Ford Inside News banner

2017 Ford Fusion Sport Wheels

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  logicaltee 
#1 ·
Really interested in this car, the only problem I have is with the wheels. First, I don't like dark wheels and there are no options. Worse, they are 19" which doesn't give the ride/handling compromise I'm looking for, despite the pothole detection. Especially in the winter.

I contacted Ford Canada about minus size wheels especially for snow tires, as the aspect ratio with 19's would be awful for ride. After escalating I got the definitive answer, " The Fusion sport model requires 19 inches wheels summer and winter. Ford of Canada doesn’t recommend any other tires size. " On an AWD car? Despite being specific with my questions, and regardless of their recommendations, I still don't know what wheel sizes other than 19" will fit over the larger brake calipers and rotors.

For the northern half of the US and for Canada, snow tires are common on an all year type of vehicle. It always amazes me how little detail is available on this subject from manufacturers about wheel and tire options.

Sad to have to take this car off my possible buying list.

#3 ·
If what Ford Canada is saying is correct, I wonder why they put a 18" spare in the trunk :wink2:

Info from my brother who is a Ford sales consultant in Ottawa, Ontario said you can run 17", 18" rims no problem on the Sport.

Reactions: 2b2
#4 ·
I am sure you can work with the dealer to get different rims on it

Reactions: 2b2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.