Focus Active Cancelled! - Page 7 - Ford Inside News Community
 61Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 04:13 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,841
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaase View Post
No, they're blathering when they keep going on and on and on whining about the same subject.

Can't go back in history and make the first generation Taurus or Focus or Escort better and more reliable cars. Had Ford done a better job, the Camry, Accord, Civic, and Corolla wouldn't dominate the market the way they do. The fact is the F series and to a lesser extent Explorer and Mustang are what Ford's got, and with its massive debt Ford can't afford to keep trying with sedans.
Massive debt? Where? When? Ford is in a good financial state. The problem is the prices of the shares...
glyphics likes this.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 865
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Now I get it. So, under this definition, those who keep insisting that Ford is making all the right moves and that Ford has everything under control are blathering also because they keep going on and on and on about the same thing.

Some do not want to know or acknowledge the history because history points to the very things that got them into the mess they're in. Someone wise (you might call him a wise a**) said that those that do not know history are bound to repeat it. Another wise ... er ... man said that you can't learn from your successes.

People blather about the same things because they sense (rightly or wrongly) that Ford is making the same mistakes that they have in the past. No emperor like to be told that he's naked.

Sincerely,

A. Blatherer
glyphics is online now  
post #63 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 11:44 AM
Ford Focus
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 157
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
How are Ford hybrids a joke?

Ford has one uncompetitive hybrid.

The hybrid Drive system that launched in 2012, has been untouched for 6 years while the competition has improved and diversified their products Ford has remained stagnant.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?...38936&id=39339


I am in the market for a premium compact car with an Independent Rear suspension.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
biker16 is offline  
 
post #64 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,524
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker16 View Post
Ford has one uncompetitive hybrid.

The hybrid Drive system that launched in 2012, has been untouched for 6 years while the competition has improved and diversified their products Ford has remained stagnant.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?...38936&id=39339

Ford beat nearly of the competition to market significantly. Sure, some have newer, because they had nothing before.. Ford is on the cusp of rolling out a whole new family of hybrids.
wingsnut is online now  
post #65 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 375
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
Ford beat nearly of the competition to market significantly. Sure, some have newer, because they had nothing before.. Ford is on the cusp of rolling out a whole new family of hybrids.
Which makes it all the more pathetic how ford dropped the ball on leading the competition. Fusion Energi went from ~1400 sales a month two years ago to sliding to less than 400 last month. Pretty sad that they just let that happen. GM has had a hybrid truck for over 10 years yet still waiting for F150? Even Ram finally has one.

And Ford has always been behind in the development of pure electric...sales of focus ev are dismal. Arguably, pure electric is the future...hel why buy a vehicle with two intergrated, complex propulsion systems that take forever to pay off the investment when u can buy an ev and start saving immediately on fuel and maintenance costs? Tesla 3 sold nearly 18000 just last month. Ford needs to study the competition and their first serious ev had better be a homerun or they will remain an also ran.

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
Samesun is offline  
post #66 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,524
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samesun View Post
Which makes it all the more pathetic how ford dropped the ball on leading the competition. Fusion Energi went from ~1400 sales a month two years ago to sliding to less than 400 last month. Pretty sad that they just let that happen. GM has had a hybrid truck for over 10 years yet still waiting for F150? Even Ram finally has one.

And Ford has always been behind in the development of pure electric...sales of focus ev are dismal. Arguably, pure electric is the future...hel why buy a vehicle with two intergrated, complex propulsion systems that take forever to pay off the investment when u can buy an ev and start saving immediately on fuel and maintenance costs? Tesla 3 sold nearly 18000 just last month. Ford needs to study the competition and their first serious ev had better be a homerun or they will remain an also ran.

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/
Ford is about to roll out it's 3rd gen hybrids, with several interim updates between. And these will be the first hybrid ICE's designed as such, very rare in the industry. Most are just Atkinson cycle cam timing.
Hardly dropping the ball, that's for sure. Meanwhile, GM dragged it's feet for years with pseudo-partial hybrids, before finally offering what customers wanted when gas was expensive.

As for Ford's next gen BEV, I hardly think they can go wrong, especially if they actually plan on making money on them, rather than losing many thousands per sale. Ouch

Last edited by wingsnut; 09-10-2018 at 12:08 AM.
wingsnut is online now  
post #67 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 05:18 AM
Ford Falcon
 
AM222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,597
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Trump is rejoicing he was able to stop Ford from importing the Focus Active from China...
"This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!"
-President Donald Trump

Ford's response...
"It would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in the U.S. given an expected annual sales volume of fewer than 50,000 units,"

It must be bad luck for Ford that Trump attacks all the countries it wants to import small cars from.
AM222 is online now  
post #68 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 06:03 AM
Ford Falcon Ute
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,841
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Trump is rejoicing he was able to stop Ford from importing the Focus Active from China...
"This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!"
-President Donald Trump

Ford's response...
"It would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in the U.S. given an expected annual sales volume of fewer than 50,000 units,"

It must be bad luck for Ford that Trump attacks all the countries it wants to import small cars from.

The Trumpīs policy will turn the global autoindustry almost impossible. BMW, Mercedes-Benz wont be able to export their models assembled in USA to Europe and China. Ford wont be able to import China assembled cars from China to sell them in USA. The Germans wont be able to export their models from Europe to USA without a penalty. US automakers wont be able to export their models assembled in USA to Europe. This is the end of Global automakers... at least for the time that Trump lives in the White House.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is online now  
post #69 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 06:09 AM
Ford Escort
 
pffan1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Danville, Kentucky
Posts: 68
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Trump is rejoicing he was able to stop Ford from importing the Focus Active from China...
"This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!"
-President Donald Trump

Ford's response...
"It would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in the U.S. given an expected annual sales volume of fewer than 50,000 units,"

It must be bad luck for Ford that Trump attacks all the countries it wants to import small cars from.
What gets me is how biased against Ford Trump is. He never mentions the Mexican-made GM and Chrysler cars nor mentions that Ford is the most American-made of the Big Three. Ford did not get government bailout unlike the other two. Where is Trump regarding the Buick Envision that GM is trying to get exemption from? Seems like a businessman like Trump would know how expensive it is to build things in America considering his own products are also made in Mexico, China, and other foreign nations. The irony. It's a shame that Ford has to actually tiptoe around Trump regarding their business decisions as to not piss the man off on his Twitter account. The blatant bias from both Trump and the media sickens me and Ford loses no matter what while GM and FiatChrysler almost get free passes in pretty much everything they've done.
wingsnut likes this.

So fascinated with Ford's EcoBoost technology!!!
pffan1990 is online now  
post #70 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Ford Explorer
 
wingsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,524
Re: Focus Active Cancelled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Trump is rejoicing he was able to stop Ford from importing the Focus Active from China...
"This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!"
-President Donald Trump

Ford's response...
"It would not be profitable to build the Focus Active in the U.S. given an expected annual sales volume of fewer than 50,000 units,"

It must be bad luck for Ford that Trump attacks all the countries it wants to import small cars from.

Seeking fairness in trade, is not "attacking."
70 Stang likes this.
wingsnut is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome