Re: All New Fiesta

Autoblog thinks so:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/next-...#slide-3929626
Bloggin likes this.
post #63 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

Motor1.com has a story as well http://www.motor1.com/news/64187/201...he-first-time/
Bloggin likes this.

post #64 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 01:50 PM
FIN Staff Member

The New Fiesta looks like it will keep much of the refreshed upscale front but get a upscale new body, that's more designed like the front. Focus seems to be going the same direction. Longer, cleaner lines, less round bits.

As Ford brings Fiesta and Focus more upmarket, I hope they bring intelligent AWD to the Fiesta as an option...same for Focus. Along with Performance AWD for the ST, and an RS version of both with massive power and P-AWD.

Or better yet, being e-AWD across the lineup with every new gen model.

The new architecture of both the Fiesta and Focus should give Ford many opportunities baked in, that the current architecture does not.
2b2 likes this.
post #65 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
The New Fiesta looks like it will keep much of the refreshed upscale front but get a upscale new body, that's more designed like the front. Focus seems to be going the same direction. Longer, cleaner lines, less round bits.

As Ford brings Fiesta and Focus more upmarket, I hope they bring intelligent AWD to the Fiesta as an option...same for Focus. Along with Performance AWD for the ST, and an RS version of both with massive power and P-AWD.

Or better yet, being e-AWD across the lineup with every new gen model.

The new architecture of both the Fiesta and Focus should give Ford many opportunities baked in, that the current architecture does not.
I really like the new more horizontal look of the Fiesta-- it's very much with the times.
We have not seen a Focus prototype yet (just a mule).. so I am on pins and needles -- the big one there is to fix the nose of the current platform. Fords look awkward next to the new-platform-since-2008 cars with better proportioned noses.

As for AWD, I expect the Fiesta will remain FWD only with the EcoSport (and maybe other dedicated cars) having unique offering of AWD on the platform. I am expecting that using the EcoSport platform for the Fiesta would needlessly raise costs (and there is no precedent / seeming market demand for such).

An AWD Focus would be interesting and we will see. Again, besides the Impreza, we see no other model going for AWD as an option, so adding that engineering below the Escape seems wasteful / unwarranted.

For me, more interesting than AWD is electrification, virtual AWD, and other forward-looking options. The Focus platform will be a very important platform for Ford --we may not see a replacement before 2025, so it needs to be future proof to a great extent. All the competition has great allowances for electrification, high-speed information network and more -- and the next Focus platform needs the same.
2b2, AM222 and Bloggin like this.
post #66 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:55 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^ & ^^ Agree...
except for that 2025 date
imho
new structure is needed asap to fix the HORRIBLE packaging on the Focus
(so can't see a tweak doing anywhere near enough - to even bother with!)
BUT the next edition's bones need to last for a long time** AND could if that's the electro-compatible 'A.M.P' we heard hardly anything about

** with the end of 'platforms-as-we've-known-them',
wouldn't surprise me if the A.M.P is Never completely replaced - just updated

edit
wonder HOW electrified Focii & Fiestii could be differentiated
OR maybe if they even need to be Much?
BUT kinda imagining an ultra simple hybridization for Fiesta
& something a tadd more complex being on(under) the Focus
tho no idea (yet) what that'd be
igor2 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-21-2016 at 04:02 PM.
post #67 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 04:02 PM
FIN Staff Member

^....I remember Ford of Europe talking about the growth potential of a a 'soft roader' trim for the Fiesta and Focus, where AWD would allow both models to compete with brands like Subaru. Who pretty much has the 'soft roader' niche market to themselves. But seeing that it's also a hot market in CA....I expect Ford to be on it.
2b2 and igor2 like this.
post #68 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Focus RS WRC

@2b2 the next focus BETTER be all new. The current platform cannot soldier on. It's 12 years old. We're not Toyota.

I have all the hopes that the 2018/2019 MKIV Focus will ride on all new bones. The current platform has too-serious-to-ignore problems, many of which you point out. However after that new platform, we're looking at another 10-16 years until a replacement shows up a,d cars will likely be build off of this new platform into 2030s so it better be forward looking.

@Bloggin .. that is an interesting proposition. Fiesta "Crosstrek" "XC" "Allroad" trim would not be a terrible idea. I could get behind that. I think to revise my statement above -- I think that UNLESS there is a demand for a softroader "Allroad" trim for the Fiesta and Focus, AWD option does not make sense to me -- the marketing advantage would be minimal.

(As someone who is likely buying a Crosstrek soon -- I am quite excited about a possibility of a Fiesta and Focus spawning a similar vehicles.)
2b2 likes this.
post #69 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 05:14 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

^
totally agree with (by) 2018/2019 then continuing/kaizen'ing to somewhere in 2028-2035

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #70 of 441 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Ford Mondeo

Garage

AWD on both the Fiesta and Focus, give them like a one or two inch lift, some black body cladding and Fiesta/Focus FX4 lol. I kid about the name, but not the idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fiesta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page