Ford Inside News Community

Ford Inside News Community (https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/)
-   Ford Car Discussion (https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/32-ford-car-discussion/)
-   -   All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST (https://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/32-ford-car-discussion/13382-all-new-fiesta-now-including-fiesta-st.html)

badhac 06-18-2015 04:16 PM

All New Fiesta ...now including Fiesta ST
 
So I'm assuming an all new Fiesta should be coming up here pretty soon with the car having been around since the 2011 MY in the US and being refreshed for 2014 MY, so I'm guessing it would be 2017 or 2018 at the latest. My question is has anybody heard or seen anything about the new Fiesta?

2b2 06-18-2015 06:12 PM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
afaik, 2018 is about when we should hear something from the A.M.P program
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ies/shades.gif

&
isn't the Fiesta more 'important' to other markets (meaning a bigger % of their total sales)?
Maybe we can get a clue from when They need a major-refresh or more?

igor2 06-19-2015 04:50 AM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
Fiesta is an odd duck .. it is not based on the C architecture (like everything else is) ... so I am not sure .. with Mazda spun off, I wonder what Ford has up their sleeve.

AM222 06-22-2015 06:50 AM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badhac (Post 448673)
So I'm assuming an all new Fiesta should be coming up here pretty soon with the car having been around since the 2011 MY in the US and being refreshed for 2014 MY, so I'm guessing it would be 2017 or 2018 at the latest. My question is has anybody heard or seen anything about the new Fiesta?

All we have so far is photos of the next gen Fiesta mule.
What appears to be the platform being tested under a modified version of the current body.
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...s-6_600x0w.jpg
This was initially thought to be an Fiesta RS mule by some publications, but its high ride height, narrow wheels and vertical intercooler suggests that this has a 1.0 liter EcoBoost engine. It's wider track means the new Fiesta will be slightly wider than the current model.

The front camo is probably to test the cooling for the new grill openings.

My guess is we'll probably see spy photos of camo'd next gen Fiestas with its new body by next year.

igor2 06-23-2015 09:16 PM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
So what do we see here ... maybe slightly wider track, same/ similar wheelbase ... They may actually keep a lot of the platform and just replace the top hat.

2b2 06-23-2015 09:32 PM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
if they make the Fiesta a skosh wider, imho it'd equal useable space of the Focus...
...in time for a new larger (overall) Focus in the next couple/few/toomany years
:toetap:/A.M.P

badhac 06-24-2015 09:53 AM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2b2 (Post 450153)
if they make the Fiesta a skosh wider, imho it'd equal useable space of the Focus...
...in time for a new larger (overall) Focus in the next couple/few/toomany years
:toetap:/A.M.P

The next gen Focus does need to be bigger, at least as far as rear legroom. The only way the rear seat in my Focus in comfortable is if you have no legs, whereas my sister in law has a new Elantra and there is tons of legroom in the back.

badhac 06-24-2015 09:57 AM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AM222 (Post 449497)
All we have so far is photos of the next gen Fiesta mule.
What appears to be the platform being tested under a modified version of the current body.
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...s-6_600x0w.jpg
This was initially thought to be an Fiesta RS mule by some publications, but its high ride height, narrow wheels and vertical intercooler suggests that this has a 1.0 liter EcoBoost engine. It's wider track means the new Fiesta will be slightly wider than the current model.

The front camo is probably to test the cooling for the new grill openings.

My guess is we'll probably see spy photos of camo'd next gen Fiestas with its new body by next year.

I remember seeing this and everybody was thinking it was the RS. I'm really looking forward to the next Fiesta as it's one of my favorite cars in the Ford lineup.

DetroitBORG 06-24-2015 12:49 PM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
Hoping this program comes along with a new US-bound EcoSport. The sedan/hatchback Fiesta isn't a significant product in the US market but a EcoSport would be and it's sorely needed since Ford is the only one absent.

badhac 06-24-2015 02:21 PM

Re: All New Fiesta
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitBORG (Post 450505)
Hoping this program comes along with a new US-bound EcoSport. The sedan/hatchback Fiesta isn't a significant product in the US market but a EcoSport would be and it's sorely needed since Ford is the only one absent.

I'm amazed it's taken this long for the EcoSport to come to the US. Almost everybody else has a vehicle in the class, Ford needs one too.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
fordinsidenews.com and fomoconews.com recognizes that "Ford", it's logos and various model names and numbers are registered trademarks of the Ford Motor Company. These terms are used for identification purposes only. fordinsidenews.com and fomoconews.com is not affiliated in any way with the Ford Motor Company, Ford or any other company listed herein. All information on this site is the opinion of its members and not the opinion of the site itself. ©2010 Ford Inside News. All rights reserved. Content published on FordInsideNews.com or FoMoCoNews.com requires permission for reprint.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome