Aviator / Explorer nextgens - Page 24 - Ford Inside News Community
 173Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Focus RS WRC
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logans Run View Post
I wonder if Lincoln already has plans for a somewhat modified version of this, or if they are looking at exclusive hybrid options not offered at Ford.
My guess (likely wrong) is that the Explorer ST will share the 3.0T with the Aviator. The hybrids will be different though. I feel the Explorer will likely use either a 2.0 or 2.3 Ecoboost hybrid combo (expect same in F150) wheres the Aviator will combine the hybrid system with either the 2.7 or 3.0 Ecoboost. Dont remember where I read by a Lincoln exec had said in an interview the Aviator hybrid would have "supercar" level power.
...that would be great. I'd love to get an Aviator Plug-in, but I wish Lincoln would start announcing stuff, so I can plan my purchasing. This holding everything close to the vest **** has to end. Cars aren't small purchases anymore and knowing more about a vehicle may convince me to hold off for six months.
joseodiaga4, tagorgia and badhac like this.
mooseman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #232 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Ford Mondeo
 
badhac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Newport News VA
Posts: 1,121
Garage
Re: Aviator / Explorer nextgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...that would be great. I'd love to get an Aviator Plug-in, but I wish Lincoln would start announcing stuff, so I can plan my purchasing. This holding everything close to the vest **** has to end. Cars aren't small purchases anymore and knowing more about a vehicle may convince me to hold off for six months.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ Wish could thumb up more. Hate that Ford holds onto info for so long.
badhac is offline  
post #233 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Ford Focus ZX
 
spudz64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 327
Re: Aviator / Explorer nextgens

As already revealed here a ways back, Explorer gets:
-2.3 EB
-3.3 V6
-3.3 V6 HEV
-3.0 EB V6 (ST and Platinum models only)
Aviator is expected to get:
-3.0 TT V6 (same as above)
-3.0 TT V6 PHEV (Aviator US exclusive)
The mystery is if the Aviator will also get the 2.3 EB as a base engine....?


I think the reason why some Explorers will get the 3.0 EB V6 rather than a 2.7 EB V6 is basically to try to simplify the build! As it is, there's 5 unique engines being installed as it is.
spudz64 is online now  
 
post #234 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Ford Falcon
 
rmc523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,597
Re: Aviator / Explorer nextgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
...that would be great. I'd love to get an Aviator Plug-in, but I wish Lincoln would start announcing stuff, so I can plan my purchasing. This holding everything close to the vest **** has to end. Cars aren't small purchases anymore and knowing more about a vehicle may convince me to hold off for six months.
Well, Aviator will be shown at one of the shows coming up in the next few months, so we'll likely have the info then.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
rmc523 is online now  
post #235 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 04:24 PM
News Guru
 
joseodiaga4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lima, Peru
Posts: 6,466
Re: Aviator / Explorer nextgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz64 View Post
As already revealed here a ways back, Explorer gets:
-2.3 EB
-3.3 V6
-3.3 V6 HEV
-3.0 EB V6 (ST and Platinum models only)
Aviator is expected to get:
-3.0 TT V6 (same as above)
-3.0 TT V6 PHEV (Aviator US exclusive)
The mystery is if the Aviator will also get the 2.3 EB as a base engine....?


I think the reason why some Explorers will get the 3.0 EB V6 rather than a 2.7 EB V6 is basically to try to simplify the build! As it is, there's 5 unique engines being installed as it is.
so aside from the style, the top Explorer gets the same as the Aviator (same engine, probably same tech, etc.)
joseodiaga4 is offline  
post #236 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Ford Mondeo
 
LincolnFanFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,100
Re: Aviator / Explorer nextgens

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
Dont remember where I read by a Lincoln exec had said in an interview the Aviator hybrid would have "supercar" level power.
I remember THAT statement, too.

Current rides:
2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Black Label
2017 Audi Q7 Prestige
LincolnFanFl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome