23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 12:57 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: 9 New Nameplates by 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
The list I have is code names/numbers.
Any hint if some of these models will be global?

Here in Asia, Ford is in need of affordable models to replace the Fiesta and Focus after these models are dropped. Ford really needs to fill the gap between the subcompact EcoSport and mid-size Everest.

Hoping the Escape and/or yet-to-be-named compact SUV is not exclusive to North America.

Last edited by AM222; 08-19-2018 at 01:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Because Ford is so secretive, then I must be as well. I will offer some comments and hope with minimal details, usually in the same vein as what Ford announces, but certainly no specifics. Best I can do. Best I want to do actually. And honestly, do you really want Ford to unleash all their plans?

They can unleash them to me and nobody else :P I'd be ok with that haha.
pffan1990 and hbmf3 like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 01:08 AM
Focus RS WRC

If Ford doesn't unleash plans, it is justifiable to speculate that Ford doesn't have plans - at least none that can pass muster with reasonable observers. What Ford has unleashed is widespread votes of non-confidence.

http://www.autoextremist.com
Bloggin likes this.

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 04:50 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
If Ford doesn't unleash plans, it is justifiable to speculate that Ford doesn't have plans - at least none that can pass muster with reasonable observers. What Ford has unleashed is widespread votes of non-confidence.

http://www.autoextremist.com

WOW! How many truths in this article. Here some of them:

"Letís take Wall Street for instance. It views Ford differently. It sees a company with the F150 and little else". "Now I will be the first to admit that I am no fan of Wall Street and Iíve said so repeatedly in this column. Weíre talking about a cynical institution that built up Elon Musk and Tesla while ignoring every single principal it stands for. They ran up Tesla stock with no signs of profitability on the horizon"

" Fordís product cadence is out of whack, and it shows." "The new Bronco, which by all accounts and early assessments looks to be a sure-fire hit, is late. At least two years too late. We wonít see it until the end of 2020 and that is simply inexcusable."

"But the biggest issue Wall Street has is with Jim Hackett" " Hackett is a decent and nice guy who should be leading a think tank somewhere for Ford... But he is not a CEO. In fact, he is the wrong man, at the wrong time, at the wrong company."
Bloggin and FloridaMatt like this.

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 07:23 AM
Ford Focus ZX

That guy's bored.
wingsnut likes this.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Ford Kuga

How may different ways is Ford going to have to say they are working on fixing their problems before people stop kvetching as their full time job? Hackett is a terrible communicator, but if you listen to everybody else at Ford I think it's pretty exciting. Hackett just needs to make sure those people are doing the work and that's his job right now. The results will speak for themselves but it ALWAYS takes an enormous amount of time and for the life of me I can't figure out why auto-journalists don't grasp this. Ford will be back, probably not for very long once again, but it always comes back. Ford and Hackett is trying to change Ford so it's not business as usual, but Wallstreet and the Board tend to be impatient with longterm strategies and they usually don't survive the CEO revolving doors in Detroit.

Last edited by Assimilator; 08-21-2018 at 03:49 PM.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 03:44 PM
Ford Kuga

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
How may different ways is Ford going to have to say they are working on fixing their problems before people stop kvetching as their full time job? Hackett is a terrible communicator, but if you listen to everybody else at Ford I think it's pretty exciting. Hackett just needs to make sure those people are doing the work and that's his job right now. The results will speak for themselves but it ALWAYS takes an enormous amount of time and for the life of me I can't figure out why auto-journalists don't grasp this.
They absolutely grasp that, but slam pieces get more page clicks.
wingsnut likes this.

'18 F-150 EcoBoost, '05 Mustang GT 5MT; '16 Escape SE; '48 F-1 Stakebody flathead
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 07:00 PM
Ford Explorer

Things always appear dusty and disjointed during construction. Ford is constructing a radical departure from traditional automotive operations.
spudz64 and patan like this.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 04:41 AM
Ford Sport Ka

Garage

Ford needs to get the basic's wright first, the Continental I order had a hood that was way out of whack, trunk lid was the same just not as bad and the back doors on the drivers side was not adjusted correctly it was into far. The hood's driver edge at the top did not line up with the metal trim that runs along the side of the front windshield pillar. The hood did not line up with the fenders top edges too. The car had allot of rattles and creaks something a new car should not have. It was a real let down it looked like nobody put any effort into making the car wright. I love the Continental was going try to order a 2019 but if the quality is this bad I think I may pass. I went around the dealer lot and the MKZ, Expedition and Navigator had what appeared to be the best quality no wavy door and side sheet metal like the F150's. The 2019 MKC's hoods where hit and miss, mostly a miss with gaps so big on one side were the hood meets the top edge of the front grill usually the drivers side with gaps that looked like something from the 80's. Maybe Ford should not have made the Continental in a Mustang plant. Flat rock has always been hit and miss on Quality. I would know having owned several Mustangs from that factory. Even the F150's had allot of quality issues the front windshield pillar inside interior plastic trim pieces are warped that have the grab handles. Looking from the outside in of the front windows you could see the side pillars interior metal post and the window glue. Which should have been out of sight and covered up by the black border around the front windshield. Really disappointing I hope one of you insiders that work for Ford gets them to take notice of these quality issues. What I think is killing the Lincoln Continental is the bad quality the plant is putting out. I did not expect my Lincoln to have the same Quality of a Mustang. I expect it to be better on lining up the panels and get better gaps too. It would be nice if the Mustangs got more care too so the Continental would also. Sorry for the long rant I just want Ford to do better. I got pictures if any of you insiders want to get this to the wright people to fix these things. Sorry for the rant was really looking forward to my new Lincoln, now I'm back to square one and do not know what I want now.
glyphics and 70 Stang like this.

Last edited by SHELBY32; 08-22-2018 at 04:45 AM.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 12:41 PM
Focus RS WRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
That guy's bored.
Bored with Ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page