9 New Nameplates by 2023 - Page 3 - Ford Inside News Community
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 01:47 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: 9 New Nameplates by 2023

DeLorenzo is entrenched in the historical old school methodology of running an automotive company. Honestly, what the heck would he know about the future that Ford is trying to define and play in. I have to admit, I am somewhere in between. I love a good German competitor, but I also am intrigued about how this will play out with AI, EV, ride sharing, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:28 AM
Ford Focus ZX

He's a pessimist. I didn't even read this article because after reading his earlier one I found he had no credibility.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Focus RS WRC

Disagreeing with a person's opinion is one thing, attacking his credibility is another. Repeatedly, over the years, PMD has utterly savaged the management at GM and FCA in harsh terms. During that time, he has hardly aimed any meaningful salvos at Ford. One critical article about Ford and ...
The Handler likes this.

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 04:07 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

I think De Lorenzo is saying some truths. Is the Bronco on schedule?. The first time we hear about the Bronco return was 5 or 6 years ago. Is so difficult for Ford to get ready a SUV in 6 years?. Maybe some things related with the process for design and launch a new model ,needs to be revised at Ford.

And Mr. Hackett... Oh Mr Hackett... a CEO who cant (or doesnt know) speak in public. I hope that he know how to transmit his ideas to his subordinates in Ford. But I have doubts about the effectiveness of these ideas. Still, I think Ford will have a new CEO soon...next 18 months.

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 08:23 AM
Ford Explorer

Ummmm, PMD has had his fair share of critical Ford messages over the years. Quite a few in fact, and many that I have also contested. Please don't take this to extremes to make a point.

And honestly, questioning a journalist's credibility these days raises far more ire.....then does calling out an entire corporation as being inept. Figure that one out.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Focus RS WRC

Question a journalist's opinions? Fine. Question a journalist's credibility because you may disagree with that opinion? A crossed line. I disagree with you at times, Wings but I would never question your credibility.

Corporations can be inept and if they are, they can and should be called out. Many corporations are in the dustbin of history because of ...

Kodak, Polaroid ...
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 12:19 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphics View Post
Question a journalist's opinions? Fine. Question a journalist's credibility because you may disagree with that opinion? A crossed line. I disagree with you at times, Wings but I would never question your credibility.

Corporations can be inept and if they are, they can and should be called out. Many corporations are in the dustbin of history because of ...

Kodak, Polaroid ...
Is this not splitting hairs?

One could easily argue that PMD's so called 'opinion' about Ford's direction being a bad one, is based on little known facts - hence a questionable opinion.

One could also argue that the automotive future is clearly not spelled out, otherwise everyone would follow it. So if Ford is working toward that future, how can one describe them as inept.......today?
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Ford Focus ZX

I'm sure PMD could be a wonderful person but I meant as a journalist I give him no weight. That's just me though. I've seen how journalists can shape opinions - they can be very dangerous when the uninitiated can't read between the lines.

There's no problem in being critical of Ford, except that he is very unbalanced in his method, which is of the glass-half-empty kind. As you say, glyphics, he's given other manufacturers the same treatment. To me that says click bait is probably the main reason for his... extremisim.

Have you come across "the auto expert" on YouTube? He's a long time journalist that figured he'd make a quick buck making himself a YouTube celebrity. All he does is find fault in anything, and when people comment telling him how silly he looks he encourages them to make more comments and I quote "I'm getting more clicks, keep the insults coming". He's the guy that caused an uproar by going on national TV saying Ford is being totally irresponsible reckless for having a drift option on the Focus RS, causing all the nuggets and nannies calling to ban the vehicle from sale in Australia.
This guy, early in his career, was kind of OK. Kept his head down and wrote half decent articles. Now, his credibility as a journalist is zero, but there are always people that can't smell the bullshit, and that's why my friend I'm happy to call a spade a spade.

The automotive press in Australia were partially responsible for the collapse of local manufacturing in this country because they neglected to mention let alone lobby for the lack of protection the Australian government had for its auto industry. Instead, readers were subjected to doom and gloom articles telling them how Ford is going to collapse. Little did they know that if Ford closed then their darling, the "fully Austrayan" (GM-owned) Holden, and Toyota would also stop manufacturing.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 10:14 PM
Ford Falcon

For a long time Peter DeLorenzo has always favored Ford over GM and FCA, specially during his time as a co-host at Autoline After Hours. He owns (or at least owned) a Fiesta ST, and he likes the Continental & new Navigator.

In Mr. DeLorenzo's recent article, he did point out some things that I agree with, like late launches and to a degree his Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde analogy of Ford in recent years.

Ford will never miss a beat with the F-series and Mustang but discrepancy between its primary models and secondary models are very obvious.

I'm happy about Hau Thai-Tang's announcement regarding the all-new architectures and how Ford will shorten the time it will take new products to reach the showroom floor. I just wish they did this earlier.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:08 AM
FIN Staff Member

...and Ford is dropping 13 nameplates from it's NA lineup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page