BRONCO ...thread continued - Page 2 - Ford Inside News Community
 301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Ford Explorer

Re: BRONCO ...thread continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut View Post
There is plenty of space between a factory Everest and a Raptor.
I am sure Ford will find a sweet spot.
The problem from my perspective is the market is speaking with their dollars and saying the Wrangler is what they want. Toyota still offers the 4Runner, but it's a tiny niche in terms of sales and really even then isn't after the same buyer as the Wrangler. Ford has a huge opportunity with the Bronco, sticking that name on an Everest is just half assing it's potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Ford Explorer

Send a message via AIM to Andrew L

IMO one of the best features of the Bronco was the removable roof. Obviously you can't do it like they did in the 60s to 90s since you would need a roll cage for obvious reasons but if it won't have it, that's a bummer.
hbmf3 likes this.

Current Car: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve Ice Storm 2.0h CVT
Previous Cars
2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan White 2.0L Duratec I4 4 Speed Automatic
2004 Lincoln LS V6 Luxury Cashmere Tri-Coat 3.0L Duratec V6 5 Speed Automatic with SST
1999 Mercury Sable LS Premium Toreador Red Clear Coat Metalic 3.0L Duratec V6 4 Speed Automatic

Last edited by Andrew L; 01-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.
post #13 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
From your original post opening this thread:
was the reddit posts that Andrew's disappearing post (quoted from old thread) referred to,
not what I believe/think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by "quoted-by-SP1966" View Post
..."I hear what you are saying. This truck will be a competitor to the Colorado. Our design team does not have the autonomy to change the hood, companies have already been contracted to produce the current design of most body panels"...
like with the Mustang S550 had 'many' (dozen?) fullsize, different style, mockups fabricated before getting finalized (saw pix on Mustang6g),
I don't see a reason to assume this anonymous-big-mouth is on the ONLY design team

Quote:
Originally Posted by "quoted-by-SP1966" View Post
..."The new truck will be a facelifted T6"...
I have reason to accept it's a new platform-generation.
Thinking that this time the U.S is getting it first, is MY assumption-
-but that answers any doubts about the lifespan of current RotW versions imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
Either the Reddit poster is full of crap, or it will not be an all new generation.

Edit: Let me clarify that regarding the Ranger I'm not bothered by it being T6 based so much as I am about the fact he claims the number one consideration is not stepping on the F150's toes. Build the two best trucks you can, full size and midsize, then let the buyer decide. GM went to great lengths to ensure their midsized trucks were the best in class, I doubt they did so with a primary goal of not stepping on the toes of their full sized trucks. I just hate seeing good enough from Ford.
without totally dis-believing what he said,
I AM thinking that ^he^ only knows Part of the full bRangO story...

as far as I'm concerned, There HAVE TO be 3 main versions: pickup(s) / suv(s) / (Troller-)2-door
whether the U.S (eventually) gets (A version of) all 3 :: imho UNdecided as of yet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:09 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotch View Post
Makes a lot of sense... if all goes well the 2nd gen will heighten the bar.
I love what the Everest can do...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9cM5hBzMY0

I can get behind a true body on frame and solid rear axle truck.

Toyota has the same line up...
CH-R = Ecosport
RAV4 = Escape
Highlander = Explorer
Sequoia = Expedition
Tundra = F-150
4Runner = Bronco
Tacoma = Ranger
if they want something to compete with the 4Runner, the Everest is a nice idea but a "Bronco" can´t be just an Everest.
The Bronco should be this:
2b2, Andrew L and hbmf3 like this.
post #15 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Ford Falcon

Slapping the Bronco name on an Everest would be a failure and a waste of time, in my opinion. I'd be greatly disappointed if that's the route they take.
Andrew L likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #16 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Ford Explorer

Wow, you guys have already condemned the vehicles as failure practically. Based on what? A few remarks and opinions on the internet.

If the guy was a Ford employee, what he did was wrong and hopefully he is held accountable. I put a lot of effort into not divulging sensitive secrets, especially product so far out.

I won't touch this one any further.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Wow, you guys have already condemned the vehicles as failure practically. Based on what? A few remarks and opinions on the internet.

If the guy was a Ford employee, what he did was wrong and hopefully he is held accountable. I put a lot of effort into not divulging sensitive secrets, especially product so far out.

I don't believe that guy was correct anyway. I still think we'll see something completely unique from the Everest, but still based on Ranger's platform.

My point is simply that Ford's crossover lineup is already filled with vehicles like the Everest in Edge and Explorer (with Escape and Expy below and above those, respectively). Why do they need another one slotted in there that is essentially the same vehicle? I just think a vehicle that targets a different audience (like the Wrangler) would be far more successful than another regular SUV in the lineup in the form of a rebadged Everest renamed Bronco.
SP1966 and iculookn like this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #18 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:

I'm simply responding to what was in that Reddit post, I acknowledge that it may be complete BS. That said the Bronco could well be a sales success for Ford while failing to fill a currently unfilled niche in their lineup. That wouldn't be a failure, but it would be extremely disappointing to me as a Ford fan.
post #19 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:33 PM
FIN Staff Member

Well, in 2004 this is what Ford anticipated the Bronco to look like.

From my perspective, it looks like the Troller T4 that came later offered production design elements of that concept, in a smaller package. Remembering that the large Bronco concept above was when GM sold Hummer. Those days are over. With global fuel economy restrictions getting tighter, a next gen Troller-ish Bronco on Ranger platform makes sense. Also, with Ford's consistency with offering 4-door vehicles to reach a wider market.

It's highly doubtful that a somewhat impractical 3 door Bronco will be the plan.

Ford needs a piece of the large and growing global Jeep consumer base. Wrangler sold 191.774 units in the US for 2016 by the way. Which is why I think a Troller T4 inspired, 4 door Bronco, lightweight, Everest size SUV with removable doors option and canvas roof option works.

post #20 of 541 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Ford Explorer

I think that if Ford produces it with styling cues from at least one era, gives it aggressive offroad looks and capability (big tires, good ground clearance, big suspension travel, advanced AWD, skidplates, etc.) a powerful engine, and the name Bronco.....that the product will be well received by many. Especially because Ford does not make another SUV anywhere close to this. Certainly not the Explorer. The only thing missing for me personally, would be a removable section of roof. Perhaps Ford will surprise us there. As far as door count, I am on the fence. Climbing into the back seat of a tall 2 door 4x4, requires either youth or great skill and flexibility or all of the above. I had one. I know. Ford is smarter than that, no matter how cool we may think it to be. And no, deployable running boards have no place on a Bronco.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page