All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST - Page 33 - Ford Inside News Community
 336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #321 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 04:09 AM
Ford Kuga

Re: All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST

"ageing products. New replacements are still hanging in the balance."

Fields legacy strikes again and facks up One Ford. Friggin dummy, hope the new guy is advised on this immediate issue "NOW" and not just consumed with 2020 and onwards.

Fiesta was about 4 years late, and now is still on the old platform. The North American Focus has been pushed into the corner at Hermosillo plant which I have still cannot understand their thinking on this one. The plant is at capacity or **** close (300,000 units per year), and now they add a car that has been averaging 200.000+ units per year (yeah I know sales are down on both Focus & Fusion). WTF!! From my seat it looks absolutely crazy, unless of course Fields was planning to erase the Focus from the North American line up, because he couldn't have really believed that 2018 Fusion and Focus sales would fall so far that Hermosillo could manage supply not just to USA , but all the other countries these units are exported to, never mind the 25-30,000 MKZ units required.
AM222 and 70 Stang like this.

2012 Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 SW Moondust Silver 5spd manual
2014 Ford Kuga Titanium 1.6 EcoBoost AWD Panther Black 6spd Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Ford Falcon

@MKII it's an annoying feeling when you know they have a more reliable product that will help but they don't want to offer it (at least for now)

I think Fields-era Ford is very truck-centric. Something it replicated in other regions (except maybe Europe).

Let's hope Mr.Hackett gives importance to the entire range and realigns Ford's regional operations again just like what Mulally did years ago.
70 Stang likes this.
post #323 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Ford Explorer

Wow, lots of doom and gloom for Ford predicted. I don't see it myself, as the new Fiesta and EcoSport launch in a year or so, and oh so much more. Good times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #324 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Wow, lots of doom and gloom for Ford predicted. I don't see it myself, as the new Fiesta and EcoSport launch in a year or so, and oh so much more. Good times.
I just think people are looking for some confirmation of things, mainly is the US getting the new Fiesta. I'm not gloom and doom, but it is frustrating as **** not knowing whats going on. The point made by someone earlier is FOrd has been very truck and SUV heavy, but that is what is demanded in the industry. I'm just hoping they don't abandon other segments, despite the Fiesta struggling to sell what appears to be 50000ish units this year.
post #325 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Ford Flex

I understand both sides of this, and know Ford/Lincoln will right itself in due time.

Wingsnut is very enthusiastic about what he knows is coming, but cannot comment about, whereas what Ford is showing and telling (or lack thereof) has many of us worried.

Ford seems to be rectifying some holes in the lineup with the coming Ranger, Bronco, Ecosport, and Aviator. The Expedition and Navigator will finally be modernized. The F-Series is getting the 10 speed to go along with the other advantages it has over the competition, and the Mustang not only gets that, but also it looks like a new Mach1 and/or GT500 is in the works.

What is still irking Ford fans is how some models are falling behind the competition:

Fiesta - 2018 update still dimensionally the same as before. Possible replacement in 2020?

Focus - Up until last year, they were alright, and still competitive at least style wise with most everyone. Now the new Civic seems years ahead, and 2018 brings no changes. 2019 needs to be more spacious with a longer wheelbase to allow a more dramatic style and better interior room.

Fusion - Still the best looking mid-size sedan, but the update did little, and in some ways I like the 2013 better. Speaking of 2013, that is when the Fusion and Accord were new models. Accord and Camry get their new model in 2018. Is Fusion a 2019 or 2020? Like the Focus, it needs to grow a bit to stay competitive.

Taurus - Who, what, when, where, how....if?

Escape - Falling behind in utility. CRV was already ahead before their new model, and Ford better make use of a longer wheelbase and match/beat CRV for space. Styling on all CUVs is pretty terrible right now, so that should not be an issue, but PLEASE give a Ford CUVs a more distinct front end.

Edge - No complaints except front end styling.

Explorer - What, where, when. This is a great product that they worked hard to resurrect from the last generation, but it is now growing old, and can use some more space and utility.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
Sherlock Holmes
post #326 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Ford Explorer

Fiesta still accounts for large sales volumes through 2016, and will again no doubt in 2017 but will be less, but that is no reason to abandon it. Especially when it is manufactured in North America. It is a train or truck crossing a border away. And besides, the ST has to continue to take up a spot in the Ford Performance group. I can’t wait to see what the new one will do once it comes here.

Bloggin likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wingsnut; 06-01-2017 at 10:29 AM.
post #327 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Ford Explorer

Excellent points, Logans Run, and I do in fact understand the frustration by many when Ford is not more revealing or for not having every single product in a perfect cadence of freshness and compete-ability with a lot of tough competition. But I think the challenging task at hand, aside from the obvious of weighing product spending against ROI, is just because of the resources that remained after the recent annihilation of so many people and factories by Mulally, not to mention CEO swaps in his wake. Ford has many faults, but I think they are spreading their capital wisely, by updating their money makers first (trucks, CUVís, Lincoln and now performance has proven to be a money maker too). Simple accounting really. But I too am eager to hear a real plan from Hackett, and the sooner the better. I expect sooner, as wallstreet shows little patience.

post #328 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Quote:
And besides, the ST has to continue to take up a spot in the Ford Performance group. I canít wait to see what the new one will do once it comes here.
This is true. I'm eager to see what the 3cyl can do! If they do bring it here, my Focus will likely be traded in on a FiST.
2b2 likes this.
post #329 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
It doesn't look bad if you only look at the US market, there are many new models to offset any delay of a single model.

In Asia-Pacific it's not a prediction, it's the current situation, Ford has been relying on two volume models, the Ranger and Everest for sales. Good times? Just surviving.
They need new models badly.

Things are different when you look at things from a global perspective.

Last edited by AM222; 06-01-2017 at 08:48 PM.
post #330 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Ford Falcon

Comparison of the 2017 Fiesta Titanium and the new gen 2018 Fiesta Titanium.

New 2018 model overlaid over 2017 model.

*Outgoing European model shown for comparison, the current USDM Fiesta with extended bumpers is about as long as the 2018 Fiesta unveiled in Europe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017_vs_2018_Fiesta_side.jpg (58.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 2017_vs_2018_Fiesta_side_in_red.jpg (86.2 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg 2017_vs_2018_Fiesta_front_and_rear.jpg (61.1 KB, 35 views)
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 06-07-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fiesta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page