Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes? - Ford Inside News Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,799
Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

So far we've seen absolutely no evidence that a next-gen Expedition and Navigator are in development, although we've seen the new 2017 SuperDuty around for a year now and we're still waiting. What gives?

By this time we should see test mules or something, otherwise we are much farther out that I expected (2018/19). I suppose that makes sense, they want at least 3 MYs on an investment like the last MCE, but it seems like the expectation was sooner.
DetroitBORG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Ford Explorer
 
falcon lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,003
Send a message via MSN to falcon lover
Re: Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

The last update/refresh of the Expedition/Navigator was so succesfull that Ford may be considering to extend the life of the current generation and save some money before launch the new ones.

The platform (is supposed to be built on the F series pick up platform) is already proven , so, the work is easy and requires less time.

_________________________________________________
falcon lover is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Ford Mondeo
 
Dequindre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,214
Re: Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

Well, we've always known that both the Expedition and Navigator would drop in 2016 or 2017 as 2017 or 2018 models respectively, so the mules may still be back in the Glass House.

I doubt that Ford would push back development given the high profit margins and current dominance of the GM triplets.

__________________________________________________ _______________
Dequindre is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Ford Escort
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 67
Re: Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

Too early. Wait a few months.
double z is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 02:29 PM
FIN Moderator
 
nruggiero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 2,106
Re: Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

Freshenings usually last 3-5 years, so I'd expect a new one sometime late in the decade.
nruggiero is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 03:03 PM
2b2
Mercury C557
 
2b2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N NW of Atlantis (Reno)
Posts: 22,734
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Well, we've always known that both the Expedition and Navigator would drop in 2016 or 2017 as 2017 or 2018 models respectively, so the mules may still be back in the Glass House.

I doubt that Ford would push back development given the high profit margins and current dominance of the GM triplets.
known ???


and tho it's moot, I expect to hear NOTHING (unless it's misleading) until after the UAW contract nego's

.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2b2 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Ford Falcon
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,799
Re: Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
The last update/refresh of the Expedition/Navigator was so succesfull that Ford may be considering to extend the life of the current generation and save some money before launch the new ones.

The platform (is supposed to be built on the F series pick up platform) is already proven , so, the work is easy and requires less time.
Sales of the Expedition are actually down with the update. Navigator is up but under 1K units per month making it the worst selling in its segment. I would say the updates are a wash. Ford surrendered this market to GM years ago so it'll be interesting to see what they are able to do next with them.
DetroitBORG is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Ford Explorer
 
Andrew L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 5,931
Send a message via AIM to Andrew L
Re: Where are the Expedition/Navigator Prototypes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitBORG View Post
Sales of the Expedition are actually down with the update. Navigator is up but under 1K units per month making it the worst selling in its segment. I would say the updates are a wash. Ford surrendered this market to GM years ago so it'll be interesting to see what they are able to do next with them.
The Infiniti and Lexus sell better? I thought they were lower than the Navi.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic
Andrew L is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
expedition or navigator, prototypes

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome