BRONCO ...thread continued - Page 22 - Ford Inside News Community
 264Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Ford Kuga

Re: BRONCO ...thread continued

It's true Ford is getting back to an emphasis on substance over design so they spend less time upgrading the visuals as much as the internals, which means everything always looks older than it is at Ford. The Ranger is a good example of this. So it's possible Bronco will borrow things from the Ranger/Everest such as the interior but I don't think the exterior packaging and design will work at all for a Bronco. Ford essentially needs to approach this as a new Mustang, a cultural icon that only they can produce and sell while things like Ranger, Focus and Escape are just commodities that anybody can make. Ford is best when it can capitalize on things unique to their brand so Bronco has to be far more important to them than Ranger in particular which is mostly filling the cheap-seats for the F-150 (which is why I don't think we'll ever see a Ranger Raptor in the US).
2b2 likes this.

Last edited by Assimilator; 02-21-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
I worry

I worry that LIKE THE RANGER, the Bronco will HAVE completely Unique front styling,
THAT LOOKS INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM the ROTW VEHICLE (ie Everest)
The US Ranger has a different pickup bed, a different front end with a unique reshaped aluminum hood, different fenders, and frame-mounted steel bumpers.
I can tell the difference between a US Ranger and a RoTW Ranger. It is a US version of a global T6 model, so it retains the same basic styling. Accept it.

The Bronco is a different case, it was designed to be a Bronco from the start.
Shared chassis does not mean the Bronco has to share body panels with existing models.
falcon lover, spudz64 and Bloggin like this.

Last edited by AM222; 02-21-2018 at 04:00 PM.
post #213 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 06:53 PM
Ford Focus

Ford better decide which design look they are going with: Troller or Everest. It already 2018!
2b2 and Bloggin like this.

post #214 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Ford Kuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
The US Ranger has a different pickup bed, a different front end with a unique reshaped aluminum hood, different fenders, and frame-mounted steel bumpers.
I can tell the difference between a US Ranger and a RoTW Ranger. It is a US version of a global T6 model, so it retains the same basic styling. Accept it.

The Bronco is a different case, it was designed to be a Bronco from the start.
Shared chassis does not mean the Bronco has to share body panels with existing models.

Ford tends to way overstate reality with technicalities. The US Ranger shares the same design with the ROTW Ranger if not the individual components. I don't think anybody who sees both Rangers side by side would ever say "Completely Unique" to describe the regional variation.
2b2 and Bloggin like this.
post #215 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 09:47 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
It's true Ford is getting back to an emphasis on substance over design so they spend less time upgrading the visuals as much as the internals, which means everything always looks older than it is at Ford. The Ranger is a good example of this. So it's possible Bronco will borrow things from the Ranger/Everest such as the interior but I don't think the exterior packaging and design will work at all for a Bronco. Ford essentially needs to approach this as a new Mustang, a cultural icon that only they can produce and sell while things like Ranger, Focus and Escape are just commodities that anybody can make. Ford is best when it can capitalize on things unique to their brand so Bronco has to be far more important to them than Ranger in particular which is mostly filling the cheap-seats for the F-150 (which is why I don't think we'll ever see a Ranger Raptor in the US).
You think Ford would go through the effort of launching a completely unique new Bronco, just to put Ranger's interior into it?

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #216 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc523 View Post
You think Ford would go through the effort of launching a completely unique new Bronco, just to put Ranger's interior into it?
The Expedition says hello.
2b2, Bloggin, 70 Stang and 2 others like this.
post #217 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
I thought about that. But Expedition at least has a history of sharing the interior with the F-150 (the first gen, which also shared front ends), whether I think it should've had its' own dash or not.

Bronco is a completely separate entity from Everest/Ranger, and Ranger already has a model (Everest) using its' interior. For Bronco to ALSO use that interior would be terrible.
SP1966 likes this.

Current Vehicles:
2009 Ford Flex Limited w/ AWD
Light Ice Blue/White Suede Roof | Med. Lt. Stone Interior | Vista Roof
2018 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Lightning Blue | Black Top | Black Interior
post #218 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
I thought about that. But Expedition at least has a history of sharing the interior with the F-150 (the first gen, which also shared front ends), whether I think it should've had its' own dash or not.

Bronco is a completely separate entity from Everest/Ranger, and Ranger already has a model (Everest) using its' interior. For Bronco to ALSO use that interior would be terrible.
The original Bronco was its own product. The second generation used F150 underpinnings and interior. The Bronco II used Ranger underpinnings and interior. I will be surprised if in Ford's current cost cutting environment they don't use the Ranger interior on the Bronco.
falcon lover, 2b2 and HotRod like this.
post #219 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Ford Kuga

Quote:

The Expedition shared the F-150 interior only in its first generation when it was basically a F-150 with an enclosed bed, once the F-Series and Expedition went in different engineering and design directions they split up completely in 2003. But now we are back to sharing that old F-150 dashboard which clashes big time with the rest of the vehicle and is just not attractive for this segment and pricing. I don't understand why Ford spends so little on interior upgrades, even when it comes to an all-new vehicle (Expedition) they recycle a 4 year old dashboard. Not to mention none of the MCEs have made any upgrades since Mullally was still CEO. That's spreading to Lincoln now, despite a major exterior refresh and name change, Nautilus barely touched the interior which has long been a sore point since the car came out.

Last edited by Assimilator; 02-22-2018 at 03:32 PM.
post #220 of 393 (permalink) Old 02-23-2018, 02:43 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
If the new Bronco will be inspired by the gen 1 Bronco (boxy and retro-futuristic), it will most likely get its own dashboard but with some shared switchgear/components.

Based on what @wingsnut said about the boxy studies, I'm expecting it to look like something somewhere between a Wrangler Unlimited and a Hummer H3.

The Expedition and F-series are not modern style icons in the same level as the S197-onwards Mustang. I feel that Ford wants the Bronco to be like a Mustang, Wrangler, or Benz G-wagen.
falcon lover likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 02-23-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page