Ford Colors: What Do You Like/ Not Like/ What Do You Want to See in the Future? - Ford Inside News Community
View Poll Results: If Ford Were To Add A New Premium Color Option What Should It Be?
Red 3 17.65%
Orange 1 5.88%
Yellow 0 0%
Green 7 41.18%
Blue 5 29.41%
Purple 3 17.65%
Brown 5 29.41%
Gray 2 11.76%
Black 2 11.76%
White 3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Ford Colors: What Do You Like/ Not Like/ What Do You Want to See in the Future?

Earlier in the year when I brought up what Ford should do to attract new customers in the 2018 Focus Thread: (Post #208 nextgen Focus merged superthread), I brought up that Ford should offer some more color choices on all of their cars. Here is my color chart I made back in June. In this thread, let's talk colors. What Ford colors do you like, what don't you like? You may also bring up what colors from other car brands you like or don't like. What do you want to see from Ford?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Color Chart- Ford.pdf (165.7 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Nihar Mazumdar; 08-17-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 10:16 AM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Ford Colors: What Do You Like/ Not Like/ What Do You Want to See in the Future?

Too many tan options look at the Taurus it has 3 different tans/browns to choose from.

I like both blues and think they should be both offered on one model instead of one or the other.

No dark reds really

Ford/Lincoln had an amethyst metallic on the first gen MKZ that I would like to see return it looks great IMO

Pretty much looks black till the sun hits it. Would like to see more colors like that maybe a deep green or blue that does something similar.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #3 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Re: Ford Colors: What Do You Like/ Not Like/ What Do You Want to See in the Future?

Not anymore. The 2017 Taurus has Shadow Black, White Gold, Smoked Quartz, Magnetic, Blue Jeans, Ruby Red, White Platinum, Ingot Silver and Oxford White. In my opinion, too many grays/silvers/blacks. I miss the Caribou color they used to offer on the Taurus. Most of Ford's lineup is that way. I really think Ford should bring back one shade of brown to their car lineup. I also think multiple reds and blues are unnecessary. The Focus in my opinion is too mature for "Blue Candy" now.

That amethyst color is beautiful by the way! I think it would look great on the 2019 Focus!

Interior colors are also welcome in this thread.

Another thing to think about:

What do you think of Lincoln's "Blue Rhapsody", "Final Destination" and Ford's new "Navy Pier" interiors?

post #4 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew L View Post
Too many tan options look at the Taurus it has 3 different tans/browns to choose from.

I like both blues and think they should be both offered on one model instead of one or the other.

No dark reds really

Ford/Lincoln had an amethyst metallic on the first gen MKZ that I would like to see return it looks great IMO

Pretty much looks black till the sun hits it. Would like to see more colors like that maybe a deep green or blue that does something similar.

Speaking of deep green: Remember "Dark Side" anyone?
post #5 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 12:37 PM
Focus RS WRC

Why does Ford insist on offering only black interior for Sport models? Ford also seems to push black interiors for most of it's line-up (IMHO). Living in the always hot and humid Houston area you learn just how hot a black interior can be. Black interiors also show dirt/debris more than other colors. (once again, IMHO)

One exterior color I have to disagree (respectfully of course) with Andrew L is a blue option. I think it might be the Blue Jean but not sure, this blue color is too bright and a bit cartoonish. Ford had a lovely medium blue on the last generation Explorer which was nice. Simple and easy to love, no?
Alfer33 likes this.

Ford ~ Mercury ~ Lincoln

Lifelong Fan!
post #6 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

Blue Jeans and Race Red need to go in my opinion. I love Kona Blue. It really suits most of Ford's cars. Ruby red is also very beautiful. That's enough blue and red for me.

As a Part 2 for my chart, I may do interior colors as well. I will also think of some creative names for some new Ford colors for future products.

I'm also really glad Ford changed the base interior color for the Fusion S. It used to be Ebony and now they have a lighter "Stone" color. As for Sport models, I would like to see a grayish-brown two material alcantara/leather, maybe a medium light stone alcantara/leather or a saddle brown alcantara/leather.

The Focus is also going to turn 20 for its next redesign. I would like to see some "birthday/anniversary" interior/exterior colors as well.

Ford Focus 20th Anniversary Edition:

Exterior:
White Platinum
Diamond Black
White Gold
Burgundy Velvet (or Magma Red)
Ruby Red
Caribou

Interior:
"Birthday" Leather- White or brown leather with rainbow dots in the mid section of the seats, chocolate brown or wine red piping and stitching
"Birthday" Cloth- Tan or brown cloth with rainbow dots in the mid section.
"Chocolate" Leather- (like Lincoln's Indulgence)
Black Leather
Wine Red Leather

What do you think?
scford58 likes this.

Last edited by Nihar Mazumdar; 08-17-2017 at 01:53 PM.
post #7 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihar Mazumdar View Post

What do you think of Lincoln's "Blue Rhapsody", "Final Destination" and Ford's new "Navy Pier" interiors?
I love that they're offering some blue interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scford58 View Post
Why does Ford insist on offering only black interior for Sport models? Ford also seems to push black interiors for most of it's line-up (IMHO). Living in the always hot and humid Houston area you learn just how hot a black interior can be. Black interiors also show dirt/debris more than other colors. (once again, IMHO)

One exterior color I have to disagree (respectfully of course) with Andrew L is a blue option. I think it might be the Blue Jean but not sure, this blue color is too bright and a bit cartoonish. Ford had a lovely medium blue on the last generation Explorer which was nice. Simple and easy to love, no?
Black = sporty. I agree, though. Ford has had a bad habit lately of making the top trims (sport, Platinum, etc.) black only, but they've been starting to fix that - Fusion and Explorer Platinum models offer a tan interior and give you the Sport engines (at least on Explorer), so you get the light interior and the better engine.

I love Lightning Blue that they have out right now.

Some of the dark blues they've offered over the last few years are too dark for me, but I can see the value in offering a dark blue. But I could support something in between a dark blue and lightning blue.
scford58 and Nihar Mazumdar like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #8 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Focus RS WRC

They should've come up with a better name for their new blue than just "Blue Metallic."
post #9 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

I love blue interiors as well.

I was getting confused on the dark blue I was thinking of deep impact blue which I really liked. Personally blue is my favorite color so I am OK with all blues really but blue jeans is kind of meh.
scford58 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
post #10 of 265 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 03:44 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

2 thingies

(background/'sausages': just now driving home, saw a Mazda Cuv, could NOT tell if it was a CX7 or 9,
yet, when they were new, I had strong preferences for the size of the 7 but the front & rear of the 9,
tho they were so similar, I could mainly only distinguish side-by-side...
) so
Does anyone think ALL models of a Brand should offer the same BASIC colors?
- tho beyond black/white/silver (not technically 'colors' anyway) like the same Red and Blue
? ...Could have (an)other red &or blue as well...

for the interiors:
just-imho, thinking of furniture ... BLACK is too strong for many people
more of a designer or bachelor-pad theme
so imho
the 2 basic colors should be dark-ish blue or tan(NOT beige)
(note: I generally prefer black dashtops with ANY interior for fighting
- glare/reflections
- overkill
)

ps
I'm not a purple person & almost always think that "choice-slot" would be better served with something else
(afaik there's a definite limit to how many colors a paint booth can utilize -- tho dunno how that works)
scford58 and Nihar Mazumdar like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page