Ford Inside News banner

Ford Puma

26K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  Andertey 
#1 ·
#8 ·
EcoSport in the short list of the best seller subcompact SUVs in Europe?

Not really

The first 4 are :

Renault Captur
Peugeot 2008
Dacia Duster
Fiat Panda

The EcoSport is not in the list of the 30 best seller cars of Europe in 2018... Only the Ford Fiesta, Focus and Kuga made this list.

#9 · (Edited)
EcoSport in the short list of the best seller subcompact SUVs in Europe?

Not really

The first 4 are :

Renault Captur
Peugeot 2008
Dacia Duster
Fiat Panda

The Chevy Spark-sized Fiat Panda is an A-segment car, not a B-segment car. The Fiat 500X is the B-segment Fiat CUV/SUV.

The EcoSport comes in at 6th, it's 5th place if you exclude the C-segment-sized CH-R which is a reskinned lifted Corolla hatchback.

I have some November 2018 European subcompact SUV sales figures.
Dacia Duster: 14,595 units
Peugeot 2008: 13,612 units
Renault Captur: 12,862 units
VW T-Roc: 11,074 units
Toyota CH-R: 10,693 units
Ford EcoSport: 9,476 units
Others...
Seat Arona: 8,638 units
Opel/Vauxhall Crossland X: 8,268 units
Opel/Vauxhall Mokka: 8,176 units
Hyundai Kona: 6,692 units
Fiat 500X: 6,469 units
Jeep Renegade: 6,225 units
Suzuki Vitara: 5,381 units
Mazda CX-3: 5,033 units
Citroen C4 Cactus: 4,316 units
Kia Stonic: 3,754 units
Nissan Juke: 3,621 units
Suzuki S-Cross: 2,561 units
Honda HR-V: 1,375 units
Kia Soul: 741 units (sometimes listed with CUVs/SUVs)
SsangYong Tivoli: 473 units

#14 ·
What? You have eyesight problems You should consult an ophthalmologist. The Puma is a crossover with a silhouette of a coupe, just like the E-Pace. The Kia is a traditional crossover, with a formal silhouette in the back.

The Kia:

#15 ·
We need both the EcoSport and the Puma here.
The EcoSport has good offroad chops, and it should be redesigned to look it. The Puma is a great city CUV.

Offroad / City

EcoSport / Puma
Scout / Escape
Bronco / Edge &Explorer
BrocoXL / Expedition

#17 ·
It's cute. I like it. I think it'd do well here in the US.

#20 ·
Looks wise I prefer it over the new escape and with the mild hybrid it would also make for a great commuter, so of course now ford USA is all in on suvs and crossovers and no longer wants to sell me a car it is naturally not available in the states :(

No doubt if it finally does turn up over here the higher quality interior it has over the fiesta will be the first thing on the chopping block as it is de-contented just like all the other euro fords, where as the only thing that needs sending to the chopping block is the woeful Ecosport with the Puma taking its place.

#21 ·
This type of car will, eventually, take a big portion of the compact sedan/hatch market (Focus size cars). Is the hottest segment in Europe.

The competition is fierce. Here 2 of the new Ford Puma competitors :

2020 Peugeot 2008

The interior of the Peugeot is sensational... the instrument panel is completely digital....that is why in the new Puma we found 2 digital screens...

This is the Citroën C3 Aircross... have been for 2 years in the market, and already looks old!

#27 ·
I wouldn't be upset if this did replace the EcoSport

#31 ·
The front-wheel drive-only Puma is essentially a roomier more stylish Fiesta Active "Plus".
The Puma's cargo floor box which allows it to have an expandable cargo area takes up the space where the rear differential would go in an all-wheel drive vehicle.

I think the next EcoSport will continue to be more SUV-like of the two with a higher ground clearance, higher wading capability and will have available all-wheel drive (like the current one).

#29 ·
It should keep offroad ability, and be restyled like the Bronco and Baby Bronco.
The Puma or something like it should also be offered here as a city CUV.

#40 ·
Still don’t get it. There’s a fair bit of overlap yet they won’t commit to making them global. No rhd for bronco and explorer, and probably the same for Puma.

Are you guys saying the ecosport’s replacement is Baby Bronco? If not then there’s even more overlap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.