1000 mile trip uses 40 gal of gas or 286 lbs of coal - Page 6 - Ford Inside News Community
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Re: 1000 mile trip uses 40 gal of gas or 286 lbs of coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker16 View Post
I find the large graphic more believable than drawing false conclusions by looking at the cars in my driveway.

98.5% of climate scientists are in agreement on Climate change. It should come as no surprise that a person who judges the viability of a technology based upon the 4 cars they have in THEIR driveway, as True believer in the 1.5%

Ironically the decrease in GHG was entirely due to reductions in Coal consumption.......... to produce electricity.

The IRONY of the title of your thread shouldn't be missed by anyone.

: grin2:
I made a casual remark about how I see many driveways with up to 4 cars and the logistics of having to charge all those in relation to how switching to EV will not be so quick and easy......and that fueled your rant?

LOL

I really don't know what you are debating here, so I will throw in the towel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker16 View Post
I find the large graphic more believable than drawing false conclusions by looking at the cars in my driveway.

98.5% of climate scientists are in agreement on Climate change. It should come as no surprise that a person who judges the viability of a technology based upon the 4 cars they have in THEIR driveway, as True believer in the 1.5%

Ironically the decrease in GHG was entirely due to reductions in Coal consumption.......... to produce electricity.

The IRONY of the title of your thread shouldn't be missed by anyone.

: grin2:
I really wish they would pick a percentage and stick with it!

The biggest problem they have is that climate scientists have been correct in 0% of their predictions. Given the 20 plus year record of failure and how political it's become, the scepticism should be no surprise.
wingsnut, pffan1990 and 70 Stang like this.
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Ford Focus ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I really wish they would pick a percentage and stick with it!

The biggest problem they have is that climate scientists have been correct in 0% of their predictions. Given the 20 plus year record of failure and how political it's become, the scepticism should be no surprise.
...20 years? Pffff. Try 60 years. They started this anti-capitalist **** starting even before Ehrlich's Population Bomb scare tactics. Planned Parenthood is part and parcel of that whole movement, and there are even people who support/belong to the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. Global Warming is just another spoke on the Marxist wheel. If you can't explain the pause, you can't explain the cause.

post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:31 AM
Ford Ka

just wait and see.

Công ty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tphcm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
giá rẻ
ho chi minh
ha noi
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambongoc View Post
just wait and see.
I have been waiting my whole life for politically motivated threats to come to fruition.

In the 70's we were told we would run out of gas in 20 years
In the 80's we were told the world would freeze in 20 years because of the United States use of fossil fuels
In the 90's we were told the world would burn in 20 years for same reason
Now they have been calling it climate change, blaming every hurricane and natural disaster on it (brilliant) and moved the end of days date out to 50-100 years, because they know they won't be around to be criticized.

Nobody denies climates change, they have been doing so since the birth of Earth. What logical minds have concluded, is that rushing to judgement on data from wildly inaccurate math models that are also carelessly filled with assumptions as to the human impact......is foolish.

I suggest that America continues to produce energy that builds our economic and safety strengths, so that we can continue (not start) to develop next gen energy systems that don't violate the laws of physics and are sustainable, while not devastating people and industries so radically as we have heard in the Green Deal. What a gem that is.
Rickman likes this.
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Focus RS WRC

Some people look back and say that what is should be. Some people look forward and say that what's coming should be prepared for.

We didn't stop using wood for fuel because we ran out of trees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page