LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
2b2
Mercury C557

Re: BRONCO ...thread continued

getting close?

Car&Driver
scford58 and hbmf3 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 06:48 PM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
getting close?

Car&Driver
It's widely known that the Bronco won't have the removable roof like past Broncos nor like the Wrangler so why is it that Car and Driver can't do an image that actually reflects that reality? I call fake news!

post #283 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 10:39 AM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
getting close?

Car&Driver
I don't think that's close. Profile will obviously be similar to the 2004 concept which was inspired by the 1st gen Bronco. The greenhouse is boxy and the windshield is more vertical.
Nameless likes this.

post #284 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 07:00 AM
Ford Falcon Ute

Send a message via MSN to falcon lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM222 View Post
I don't think that's close. Profile will obviously be similar to the 2004 concept which was inspired by the 1st gen Bronco. The greenhouse is boxy and the windshield is more vertical.

Is incredible that Ford management thinks that the Fusion/Taurus customers will buy this vehicle instead those sedans... Bronco is a completely new market segment for Ford. Ford is abandoning a segment (sedans) to enter another one (rugged SUVs). Ok, ok, ok, SUVs are more profitable. But Ford is despising a group of Ford product consumers to go to conquer another completely different. They will be successful?
post #285 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 09:11 AM
Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
Is incredible that Ford management thinks that the Fusion/Taurus customers will buy this vehicle instead those sedans... Bronco is a completely new market segment for Ford. Ford is abandoning a segment (sedans) to enter another one (rugged SUVs). Ok, ok, ok, SUVs are more profitable. But Ford is despising a group of Ford product consumers to go to conquer another completely different. They will be successful?
Well, I would absolutely trade in my Taurus lease for a Bronco, if it was available at the time. But that's just me
falcon lover likes this.
post #286 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 12:22 PM
Ford Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon lover View Post
I think Ford wants its car customers to move to car-based SUV/CUVs, not necessarily hardcore body on frame SUVs.
Then again, no SUV can match the handling/dynamics of a sedan without resorting to "aggressive sports suspension".

When it comes to efficiency, you'll probably have to spend extra for electrification above the default premium an SUV has above an equivalent sedan.
scford58 likes this.

Last edited by AM222; 05-27-2018 at 12:39 PM.
post #287 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Ford Explorer

I think that a base Ford Edge today has equal or better handling dynamics than a base sedan from a few decades ago, except perhaps at extreme limits. But an Edge ST can really make up much of the difference of a moderate sport sedan enough that few would miss the benefits that a sport sedan makes up for. I also think that today's generation cares far less anyway, hence the departure from sedans.
ehaase likes this.
post #288 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:27 AM
Ford Focus ZX

post #289 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 10:44 AM
Ford Falcon

During this time a year ago, we already saw many photos of the 2019 US market Ranger prototype.
If the Bronco will make its debut a year after the US Ranger, shouldn't we be seeing spy photos of Bronco prototypes by now?

PS: They better make the New Bronco global just like the Wrangler.

Last edited by AM222; 07-29-2018 at 10:48 AM.
post #290 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Ford Kuga

Ranger was just a mild update of an existing vehicle, we were seeing Rangers for years anyway. Bronco is being developed in Australia which may explain why we don't see much yet. I can probably get a date on Bronco but it's a very late 2020MY product like Ranger is a very Late 2019 MY product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Inside News Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page