MyFordTouch and TTAC... - Ford Inside News Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Thumbs up MyFordTouch and TTAC...

Once again we get a quality article full of real perspective rather than follow the leader, bash something because the cool kids are doing it garbage.

Quote:
But here’s the interesting part: no one bitches about Tesla’s screen. Actually, it’s even worse than that. Our friends at Consumer Reports, who somehow found the time to stop rolling over the Isuzu Trooper to test MyFord Touch, derided the system as being “too much like a computer,” noting that “it works OK statically, but when you’re driving it diverts too much attention away from the road.” They later went on to say “we wouldn’t recommend dealing with the frustrations of MyFord Touch on a daily basis even to an adversary.”

This is all well and good, and it reeks highly of the sort of folks who pay their bills by mail, so I’m in support. But less than six months later, the very same people called the Tesla Model S – home of the screen that was deemed too large to serve as the jumbotron at American Airlines Arena – the “best car ever.” They gave it a 99 out of 100, noting that its only flaw – a one-pointer – was the center-mounted touchscreen. The center-mounted touchscreen that’s half the size of the one they wouldn’t wish on their adversary when it’s mounted in a Ford.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-need-buttons/
More at the link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: MyFordTouch and TTAC...

If you are incompetent to use a computer , dont buy a car with a computer in the dash. So, dont buy a Ford with My Ford Touch system. And, you deserve to live in the 20 century, not in the actual age.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
If you are incompetent to use a computer , dont buy a car with a computer in the dash. So, dont buy a Ford with My Ford Touch system. And, you deserve to live in the 20 century, not in the actual age.
The point being the media, and Consumer Reports specifically, have bashed MyFordTouch unmercifully, yet they have all slobbered over the Tesla Model S in which ALL functions are run through a touch screen. The Model S received a 99, 1 point short of perfect from Consumer Reports, yet Ford/Lincolns are suggested to be un-buyable simply for having a touch screen. Its just another example of how our media doesn't really report news anymore, they simply report their own personal beliefs and prejudices and call it news. Is the Model S touch screen easy to use without taking your attention away from the road ahead? No. But it is the first truly all electric car with decent range and that tickles the fancy of those on the left everywhere, they'll overlook such issues in order to help further a cause they believe in.

I'm all for the continuing advancement of electric vehicles. However, I am now and always will be against hypocrisy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Focus RS WRC

Send a message via AIM to YellowZx5 Send a message via Yahoo to YellowZx5

The only gripe I have about MFT is when u are at the main screen and you want to get to navigation or climate, and you have to hit the edge and not the center, makes me want to punch the screen.

The screen is nice and the options are good. U can customize it pretty well too.

In my C-Max Energi the infotainment system is very manageable and the two screens on the side is very nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Current Car; 2018 Focus EV 115m Range
2015 Focus EV 75m Range, 2013 Cmax Energi, 2010 Fiesta, 2007 Milan, 2005 Ranger, 2002 Focus Zx5.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vermont Drive Electric Ambassador
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

http://www.leftlanenews.com/most-car...n-by-2020.html

Another article that can provoke fear in some people that are resistant to changes.... Some people needs to buy a 1960 car to avoid the new technologies...

Tags
myfordtouch, ttac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page