All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST - Page 22 - Ford Inside News Community
 336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Focus RS

Re: All New Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
I would be greatly disappointed if Ford doesnt sell the Fiesta here, especially the ST which has been very popular. That and a vehicle like the Fiesta would help them meet the CAFE standards. I know SUVs and CUVs are selling well right now, but to assume that trend is going to continue is rather short sighted.
Given Ford's earlier comments about country/region specific products I won't be surprised if we get some half assed version, if we get a Fiesta at all. I'm on my third Fiesta, two STs, all leased. It appears the product cycle timing says a next gen ST isn't going to be doable, even if Ford brings one to the U.S. I'm more than disappointed! However, the Tampa Auto Show is this weekend. It's probably time to start looking for an alternative.

The STs have been two of the most fun cars I've driven!!!
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlane View Post
Given Ford's earlier comments about country/region specific products I won't be surprised if we get some half assed version, if we get a Fiesta at all. I'm on my third Fiesta, two STs, all leased. It appears the product cycle timing says a next gen ST isn't going to be doable, even if Ford brings one to the U.S. I'm more than disappointed! However, the Tampa Auto Show is this weekend. It's probably time to start looking for an alternative.

The STs have been two of the most fun cars I've driven!!!
I will be at the Tampa Auto Show this weekend as well.
2b2 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #213 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:10 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

more/others...
FordAuthority: More ‘Active’ Models To Follow The New Ford Fiesta Active
AutoExpress.co.UK: More Ford Active models will follow after Fiesta debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
I interpret that more to mean that ours might differ slightly from the one revealed today, therefore the one revealed technically won't be on sale here.
I'm kinda wondering if Ford could use this overall-situation as a way of *impact-marketing*,
offering strongly-differented demographic-targets** instead smooth/blurred(imho) trim-variants?
** a rugged version
** a sportLux, &
** a 'green'/econo (for peeps like me who see HP-wars as almost sacrilegious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
dunno - the new Fiesta will be be built in Cuautitlán for other(Latin) markets AFAIK...
...even if the Model-E is put on hold for a few years
Brazil produces Fiesta hatchbacks. (Ford Brazil imports Fiesta sedans from Mexico).
There was a rumor that's been floating around for the past 2 years that the next gen Fiesta for the US will be sourced from Thailand.
Before there was also a rumor that the US EcoSport was going to be sourced from either India or Thailand, and they chose India.
part of my "wait&see"/put as-much-as-possible OnHold-for-now ideas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #214 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 07:35 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: All New Fiesta ........... ST

First exclusive details new Ford Fiesta ST
Unveiling the end of 2017, production start in early 2018
AutoRAI.nl
Dutch>google-translate
By: Bart Oostvogels - November 30, 2016

..."We'll be back in a Ford Fiesta ST," Tyrone Johnson, development boss of Ford ST and RS models, in an interview with AutoRAI.nl. "The production will start in January 2018, but the disclosure will all end in 2017 instead. The car appears both three- and five-door variant in the market." ...

...When asked whether the next Fiesta ST again gets a 1.6-liter four-cylinder, Johnson replied with "next question". He also says that: "The Fiesta ST200 (147kW/200hp, 290Nm of torque; with overboost delivering twenty seconds at 158kW/215hp and 320Nm of torque) need not be a new benchmark in terms of power. More fun you do not always have to mean more power. The current Fiesta ST was not the most powerful in its segment but it is certainly one of the best riding in its segment. Which we aim to do the same now. We want to develop the best funauto, that's the objective. The fun factor is even higher than before."...

biker16 and Bloggin like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #215 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
more/others...
FordAuthority: More ‘Active’ Models To Follow The New Ford Fiesta Active
AutoExpress.co.UK: More Ford Active models will follow after Fiesta debut

I'm kinda wondering if Ford could use this overall-situation as a way of *impact-marketing*,
offering strongly-differented demographic-targets** instead smooth/blurred(imho) trim-variants?
** a rugged version
** a sportLux, &

part of my "wait&see"/put as-much-as-possible OnHold-for-now ideas

I noticed you left out the group that thinks there is no such thing as too much HP or torque!!!
post #216 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Focus RS

Quote:
First exclusive details new Ford Fiesta ST
Unveiling the end of 2017, production start in early 2018
AutoRAI.nl
Dutch>google-translate
By: Bart Oostvogels - November 30, 2016

..."We'll be back in a Ford Fiesta ST," Tyrone Johnson, development boss of Ford ST and RS models, in an interview with AutoRAI.nl. "The production will start in January 2018, but the disclosure will all end in 2017 instead. The car appears both three- and five-door variant in the market." ...

...When asked whether the next Fiesta ST again gets a 1.6-liter four-cylinder, Johnson replied with "next question". He also says that: "The Fiesta ST200 (147kW/200hp, 290Nm of torque; with overboost delivering twenty seconds at 158kW/215hp and 320Nm of torque) need not be a new benchmark in terms of power. More fun you do not always have to mean more power. The current Fiesta ST was not the most powerful in its segment but it is certainly one of the best riding in its segment. Which we aim to do the same now. We want to develop the best funauto, that's the objective. The fun factor is even higher than before."...

OK to spend God knows how much to be able to export Mustangs to the rest of the world; but if you are in the U.S. and like super minis, Ford could care less. Yes, I understand there is more profit in the Mustang, However they build the Fiesta ST in Cologne and sell it nearly everywhere but the U.S. It appears to me that if you want anything other than an "F" series, Mustang or an Edge or Edge clone Ford U.S. doesn't seem to want you as a customer. Mulally is gone and it's back to the old Ford, market differentials or dumbed down products for the U.S. To finish the rant; perhaps Ford should be more focused, pun intended, on being a car company than a mobility company!
biker16 likes this.
post #217 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Yes, I understand there is more profit in the Mustang, However they build the Fiesta ST in Cologne and sell it nearly everywhere but the U.S.
Do you mean the current one? They sell the current Fiesta ST in the US.

I think it hasn't been confirmed that the next Fiesta and Fiesta ST won't be sold in the US.

Last edited by AM222; 12-02-2016 at 09:18 PM.
post #218 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2
** a rugged version
** a sportLux, &
I noticed you left out the group that thinks there is no such thing as too much HP or torque!!!
nope, the first 2 (TWO) **s include more HP/tq than can be used legally in most places

post #219 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 12:31 AM
FIN Staff Member

I wonder if Ford added the ability for electrification. Crowded cities in Europe are putting restrictions on petrol and especially diesel vehicles. For this next gen Fiesta to last another 6-9 years, it has to be able to go Zero Emissions.
post #220 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 06:26 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
I wonder if Ford added the ability for electrification. Crowded cities in Europe are putting restrictions on petrol and especially diesel vehicles. For this next gen Fiesta to last another 6-9 years, it has to be able to go Zero Emissions.
Ability for electrification is probably similar to the Mk3 Focus.
The 2018 Fiesta is built on an updated version of the Global-B Platform. I think the updates have more to do with things like safety, rigidity etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fiesta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page