saw.

---

I told my mom the power figures from the hybrid last night, and she was like "what? from a hybrid?" She's used to thinking of a hybrid as a Prius type ultra mileage setup.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #19 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Ford Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
... and of course new Corsa ...
Only if Ford buys Opel
falcon lover likes this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #20 of 151 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
Only if Ford buys Opel

Wings sure is refering to the MKC replacement...the Corsair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page