All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST - Page 23 - Ford Inside News Community
 336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #221 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: All New Fiesta

Overlaid the current US Fiesta (with extended bumpers) over the 2018 EU Fiesta, nearly everything lines up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018_2014_Fiesta-side.jpg (273.0 KB, 70 views)
2b2, MKII, biker16 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 02:14 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^&
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin
I wonder if Ford added the ability for electrification. Crowded cities in Europe are putting restrictions on petrol and especially diesel vehicles. For this next gen Fiesta to last another 6-9 years, it has to be able to go Zero Emissions.
Ability for electrification is probably similar to the Mk3 Focus.
The 2018 Fiesta is built on an updated version of the Global-B Platform. I think the updates have more to do with things like safety, rigidity etc.
imho, the 2 fotos of the open front doors with the frames visible tell the structure is basically identical:
Here
so other than "skins" in-&-out, & gizmos, just 'bugde'ing' the wheels a fraction(s) is the biggest change;
so No Electrification-ability worth talking about ...unless-maybe capacitors?
Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #223 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Ford Focus

In other news the EcoBoost 1.0 at 140hp, makes it a more appropriate base engine for the The NA focus.

Any one Thinks the new Fiesta will gain a few pounds over the previous generation?

this restyle kinda reminds me of the New Mustang, where they kept the hard points and carried over critical structures to save money. I hope the next Focus is stronger effort by Ford to Bend the PD cost curve, to provide more and better products at lower cost.

post #224 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
^&

imho, the 2 fotos of the open front doors with the frames visible tell the structure is basically identical:
Here
so other than "skins" in-&-out, & gizmos, just 'bugde'ing' the wheels a fraction(s) is the biggest change;
Maybe the Global B platform is at its limits specially in terms of expanding its size.
I'm guessing this could also mean the 2018 Fiesta could have a shorter life than the current Fiesta which will be 9 years old in Europe when it's replaced in 2017.
Perhaps they are getting ready to develop an all-new Global B platform.

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker16 View Post
In other news the EcoBoost 1.0 at 140hp, makes it a more appropriate base engine for the The NA focus.
In Asia-Pacific, they went straight and just made the 180hp 1.5 EcoBoost standard.

Quote:
Any one Thinks the new Fiesta will gain a few pounds over the previous generation?
My guess, there might be a slight increase.

Quote:
I hope the next Focus is stronger effort by Ford to Bend the PD cost curve, to provide more and better products at lower cost.
The next Focus (Mk4) will grow bigger. This is obvious when you look at the test mule, the rear had to be stretched and is less tapered (widened) to accommodate the longer platform (much longer wheelbase).

Last edited by AM222; 12-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.
post #225 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

So I wrote Ford about the 2018 Fiesta. Basically told them there are a lot of rumors floating around that the 2018 Fiesta wont be coming to the US, that the Ecosport is more or less replacing it like Mazda did with the 2. I got a response:

Dear Mr. Campbell,

Thank you for your interest in our 2018 Ford Fiesta and thank you for being a member of our Ford family! In regards to the vehicle, there have been no confirmed plans to replace the vehicle with the EcoSport. The 2018 Fiesta ordering date is still to be determined, however, it is estimated to reach dealer lots by late December 2017. To keep updated with our future models, please visit http://media.ford.com

If you have any further questions, our Marketing Program Headquarters is here to help. You can give us a call at 1-800-334-4375 and we are available Monday Friday from 9 a.m. 6 p.m. ET. When you call, we can also schedule a demonstration drive at the time and dealership of your choosing.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Jessica
Marketing Program Headquarters
Ford Motor Company
Bloggin and gjrip like this.
post #226 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Focus RS

Re: All New Fiesta ........... ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Do you mean the current one? They sell the current Fiesta ST in the US.

I think it hasn't been confirmed that the next Fiesta and Fiesta ST won't be sold in the US.
I was referring to the next generation Fiesta. Even if they don't sell the Fiesta in the U.S. it would be nice if they shipped the European ST from Cologne, like the Focus RS.

IIRC, the last sales number I had seen for the Fiesta ST for this year was 8-9,000 units. Plus it has no direct competitor.
post #227 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Makes me wonder if the next Fusion will also grow a bit to accommodate a seemingly inevitable Taurus nix.
badhac likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #228 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:47 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: All New Fiesta ........... ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlane View Post
I was referring to the next generation Fiesta. Even if they don't sell the Fiesta in the U.S. it would be nice if they shipped the European ST from Cologne, like the Focus RS.

IIRC, the last sales number I had seen for the Fiesta ST for this year was 8-9,000 units. Plus it has no direct competitor.
I've been wondering IF... since it seems Cuvs are becoming the standard now
IF, for carCARs like sedans (Or HATCHBACK!), just offering a higher-power sport model PLUS a basic commuter-version, preferably Hybrid (imho), would be all that they'd need to sell??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #229 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 09:57 PM
FIN Staff Member

Quote:
And let's not forget the new EcoBoost 1.1L gets cylinder deactivation. I wonder what that does for the highway mpg. And if that's coming to other EcoBoost engines, especially the hybrid and plug-in hybrid when they finally get an EcoBoost engine.

Last edited by Bloggin; 12-06-2016 at 12:19 AM.
post #230 of 441 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
Makes me wonder if the next Fusion will also grow a bit to accommodate a seemingly inevitable Taurus nix.
Wouldn't a slightly bigger Fusion be too close to the Chinese Taurus, that they might as well just sell that in the US instead?
PS: On second thought, the large car market is shrinking, so I think it would be logical to keep the Fusion where it's at. If they make the Fusion grow bigger, they might kill it too.
2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fiesta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page