Bronco - Page 10 - Ford Inside News Community
 107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 10:21 PM
FIN Staff Member

Re: Bronco

Troller Concept by Ford exterior designer Jose Carlos Barbosa Jr. Which looks like a more evolved version of the current Troller T4
http://www.carbodydesign.com/image/60770/

2b2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Ford Falcon

Re: Broncomania

@2b2, don't you think if Ford wanted to inject heritage into the next Bronco, they'd avoid the current Troller since it's basically a more original modernized version of what was a near-Jeep Wrangler-clone (original Troller)?

1st gen Bronco

Current Troller T4

Current gen 2-door Jeep Wrangler

This Bronco Concept's body styling on a shortened Ranger/Everest chassis would be interesting.
First glance, all I see is pure Bronco and no hints of Wrangler.

PS: The original YJ Wrangler-like Troller from the 90s, this is what influenced the current Troller's small windshield, high-cowl and exaggerated dash-to-axle proportions.
ScarredKnightfan likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 11-12-2016 at 07:09 AM.
post #93 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Ford Explorer

I hope Bronco is 2 door. It would actually differentiate it from the rest of their lineup. Cost is justified due to global ranger platform.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #94 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 12:42 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
1st gen Bronco

Current Troller T4

Current gen 2-door Jeep Wrangler

This Bronco Concept's body styling on a shortened Ranger/Everest chassis would be interesting.
First glance, all I see is pure Bronco and no hints of Wrangler.

PS: The original YJ Wrangler-like Troller from the 90s, this is what influenced the current Troller's small windshield, high-cowl and exaggerated dash-to-axle proportions.

@2b2, don't you think if Ford wanted to inject heritage into the next Bronco, they'd avoid the current Troller since it's basically a more original modernized version of what was a near-Jeep Wrangler-clone (original Troller)?
actually @AM222 ,
- I'm not at all sure that Ford-itself cares about BroncoHeritage, other than in
- pleasing its customers (unlike Mustang in which imho BILL FORD at least has personal/intense interest)

- TY for pix imho all except the OLD Bronco, but definitely INcluding the Concept, look Jeepish
"This Bronco Concept's body styling on a shortened Ranger/Everest chassis would be interesting.
First glance, all I see is pure Bronco and no hints of Wrangler
"
I find the Concept's wrangley-fenders to overwhelm the sides & prefer closer to the pix posted below
- my main imho: the 3 extant vehicles are necessary starting-points: EV.RA+Tro
...NOW, I'm wondering if any Territory hints would be nice??
- I'm just having fun / posing questions visually
- was totally thrilled to see the rendering Bloggin posted since I see it as using a near-identical adaption of the [F-150 HL's + Concept's name-bar], [–––]
- lest we forget:

i rather Want^ a "roof-porthole" or several^... (opt.pkg)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2b2; 11-12-2016 at 12:54 PM.
post #95 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2
TY for pix imho all except the OLD Bronco, but definitely INcluding the Concept, look Jeepish"This Bronco Concept's body styling on a shortened Ranger/Everest chassis would be interesting.
First glance, all I see is pure Bronco and no hints of Wrangler
"
I find the Concept's wrangley-fenders to overwhelm the sides & prefer closer to the pix posted below
It's the Trollers proportions that make it look Wrangler-ish.
The Bronco Concept is a modern interpretation like the 2005 Ford GT and original GT40.

About the concept's fenders....

ScarredKnightfan likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 11-12-2016 at 04:57 PM.
post #96 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 04:59 PM
FIN Staff Member

If we are talking about 'heritage', the this is the vehicle/design both Jeep and Ford(joint venture) get to work from, or create their own interpretations...

And I see Ford using this as their base design, when we look at the front and the arching upwards with each side fender, that has become a design element on current Troller models

2b2 likes this.
post #97 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggin View Post
If we are talking about 'heritage', the this is the vehicle/design both Jeep and Ford(joint venture) get to work from, or create their own interpretations...

And I see Ford using this as their base design, when we look at the front and the arching upwards with each side fender, that has become a design element on current Troller models

That's a Willys.
This is the Ford GPW.

Troller started in the mid-90s making Wrangler-style off-roaders. This was before they were part of Ford.

Besides, it's a Bronco, so it should draw inspiration from a Bronco, the same way the new Mustangs draw inspiration from the old Mustangs, not Thunderbirds.
SP1966 and Bloggin like this.
post #98 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 10:17 PM
FIN Staff Member

^....that brings us back here....

2b2 likes this.
post #99 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:

No matter how modern/futuristic it looks, the small vertical windshield, high cowl/hood, and exaggerated dash-to-axle proportions with the front wheels will always make its silhouette more Wrangler-like and less Bronco-like.

I think Ford really captured the feel of the original Bronco with the Concept. They should use it as a starting point if they plan to give the new Bronco unique heritage styling.
Bloggin likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 11-12-2016 at 11:13 PM.
post #100 of 141 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 11:14 PM
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: BroncoMANiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
Quote:

Like I mentioned earlier, it's the small vertical windshield, high cowl/hood, and exaggerated dash-to-axle proportions with the front wheels at the corners that make its silhouette less Bronco and more Wrangler-like..
@Bloggin
cuz
so many have been ranting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
for a wrangler-fighter & this does both that & heritage
imho
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post

Last edited by 2b2; 11-12-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
#bronco, #ford, #fordsuv, #rumors, #suv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page