All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST - Page 38 - Ford Inside News Community
 336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #371 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Ford Explorer

Re: All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKII View Post
Smartest think the new guy did was delegate the car biz to Farley and Hinrichs. I am hopeful those two can sort this mess out a little as far as products outside of the F150 and Mustang :-)

But he is no Mulally.
Big fan of Hinrichs, but not of Farley. I have heard both give speeches many times, and that is just my take away. Not just things they said, but how they say things. Hinrichs is more trustworthy. Farley puts his foot in his mouth too often.
And say what you want about Fields, but that man was a car guy through and through. Saving Lincoln and bringing a performance brand to market are but just a few of the examples why, imo.

And we can only hope that Jim is no Alan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Big fan of Hinrichs, but not of Farley. I have heard both give speeches many times, and that is just my take away. Not just things they said, but how they say things. Hinrichs is more trustworthy. Farley puts his foot in his mouth too often.
And say what you want about Fields, but that man was a car guy through and through. Saving Lincoln and bringing a performance brand to market are but just a few of the examples why, imo.

And we can only hope that Jim is no Alan.
What Mulally did was to avoid Bankruptcy and it worked.
Fields saved Lincoln but as far as the world is concerned, Fields didn't seem to give a cr*p about global Ford models.

Last edited by AM222; 07-05-2017 at 11:58 AM.
post #373 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Ford Kuga

The industry reports have been stating for over a year now that the Fiesta was going to be replaced by another subcompact in the US, so it's likely they have other plans and have always had other plans.

post #374 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
What Mulally did was to avoid Bankruptcy and it worked.
Fields saved Lincoln but as far as the world is concerned, Fields didn't seem to give a cr*p about global Ford models.
Fields was only there a few years yet managed to save Lincoln and give them long term growth strategy, push for light-weighting across big segments, in addition to introducing an entire performance brand and not to mention laying the ground work for a long term paradigm shift into much broader electrification and of course autonomous implementation into the future. But you might be right, he may have ignored a few near zero profit segments a bit too much globally or otherwise.

All huge steps for any automaker to undertake in such a short tenure. Meh, what the **** does Wall street know anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #375 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
But you might be right, he may have ignored a few near zero profit segments a bit too much globally or otherwise.
The rest of the world is a bit different from the US market.
The big SUVs and pickup trucks they prioritize in the US market are non-existent in most global markets and the small cars that are not important in the US are important in markets outside the US.

Last edited by AM222; 07-05-2017 at 12:55 PM.
post #376 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Ford Explorer

Fields was responsible for bringing several global products to the US and has helped continue traditions globally.

Fields even answered the long demanding call for Mustang in other countries......

Fields even sent Edge and other vehicles to global markets that have demanded them and of course is bringing back Ranger and Bronco back here. Things Mulally would have never done.

It's fine to dislike Fields and have your own opinions about the man, but not your own facts. I will happily dispel those, until I am Ford blue in the face. Hehe

post #377 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Ford Focus

Wingnut, please stop Defending Fields.

he sucked, and was too afraid to make a decision.

Only decision he could make was to cheapen the product.

I am in the market for a premium compact car with an Independent Rear suspension.
post #378 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker16 View Post
Wingnut, please stop Defending Fields.

he sucked, and was too afraid to make a decision.

Only decision he could make was to cheapen the product.
Your opinion, that is totally fine, I totally understand.
I could happily disprove your opinion, but I know for a fact that it won't change your mind.

post #379 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Ford Kuga

Mullally is responsible for spearheading OneFord, much of the exporting and importing is thanks to that massive restructuring. Field's influence has been to administer the final push on those OneFord products and now to essentially tweak it and break it back down to regional development to fix the weaknesses of OneFord. He's also responsible for getting the manufacturing efficiencies in place to get all those OneFord Products across the planet. Field's biggest legacy has yet to be revealed which is Electrification, Autonomy, and the new campus project geared toward transforming the company into a tech and services company. He's also responsible for reinvigorating Lincoln by hiring a team and giving them a tiny sum of money to turn themselves around. Field's is a better administrator than a leader, it's one of the reasons he hasn't been a good decision maker and much of Ford's current direction is actually geared by Bill Ford and the fumes of Mullally. Ford is definitely in need of a leader that is willing to cut it down to a manageable size, right now it's pretty clear they have far too much going on that they can't take care of and Field's should have already been doing that and he wasn't.

Last edited by Assimilator; 07-05-2017 at 04:45 PM.
post #380 of 441 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Ford Explorer

Actually, Mulally merely was in place and hired to execute Bill Ford's One Ford plan. He was the Architect. Mostly. I am sure Alan contributed, but honestly, what the heck did he know at the time about global platform sharing and the impact here.

And yeah, I forgot about the campus renovation that is currently just starting and is expected to take many years and a lot of money. Fields was strongly behind that. This is a huge undertaking that will catapult Ford progressively into the future in ways many of us simply can't yet fully understand. And what is really amazing, is that they are not only transforming the campus, but downtown Dearborn as well. They are tearing down old buildings and replacing with all new, most of which will be the temp displaced home for thousands of workers, as they tear down their currently buildings. The whole city appears to be renovating. It is quite a sight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fiesta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page