nextgen Focus merged superThread - Page 13 - Ford Inside News Community
 490Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Focus RS WRC

Re: nextgen Focus merged superThread

It still is, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Focus, it looks sleek. I'm actually interested in buying one (hopefully it will be in the auto show by September). I'm just wondering about the Lincoln equivalent to the Focus.

I don't remember what class the Lincoln LS was back in the 2000s. It would be nice to see them revive the monkier for a future compact sedan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Focus RS WRC

Another question i had about the new Focus is the transmission. I heard that the DCT would be dropped, however few car news websites are stating that the fourth generation will keep the dual clutch. If anyone knows what transmissions and engines the new Focus will get, i would like to know so i can choose the best combination of the MK4 next year or year after. (Automatic Transmission).
post #123 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:01 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKII View Post
Man, another thread hijacked by Lincoln. Come on people this topic is about the next Focus :-)
@MKII That's what happens when Ford doesn't give people here anything to talk about.
Almost all upcoming car threads became a "what if" or "wish list" thread. lol
2b2 likes this.

post #124 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:03 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihar Mazumdar View Post
It still is, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Focus, it looks sleek. I'm actually interested in buying one (hopefully it will be in the auto show by September). I'm just wondering about the Lincoln equivalent to the Focus.

I don't remember what class the Lincoln LS was back in the 2000s. It would be nice to see them revive the moniker for a future compact sedan.
belated welcome to the forum, Nihar

_ovl____wlb____w____ht________
200.9 - 109.9 - 74.5 - 54.1 - Versailles (just wondered)
194.1 - 112.2 - 73.4 - 58.2 - Lincoln MKZ 2013-16
193.0 - 112.2 - 75.1 - 58.1 - Lincoln MKZ 2017-
193.9 - 114.7 - 73.8 - 57.8 - Audi A6 2013
193.9 - 114.5 - 73.2 - 56.1 - Lincoln LS (don't know which year(s))
189.8 - 107.4 - 72.2 - 56.9 - Lincoln MKZ 2010-12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 06-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.
post #125 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Another question i had about the new Focus is the transmission. I heard that the DCT would be dropped, however few car news websites are stating that the fourth generation will keep the dual clutch. If anyone knows what transmissions and engines the new Focus will get, i would like to know so i can choose the best combination of the MK4 next year or year after. (Automatic Transmission).
Hi Nihar, where did you hear or read that info/rumor?

I think currently the only markets/continents offering a Focus with a dry clutch PowerShift transmission is North America and South America. This is paired to the naturally aspirated 2.0 liter GDI.

The current Focus 1.0 EcoBoost comes with a 6-speed automatic option
The current Focus 1.5 EcoBoost sold in Asia & Europe has a 6-speed automatic option.
The upcoming 2018 US EcoSport 1.0 EcoBoost and 2.0 GDI AWD only come with a 6-speed automatic.
The new 2018 European Fiesta has no PowerShift option, instead it has a 6-speed automatic option (paired to a 1.0 EcoBoost).
There's a significant drop in models that offer the problematic dry clutch PowerShift.

If the gasoline/petrol Mk4 Focus lineup is EcoBoot only, chances are it will have an automatic option instead of the PowerShift.

PS: Some European diesel Ford models are offered with a PowerShift but this is the wet-clutch version which is more reliable.

Last edited by AM222; 06-15-2017 at 05:37 PM.
post #126 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Focus RS WRC

Thank you for welcoming me! Since I was young I've been a fan of Ford's designs. I'm 23 years old and I love car design, although I'm majoring in weather, which i also love. XD Right now I have a 2015 Hyundai Sonata which I bought because it was on FIFA 2014 which my dad and I bonded over. The design also reminded me of the new Chinese Taurus which was what I actually wanted.

I heard the rumors of the fourth gen focus keeping DCT from Car And Driver and Left Lane News. I believe LLN corrected their article though.

"in addition to a revised iteration of the six-speed dual-clutch automatic offered in the current car."
-Car And Driver

I want to know because I don't want the new Focus to suffer from the DCT transmission problems the current one has.
hbmf3 likes this.

Last edited by Nihar Mazumdar; 06-15-2017 at 07:51 PM.
post #127 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 07:50 PM
Ford Focus

Welcome to FIN, Nihar!
post #128 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:25 PM
Focus RS WRC

Thanks! And I'm probably the only Indian in my community that doesn't only like Japanese cars. (I loathe Toyota because I sense a snobby "our cars are perfect" attitude from them, and every auto show I've been to, the Toyota booth has been consistently rude.)

I'm honestly disappointed in Ford's current lineup in the US. I've loved their 2000s lineup, but somehow I don't feel like they've been trying as hard in the past decade. They are bringing some nice looking new cars to other markets like the new Taurus and Fiesta, that i wish were offered here. I love those designs, they evoke the same emotions I felt about the 2000s designs. simple but good looking, and practical.

They're not bad looking though like the Toyota lineup.

I'm interested to see Ford's next generation of cars.
hbmf3 likes this.

Last edited by Nihar Mazumdar; 06-15-2017 at 08:37 PM.
post #129 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Focus RS WRC

This is a rendering of the 2019 Ford Focus from Carscoops in ST spec. I'm probably not going to get an ST since I can't drive a manual, but I love this rendering, it looks beautiful and accurate. I made it my avatar. I would definitely consider a color like that too.

What do you think of this compared to the real thing?

https://icdn-1.motor1.com/images/mgl...-spy-photo.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2dGakK0KZ...s-Hatch-ST.jpg
scford58 likes this.
post #130 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 03:50 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
This is a rendering of the 2019 Ford Focus from Carscoops in ST spec. I'm probably not going to get an ST since I can't drive a manual, but I love this rendering, it looks beautiful and accurate. I made it my avatar. I would definitely consider a color like that too.

What do you think of this compared to the real thing?

https://icdn-1.motor1.com/images/mgl...-spy-photo.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2dGakK0KZ...s-Hatch-ST.jpg
I guess it will be close to that photoshop rendering, though it looks like the rear hips will probably be more curved. (see the spy photo below)

Though I don't know if Asia-Pacific will get it, this is one of the new/upcoming Fords i'm looking forward to.

Last edited by AM222; 06-17-2017 at 03:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2019 ford focus, focus, ford, spy photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page